X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very unhappy with customer support

As some of you may have read the word games that Ridgid plays with the term "Lifetime Service Agreement" vs Warranty. In my phone calls, their employees even get confused and claim "Lifetime Warranty." The call I made today, I spoke to a lady that was so intent on interrupting me and thinking about what she was going to say to me that she didn't listen to me and the problems I was having. She wanted to argue with me about what was said during previous calls (which she wasn't a part of).

nonetheless...

I bought this Drill/Recip Saw combo in 2010. I was told at Home Depot that they had lifetime warranty on batteries and chargers, which is the ONLY reason I bought Ridgid. After about 4 months, a battery died. I called Home Depot and of course they said since I didn't register within 90 days, I couldn't get the lifetime WARRANTY (wrong term). I called Ridgid, and they told me the same. I basically was told too bad, live with it, by both. I finally got a HD employee to swap my battery for his demo battery. I thank him for trying, when others FAILED TO TELL ME THAT I WAS STILL IN THE 3YR WARRANTY PERIOD. However, I now have one battery with serial numbers that are "bad" and now not covered under the 3yr warranty. Why? Because HD and Ridgid were so busy scolding me for not registering for the LSA that they neglected to help me under the warranty.

Typically, when you think warranty vs service agreement, what do you think? Warranty comes with it and service agreement is something you pay for. They are using terms that are confusing to the customer, and they even substitute warranty for LSA in their conversations. Nonetheless, the reason I have tools with no lifetime "coverage" is partially due to their confusing terms. The reason I have hobbled through about 2yrs with crappy batteries and now have two that are completely useless, is because they failed to help me 2yrs ago.

These were my first Ridgid power tools...and will be the last. Customer support (product support) means a lot to me. If you want to play games with words and dates of registration on LIFETIME coverage, go ahead, but it will be the last time you play that game on my money!!

Soon to come: Youtube video... Ridgid Power Tools vs Ar-15. Wonder how these tools ill hold up to a 223 round.

(wondering if this post will be approved to the site, or removed)

Very unhappy with customer support

hmmm my other posts were removed. They can't remove my facebook and youtube posts.

Comment

Re: Very unhappy with customer support

This site does not censor complaints. It does however censor posts which might be spam until a live person can approve them. The length of your post as a new member may have caused the automatic moderation.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

"Soon to come: Youtube video... Ridgid Power Tools vs Ar-15. Wonder how these tools ill hold up to a 223 round."

I bet your tools are just shaking in their boots!

Comment

I think that you may have a bigger problem than just the failing batteries.

Ron

Comment

I don't believe that there are any word games going on at all. There may well be a case of a lack of the following happening;

Comprehension - capacity of the mind to perceive and understand; power to grasp ideas; ability to know.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

"Soon to come: Youtube video... Ridgid Power Tools vs Ar-15. Wonder how these tools ill hold up to a 223 round."

Ridgid tools are claimed to by warrantied against an Ar-15 round......

Holy chit I better line up my camera reels, monitors, toilet auger & pistol rodders to see if they're up to snuff

Comment

I don't even know why Ridgid puts instructions in the box with the tools. No one ever seems to read, understand and follow them.

Comment

I have failed to properly register products myself in the past...and even have several in the 90 day period I haven't done yet.

I have no one to blame but myself for those failures. I generally attribute it to laziness and/or short attention span.

Comment

Why not sell the bare tools if your so unhappy for your lack of reading skills... the LSA paperwork is hard to miss, and its in every box. The one handed recip-saw is probably one of the best cordless tools they have made. Destroying it is childish... but your attitude seems that as well....

Comment

and using such a small caliber of cartridge is a waste.
                      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                        and using such a small caliber of cartridge is a waste.

I actually had a chance to shoot an AR .223 Saturday. I'll stick to my .270 thank you.

Comment

my go to gun for demolition is a Remington .375 Ultra Magnum with 300 grain soft points.
                          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Destruction... I'll stick to 5 pellet buckshot from a 12ga shotgun... boom!

30-06 does a nice job at tearing through targets as well.

Comment

Plumber Pucky - 300grain, how do you find the recoil on the Ultra Mag? I shoot my fathers Savage 300wm occasionally and find it kicks quite a bit which is why I'm looking at a 30-06 spg using 180gr for my next gun.

Alphacowboy, I'm actually researching for the purchase of a 30-06 for an upcoming Moose Hunt. The .270 is a great gun but I want something more suited to moose. So far I have it narrowed down to a Savage 116 Weather Warrior or a Tikka T3 Lite SS. I'm leaning more towards the Savage though as it has a better stock, plus I already own Savage Firearms so am familiar with the brand. T3 is smoother on the bolt but I can't find a difference on accuracy up to 500 yards in any review I read. I was considering a Remingtion but I can't stand the Dura-Coating over the synthetic stock, I've read a lot of reviews with complaints of it wearing off and looking like garbage. What do you shoot in 30-06?

Comment

Working...
                              X