chinese hackers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinese hackers

I just read a headline about chinese hackers compromising some very high security, highly sensitve defense documents including specific missle defense information. I know that most Americans would like to believe communist china is a harmless threat, and great trading partner, but I do not agree!
    If we cannot secure our Internet use against such attacks then maybe it's time to loose the convenience and use some older more secure method? Our nation is at risk, or else communist china would not be determined to steal our technology. They are not harmless allies, and we are naive to think otherwise. Frank

Re: chinese hackers

why do so many computers that have sensitive information on them, are connected to the Internet in the first place? really it is dumb to have them connected, pulling the plug could eliminate a lot of the problem,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You are right on the mark BHD. These computers should be on a seperate, parallel network that is DOD only, with no physical connection to the internet. Cyber security is a huge issue in many businesses too. You would not believe the protocols that are in place to prevent unauthorized access to some business computers and microprocessor-based equipment. Its cost is huge when you factor in all the delays it creates in getting work done day-to-day.

And its one reason that I go out of my way to buy things made here, or if not that are NOT made in china, as anything that helps fund their efforts is anti-american to me. I will never believe that opening trade with china has helped us or the rest of the free world.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 05-28-2013, 03:41 PM.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Bob D for President!!! They are a brutal regime that crushes human rights and freedoms, yet, there are many Americans who believe they are harmless capitalists. Insane.

Comment

Just think about all those internet connected "Smart meters" that have been rammed down California's throat for the last four years. Hundreds of thousands of smart meters that can be hacked into by foreign hackers, just imagine the mischief that can be caused, much to PG&E's embarrassment.

Comment

What are you worrying about they have hacked the builder who is building our new intelegence agency building in Canberra in Australia and stolen the blue prints and know every nook and cranny when when our spies move in they will have to use sign language and our government thought they were friends but at least we have no new weaponry on the drawing board like you and when a war starts will you be able to trust what your computers in tactical are telling you

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
              Just think about all those internet connected "Smart meters" that have been rammed down California's throat for the last four years. Hundreds of thousands of smart meters that can be hacked into by foreign hackers, just imagine the mischief that can be caused, much to PG&E's embarrassment.
              They are everywhere across the country. You will start seeing them soon if not already.

Resist, that's all I can say, resist.

I am starting to hear grumblings about all this solar generation and how it is affecting the bottom line of the electric utilities. If you remember not long ago I ranted about it and how it was changing the landscape that the utilities are so used to (and comfortable) playing on. Watch for rate changes and for varying rates for day and night use. Anything you saved by producing your own power will be offset by increased rates. It has to happen or the whole electric infastructure will crumble. You heard it here first. Give it a couple years but its coming. I'm pn the fence as to selling any utility stocks I have. Don't have much but I don't want to lose it, so watching carefully.

We may have to nationalize T&D (transmission & distribution) to keep it going, because without it we're in trouble.

Is that far enough off topic for ya?
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Good food for thought and no, nothing that makes us think and maybe prepare is ever far off the topic. The power company asks us to conserve and avoid use during peak hours in the summer, but with the help of the public service commissions, they could easily charge us more as you suggested.
                Much as I am disturbed by the chinese hackers, we have our own hackers right in the USA who like to brag about what they are capable of. I figure it's a matter of time until they disrupt power, or communications transmissions. We are too vunerable because of so much dependence on the Internet. I say get rid of all cell phones and computers! Get rid of credit cards, microwaves, and women's rights! I went too far, right

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I just read a headline about chinese hackers compromising some very high security, highly sensitve defense documents including specific missle defense information. I know that most Americans would like to believe communist china is a harmless threat, and great trading partner, but I do not agree!
                  If we cannot secure our Internet use against such attacks then maybe it's time to loose the convenience and use some older more secure method? Our nation is at risk, or else communist china would not be determined to steal our technology. They are not harmless allies, and we are naive to think otherwise. Frank
                  We're doomed. Plan and simple. First it was the Twinkie business, now owned by a Mexican bakery.
                  Now fasten your seat belts. The Chinese have just bought Smithfield, those fine folks in the pig business.
                  That includes the Armour and Farmland labels.

What's next? Disneyland? General Motors? Coca Cola? Jim Beam? Ridgid?
                  AP

Comment

"China's Shuanghui International plans to buy Smithfield Foods Inc. for $4.7 billion to feed a growing Chinese appetite for U.S. pork, but the proposed takeover of the world's No. 1 producer has stirred concern in the United States."

Nothing to worry about. concern has been stirred! Yeah, we're in trouble, they control most of our consumer goods which don't hold up very well, now they will begin to control our food supply. I say join'em, don't fight'em, so I will try to sell my right to post on this Forum to the chinese. If the deal goes through you will be reading posts by "Frankiarmz" that are actually written by some chinese person. Look for telltale signs such as posts which talk down about Unions, workers rights, and anything that challenges the government. On second thought , that won't work

Comment

so all of a sudden we are all up in arms about the Chinese. We don't mind sending all our resources there and taking their money. That is when they actually pay for the goods.
                      So has no one heard the saying "He who holds the money holds the power". We all want a bit of their cash and they don't care, they will get it back twenty ++++++++ fold. Can we buy land and businesses in China, no way. So why do we sell our land to anyone who knocks on our door quicker than looking at them. So they are stealing secrets, so what. How do we know that they have what we don't really want them to have, the wrong secrets. Wouldn't it be funny to see them build an F.35 which blew up when they put the key in and started it. Love to see them claim warranty....................!!!!!!!!!!
                      We are all guilty of promoting the rise of China.

BTW, I am not racist, at least not any more than what the Chinese are towards us.

Comment

Working...
                      X