X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA registration idea...

I think the LSA program needs an upgrade to the current century. What I mean is that with today's technology, it needs a revamp of how registration is processed. A good example is that of electronic purchases, namely gaming consoles. When you buy say an Xbox360, they not only scan the UPC, but the serial number as well. I personally think Home Depot and Ridgid need to implement "at register registration". You purchase the tool, and serial numbers are automatically registered with Ridgid at the close of the sale. No more wondering if it was registered or not. It would be synchronized with the HD repair systems, streamlining repairs.

Re: LSA registration idea...

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
    I think the LSA program needs an upgrade to the current century. What I mean is that with today's technology, it needs a revamp of how registration is processed. A good example is that of electronic purchases, namely gaming consoles. When you buy say an Xbox360, they not only scan the UPC, but the serial number as well. I personally think Home Depot and Ridgid need to implement "at register registration". You purchase the tool, and serial numbers are automatically registered with Ridgid at the close of the sale. No more wondering if it was registered or not. It would be synchronized with the HD repair systems, streamlining repairs.
    Great idea, certainly doable and better than mine of DNA sample from the buyer

Comment

Good idea, just one drawback--they would have to train the cashiers and where would they get the trainers??

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        Good idea, just one drawback--they would have to train the cashiers and where would they get the trainers??
        Hire me, 200k a year sounds good don't ya think?

In all seriousness, it would be painless for even the challenged cashiers that HD employs. Don't get me wrong, there is many bright individuals that work there, but there are dull ones for damn sure. I avoid them at all costs if I can. My usual cashiers that I try to jump in their line if I can are quite smart really. But seriously, this would be a awesome upgrade to the LSA program and probably weed out invalid warranty repairs of items that no longer are owned by the original purchaser.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
          Excellent idea. Maybe Josh or someone else from RIDGID who visits the Forum will see this and present it to management for consideration.
          It would reduce their costs too, as there would be less need for people to man the phones, read emails, open snail mail, and process registrations that arrive by any of those methods. They would still need Cs people to handle claims calls, but not having to spend so much time with all those registartion processing would save money and be a win-win for both RIDGID/TTI and the consumer.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I agree....however....I think part of the reason they make the process painful is to discourage people from following through. A simple process could lead to them dropping the LSA altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
              I agree....however....I think part of the reason they make the process painful is to discourage people from following through. A simple process could lead to them dropping the LSA altogether.
              Although I see your point, I still think many people would simply forget it was covered under the LSA, or many probably would opt out anyway not wanting to waste their precious time with registration anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                Spot on! I see this with many rebates as well. They make the process a bit difficult to deter folks from following through.

Comment

In college I had some professors that would "weed out" the serious students by having a ridiculously difficult exam immediately so that many would just drop the course. In both cases it's about what benefits the supplier, not the consumer.

I've had cashiers try to sell me an extended warranty on Ridgid tools. The way they asked me the question led me to believe they were registering my warranty when in fact they wanted to charge me for a warranty extension....totally ignoring the existence of the LSA.

Comment

Knowledge really is power! When you realize crime is what criminals do, it is their livelyhood, then you understand how they often have you at a disadvantage. Consumers are in a similar predicament when dealing with the resources of manufacturers and salespeople. You must be an educated consumer and understand the game in order to stand any chance of doing well. I try to read return policies in stores, things written on receipts, warranties, all that stuff.

Comment

I can't shop at my local home Depot anymore!
                      At the check out the cashier asked if I was going to use my "Home Depot Card"?
                      I said no I'll be paying with Hawaiian dollars today!

She called the manager over .......after she whispered what I told her he winked at me
                      and told her we will let it go this time but he will no longer check out here!

As I left I whispered to her Hawaii happens to be one of the 57 states

If I only had a stupid poster to give as she gave me the deer in the headlights look

And you expect them to register your tools for you? Maybe they should also set them up for you or
                      even use them for you!

How about an adult tool purchaser take some responsibility and register their own tools, learn how
                      to take care of them and how to use them safely....how lazy and stupid are you? [general rant not directed
                      specifically to anyone unless you fall into the category! This was a politically correct statement disclaimer added to defray rude remarks]

Cactus Man

Comment

"How about an adult tool purchaser take some responsibility and register their own tools, learn how
                        to take care of them and how to use them safely....how lazy and stupid are you? [general rant not directed
                        specifically to anyone unless you fall into the category! This was a politically correct statement disclaimer added to defray rude remarks]"

Cactus Man

Seriously? There is no adult responsibility, that is a thing of the past! Today any adult who gets hurt can blame anyone but himself, and sue.
                        The same is taught to their children. The poor grades, bad teacher. They blame the police for picking on them if they get caught driving while on drugs, drunk or texting. Employers are no bargain either. I do think the LSA could be made better for both the consumer and Ridgid. I have gotten to the point that I keep every receipt, box and wrapping for at least two or three months, which is about how long many products last these days. It's a double edged sword in my opinion, plenty of irresponsible adults ,and plenty of junk being sold. New and improved has not meant a thing in many years. We need to either teach the chinese to write better instructions, or learn chinese so we can understand them. We are circling the bowl, at least that still works.

Comment

Working...
                        X