Make them feel at home and bomb it!
      You carn`t mention that word BOMB you`ll get us all in trouble

Tony

Comment

Re: The land of the free

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        You carn`t mention that word BOMB you`ll get us all in trouble

Tony
        Anybody tell me what a Hooters Franchise costs????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
          Anybody tell me what a Hooters Franchise costs????????????????????
          OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yea a little dicky dye doh I like them big too

Tony

Comment

There's a huge difference between someone "monitoring" your phone and "collecting data" on what numbers are calling what numbers! This data collection started under Homeland Security and is, for the most part, just tracking telephone number contacts, duration, etc. As reported and permitted under the program, it is mostly just computer tracking which looks for specific channels, numbers, and perhaps anomolies of phone exchange data. Once something looks a bit strange, it prompts further investigation. Personally, I don't see any infringement here, whatsoever. No more so perhaps than the fact that in many cities you and I are being recorded as we drive through intersections, walk down the street, go into stores, etc. In fact, I would think such surveilance would perhaps be more alarming.... IF you have something to hide! (OR you live in total fear of your government!)

I guess what most of us don't realize is that such things have to a large extent existed for a time well before 911. Many of us grew up in a time when telephones were not private at all. Many households were subjected to "party lines", in which a number of our neighbors could pick up the phone and "listen in". Before that, you couldn't make a call without going through a local switchboard and in many cases, that conversation could, and at times, was monitored.

What most people don't realize is that even in our modern age, that cordless phone signal could be picked up by almost anyone owning another cordles phone.... OR, a shortwave radio. When I bought our son a cordless phone for his room back in the early 80's, first thing that happened was that he brought to our attention that he could hear one of the kids he knew... they lived a block away (about 200 yards). We took that phone back to the store!

In 2000, I got my first 6-meter capable shortwave transciever and found out that I could hear certain "cordless" phones that were almost four miles away. One just has to have the discipline or no-interest to not eaves drop, but the potential was there. Likewise, cellulur phone traffic is plentiful, and most shortwave and scanners are sold with the label "cell-blocked".... but what does it take to "unblock" them, not usually much more than snipping a wire jumper in many cases (you just have to know where and how). Many of these types of radios can be purchased without the "blocking" if you have the proper permit; and in many case, old radio equipment isn't blocked at all, because cell phones didn't exist 30 years or so ago.

One doesn't realize that "cordless" and "cell" phones are nothing more than radio transcievers. They receive and transmit an RF signal between you and the cell tower and most cell towers simply "repeat" that signal to other cell towers. All that stuff is in the air, and with the right technology it can be received. Even if it's digital, it can be received, albeit somewhat harder to interpret; but nonetheless, it is out there.

In the late 70's, I read an article that storied an investigation of way the Soviet Embassing in the LA (IIRC) area had so many antennas on top of it. Seems they were monitoring the "silicone valley" area and could actually read the "key switches" on a computer terminal of the time. It doesn't take any imagination to realize who that kind of technology has advanced since then!

Technology is such today that if you want your privacy, then you need to get off grid, stay home or get far back into the hills and mountains. You can't be plugged in, connected, and turned on to the world and then expect that your absolute privacy is ensured. And, it isn't the government that you have to worry about, as much as the theives who can swipe your cell code, gather your personal information, and even your financial information by simply listening to all the signals that you are putting out there!

So, the NSA scanning through trillions of bits of electronic binary code shouldn't be any surprise to anybody... much less being the alarm that some are making of it.

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

You are right CWS, it's not as if the government was selling assault rifles to the mexican drug cartel. That would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                You may not have any thing to hide,

BUT you should be out raged, they are violating the 4th amendment,

they are stomping the Constitution and violating your rights and privacy,

If they want to put microphones in the your house?, your bed room, (remember you have nothing to hide).
                If they want cameras in your house? (they promise to pixulate your private parts, unless your hiding some thing), remember the NSA is your friend they are just looking for bad people,

Wake UP People
                People rhetorically ask, "If you have nothing to hide, what's the problem?" I say the same applies to government.

Would anyone here stand in line to get an implant that tells our government what we say and write, or listens in to conversations, tells our location, tells about money we move around, who we talk with, etc?

Think about smartphones. We actually PAY to buy one, pay the subscription, pay taxes, and keep it current. Even when they're off, they can still be used to listen to us and maybe even transmit video (the batteries cannot be removed on newer phones). Plus, developers are constantly inventing new apps to keep up connected through social media and even banking...the amount of metadata you emit grows by the day. Best of all, our government doesn't need to have us come in if our implant -- I mean -- smartphone stops working: we go out and get it repaired/replaced on our dime!

This relies on a couple very simple concepts: people want cutting edge technology for features, nobody wants to be left behind, and there is pride/vanity involved so you can WOW people with your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
                  People rhetorically ask, "If you have nothing to hide, what's the problem?" I say the same applies to government.

Would anyone here stand in line to get an implant that tells our government what we say and write, or listens in to conversations, tells our location, tells about money we move around, who we talk with, etc?

Think about smartphones. We actually PAY to buy one, pay the subscription, pay taxes, and keep it current. Even when they're off, they can still be used to listen to us and maybe even transmit video (the batteries cannot be removed on newer phones). Plus, developers are constantly inventing new apps to keep up connected through social media and even banking...the amount of metadata you emit grows by the day. Best of all, our government doesn't need to have us come in if our implant -- I mean -- smartphone stops working: we go out and get it repaired/replaced on our dime!

This relies on a couple very simple concepts: people want cutting edge technology for features, nobody wants to be left behind, and there is pride/vanity involved so you can WOW people with your phone.
                  My Dad used to call this sort of behavior, "Smartstupid". We are playing into all this insanity, they got us hook, line and sinker. I can remember a time before cell phones and the Internet. I can remember being free from all the technology, free to have an uninterrupted conversation, watch and listen to a movie in a theatre, etc. We have traded our privacy, relaxation, peace and quiet, and so much more for costly electronic gadgets. We are naked and at risk without our smart phone. We are out of touch, out of style, out of our minds if we refuse to be slaves to technology. All this technology, and yet there seems to be less social grace, less respect shown to one another. This brings me back to why we need the government to legislate more gun control rather than more gun education and responsibility? We have lost some intimate time as parents teaching our children life lessons as the smart phone and social media replace "Family". I know there is no going back, I just can't imagine what awaits going forward?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    My Dad used to call this sort of behavior, "Smartstupid". We are playing into all this insanity, they got us hook, line and sinker. I can remember a time before cell phones and the Internet. I can remember being free from all the technology, free to have an uninterrupted conversation, watch and listen to a movie in a theatre, etc. We have traded our privacy, relaxation, peace and quiet, and so much more for costly electronic gadgets. We are naked and at risk without our smart phone. We are out of touch, out of style, out of our minds if we refuse to be slaves to technology. All this technology, and yet there seems to be less social grace, less respect shown to one another. This brings me back to why we need the government to legislate more gun control rather than more gun education and responsibility? We have lost some intimate time as parents teaching our children life lessons as the smart phone and social media replace "Family". I know there is no going back, I just can't imagine what awaits going forward?
                    Any chance this could be engineered? I'm not a tin foil hat kind of guy, but what if we're being led down a certain path where our resulting behaviors fulfill the justification for greater control?

I believe we're being pushed along a path that will continue to feed the current machine. At some point in time, society will implode, and the only way to keep order will be to institute a police state.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
                      Any chance this could be engineered? I'm not a tin foil hat kind of guy, but what if we're being led down a certain path where our resulting behaviors fulfill the justification for greater control?

I believe we're being pushed along a path that will continue to feed the current machine. At some point in time, society will implode, and the only way to keep order will be to institute a police state.
                      Lets , for a minute, just assume you are correct. Then the question becomes who are the pushers? Is it the screamers, or the ones being screamed at? Who will benefit the most if that happens?

Comment

I don't think you have to be paranoid, or a conspiracy theorist to figure out that plenty of folks would benefit by keeping the masses "in line". Generally speaking, government and big business benefit from a powerless labor force and electorate. We can assemble and complain all we want if ultimately it leads to no change. Big business and the government benefit when labor groups lose clout, and the trend has been towards demonizing Unions. In my opinion if there is a plan it is coming together, even if some of the behavior is being exposed. Watch the News for distracting stories and events to make us forget. Drink the koolaid and relax.
                        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 06-14-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Bin laden must be laughing he has won his terror campaign against the west where we are all looking over our shoulders and governments are listerning to all our conversations knowing where we are tracking our iPones and reading our emails and computers where will it all end up who knows its up to the people to say but do the people of today have the courage to stand up or will they be lead like sheep BBBBBAAAbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            Who is they?
                            They,=
                            NSA, Department of home land security, the executive branch of the government, the department of Justice, Congress, the judicial branch,
                            the NSA is apparently the spear point, but do to decisions by the congress, and then forming new departments (Home land security), with there sub alphabet groups under them, FBI, CIA, NSA, and probably some we may not yet know about, or arms of the different groups, (most likely military security branches included), then you have the executive branch using parts for there own means, IRS, for example, as well as he department of Justice,
                            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                            attributed to Samuel Johnson
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

It's interesting to see how paranoid some of can get about this. I'm not sure if any of today's smart phone technology is really able to turn OFF or not. Certainly there are ways to tell, after all it is technically a "radio", and I would suspect that if there was a way for someone to turn them on remotely, someone would have made the discovery and reported it by now! Interesting possibility though.

I have to agree with Franki when he wrote, "We have traded our privacy, relaxation, peace and quiet, and so much more for costly electronic gadgets. We are naked and at risk without our smart phone. We are out of touch, out of style, out of our minds if we refuse to be slaves to technology. All this technology, and yet there seems to be less social grace, less respect shown to one another. This brings me back to why we need the government to legislate more gun control rather than more gun education and responsibility? We have lost some intimate time as parents teaching our children life lessons as the smart phone and social media replace "Family". I know there is no going back, "

I don't know about the "no going back" though... I think it's like smoking or anything other addiction. One just has to recognize it for what it is and decide for themselves as to whether the technology is a benefit or not.

Funny, because I've always been a tech guy. I bought our first home computer in 1979 and was on "the internet" well before there was a "web" or "windows". When I only a kid, I was appreciative of "communications" and loved not only listening to the world, but also talking to it via radio. But I don't need, want to, or even feel necessary to be constantly talking or being contact with someone. But "just in case" I do carry a cell phone, a 2-meter HT, and an all-band shortwave transceiver with me in the car.... ALL of them turned off! So I do think it's important to have the ability.

What I don't get, and what I find disconcerting is the "addiction" though. Yesterday I almost ran over a woman in the parking lot who walked right in front of my car... she was on the phone! I told my wife, "You know, it ought to be perfectly legal to run over anyone who is talking on there telephone while walking in the road or in the vehicle path of a parking lot"... AND, it really should!

Peope are always talking, but are they ever saying anything? You see two people walking down the street, or in their car and obviously are totally bored with each other... because either one or both are on the phone talking to someone else! You can't shop, or go anywhere where people aren't distracted by thier cell phones. The other day, a lady was being checked out at the grocery store... she was talking on the phone the whole time. The checker not only had to ring up her groceries and pack them, but also had to make several trips around the end of the counter and put the bags in her cart for her! When done she had to ask the women TWICE to make the payment! And the b!tch, was annoyed and rude to the cashier for interupting her conversation! Yep, running over "cell phone people" should be entirely legal!

Makes me wonder about the future too Frankie. A few years from now I think we could ask someone, "What did you do in, or what do you remember about 2013?"

I think their answer will be, "I don't know, I was on the phone!"

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                I don't think you have to be paranoid, or a conspiracy theorist to figure out that plenty of folks would benefit by keeping the masses "in line". Generally speaking, government and big business benefit from a powerless labor force and electorate. We can assemble and complain all we want if ultimately it leads to no change. Big business and the government benefit when labor groups lose clout, and the trend has been towards demonizing Unions. In my opinion if there is a plan it is coming together, even if some of the behavior is being exposed. Watch the News for distracting stories and events to make us forget. Drink the koolaid and relax.
                                Here is a little something to go along with what Frankie just said. <http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/14/1216158/-In-Wisconsin-Silence-Will-Not-Be-Tolerated>

Comment

Working...
                                X