X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The land of the free

Paranoid used to be thinking "Big Brother is watching". Turns out "Big Brother" Is watching!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
      Here is a little something to go along with what Frankie just said. <http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/14/1216158/-In-Wisconsin-Silence-Will-Not-Be-Tolerated>
      They're lucky they weren't Black or Hispanic. Probably would have been clubbed or shot. We do live in a police state, if you don't agree I suggest you try getting out of line with those in power (republican, or democrat). From the looks of that group of Whites in the gallery, I think the police showed a lot of restrain. I woulld have tasered and maced them before all hell broke loose!

Comment

This artical just gives one the warm fuzzy feelings.

Opinion: New ID rules would threaten citizens' rights - CNN.com
        New ID rules would threaten citizens' rights

Buried in the comprehensive immigration reform legislation before the Senate are obscure provisions that impose on Americans expansive national identification systems, tied to electronic verification schemes. Under the guise of "reform," these trample fundamental rights and freedoms.

Requirements in Senate Bill 744 for mandatory worker IDs and electronic verification remove the right of citizens to take employment and "give" it back as a privilege only when proper proof is presented and the government agrees. Such systems are inimical to a free society and are costly to the economy and treasury.

Any citizen wanting to take a job would face the regulation that his or her digitized high-resolution passport or driver's license photo be collected and stored centrally in a Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Services database.

The pictures in the national database would then need to be matched against the job applicant's government-issued "enhanced" ID card, using a Homeland Security-mandated facial-recognition "photo tool." Only when those systems worked perfectly could the new hire take the job....

The digital ID requirements in S. 744 eliminate that fundamental right to take employment and transform it into a privilege. This constitutional guarantee could in effect be taken away by bureaucratic rules or deleted by a database mistake....

As philosopher John Locke, whose phrase "consent of the governed" animates the Declaration of Independence, once said, everybody "has a property in his own person." Who is a citizen is today determined by his or her American personhood. Under S. 744, that would no longer be true.

How will Congress vote on immigration? Instead, the determination of whether someone has a right to take a job would be made by two computer files: one in a Department of Homeland Security database and the other on a government-issued ID card. Identity and IDs become "property of the U.S. government."
        there is much more at the web site
        Last edited by BHD; 06-15-2013, 08:59 PM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD, the government ( republicans and democrats) allowed our country to be flooded by illegal immigrants for decades. Now that further immigration legislation is necessary (guess the laws on the books don't matter), I think they are building in some failsafe measures to ensure that legal Americans are taking available jobs. We need a driver's license to operate a motor vehicle, fishing license to fish, electronic verification to gain employment, and in some states no i.d. to vote. Maybe in my lifetime I will see some science fiction horror screen plays become reality as citizens are implanted with electronic i.d. and some kind of device to make them complient with those in charge.
          The state beaches are open to the public but it costs $20 to park a car, there is free acces to the ocean, but you must have a license to fish!
          Free is becoming too expensive!!! Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness seem to be ideals slowly slipping from our grasp.

Comment

Those that make their own water body need no stinkin license to fish.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
              Those that make their own water body need no stinkin license to fish.
              Let me guess, rough day in Springville?

Comment

Welcome to my world folks!

Everything you all in your twilight years are complaining about...I'm among the ones that has to actually deal with it!
                To suffer the crushing burdens of insurance premiums,
                the terrible pains of going to war just for the privilege of having a short paid vacation,
                having to sign one's life away to the government to have access to affordable education,
                To endure the daily humiliation called a daily wage because starting a business is too expensive.
                To sacrifice the chance to have a family just to have a roof and food to call our own.

On a personal level: Rule Ten in the "Good Book": Thou shall not covet.
                Yet, no where in that same book does it state that one's neighbors has to make that rule so hard to uphold! Every Goddamn morning on the way to work, I pass buy almost a hundred houses with cars in their driveways with the lights off, and at night I pass by the same houses with the same cars parked as if they never moved an inch the whole day with the televisions on!
                One of these days, I'm going to install a megaphone hooked up to my smartphone that blares, "GET TO WORK!" as I drive by!

George Carlin was right, "It's called the American Dream because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it!"

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                  Welcome to my world folks!

Everything you all in your twilight years are complaining about...I'm among the ones that has to actually deal with it!
                  To suffer the crushing burdens of insurance premiums,
                  the terrible pains of going to war just for the privilege of having a short paid vacation,
                  having to sign one's life away to the government to have access to affordable education,
                  To endure the daily humiliation called a daily wage because starting a business is too expensive.
                  To sacrifice the chance to have a family just to have a roof and food to call our own.

On a personal level: Rule Ten in the "Good Book": Thou shall not covet.
                  Yet, no where in that same book does it state that one's neighbors has to make that rule so hard to uphold! Every Goddamn morning on the way to work, I pass buy almost a hundred houses with cars in their driveways with the lights off, and at night I pass by the same houses with the same cars parked as if they never moved an inch the whole day with the televisions on!
                  One of these days, I'm going to install a megaphone hooked up to my smartphone that blares, "GET TO WORK!" as I drive by!

George Carlin was right, "It's called the American Dream because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it!"
                  Your Rule ten in the "Good Book" sounds interesting and a word I have not come across for many years COVET to crave to envy those lucky retired people still in bed as you make the hard slog to work in the dark and knowing that you will have to do it for many years to come as the government up`s the retiremnet age and by that time you will be dead

Tony

Comment

Pretty much already here depending on what industry you work in.

Anybody have a TWIC card?

Can't get a job without it in many places around here.

Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC®) | Transportation Security Administration
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X