X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help.........

I've already applied 2 heavy applications of bug/grub killer with no results. Also just went out with a shovel and dug up two locations, didn't see any critters.

This line has been there for 3 years now and it keeps getting longer every year.

Any suggestions ? Am I being visited by some unknown beings ???

Re: Help.........

If I'm looking at the right thing, the grass actually looks a bit darker? Have you had the soil tested? Does not look burnt from over fertilized, or burnt from animal urine. Take a close up picture. Grubs should have disturbed a greater area, not a line.

Comment

Could it be a different type of grass that is slowly spreading? Almost looks nice and dark like Kentucky blue grass???

Comment

Looked at it again... definitely Aliens... lol

Comment

look for a fault in your septic system
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I hate grass you have to mowe it

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              Could it be a different type of grass that is slowly spreading? Almost looks nice and dark like Kentucky blue grass???

Yes it's darker but also with some dead/dying grass mixed in. It also has a slower growth rate. The line almost doubled in length this year.

Comment

The septic system idea was good, but I think the grass would not only be greener but also grow faster. A soil sample might give some answers. Did you reseed with a drop spreader? Drive any lawn machines across that area with fertilizer?

Comment

I still think its Aliens... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                    I still think its Aliens... lol
                    Nah, I have aliens, not aliens. If it was illegal aliens the lawn would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Nah, I have aliens, not aliens. If it was illegal aliens the lawn would be perfect
                      Rolmfao!! :d

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        The septic system idea was good, but I think the grass would not only be greener but also grow faster. A soil sample might give some answers. Did you reseed with a drop spreader? Drive any lawn machines across that area with fertilizer?

I'm on city sewer that runs out front. I haven't reseeded the area but it has been fertilized several times since it first appeared.

I've posted this on a lawn forum will see if I get any results..........

Comment

I didnt see that it runs completely to the trees in that other picture. How about an animal burrow coming from the direction of those trees?

If you dig down into the green area for a foot or so does the soil composition change?
                          ~~

Comment

I am thinking along the same line as Punky, some critter has made a home in your yard. Any signs of a burrow anywhere around those trees.

I see you have farm fields at your back too. The neighbors are normally quiet but sometimes very dusty.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              I am thinking along the same line as Punky, some critter has made a home in your yard. Any signs of a burrow anywhere around those trees.

I see you have farm fields at your back too. The neighbors are normally quiet but sometimes very dusty.
                              Farm fields! Look for tile line terminations or places where fertilizers have easy access to your yard (shallow swales that allow drainage, e.g)
                              ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X