Strange Coincidence? Maybe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Coincidence? Maybe

When I worked as a telephone lineman I cut a lot of rope and always carried a good knife, and shears. I had this one knife I really like, a Rigid RG21 made in Japan. Surgical steel, solid build and a look about it that I thought was perfection. Well I lost it after a couple of weeks and when I got around to ordering another one, they were no longer available. I searched the web from time to time and when I finally saw one it was just too much money. Fast forward to yesterday, I invited two old buddies to lunch at my house. These guys had been good friends but had a falling out five or so years ago. They wanted to bury the hatchet and agreed to the get together. The weathermen predicted a real bad storm so one of them had to cancel. I was happy to see my other buddy and he was disappointed our other friend could not come. He said he had brought him a peace offering and showed me... the Rigid 21 brand new in the box!!! When I spoke to our friend later in the afternoon I told him about the knife and he said keep it. Coincidence? I don't know, what are the chances? So, what about you, any coincidences that seem really strange?
    Attached Files

Re: Strange Coincidence? Maybe

Looks very similar to the classic Buck folding hunter (#110 I think).

My FIL gave me one when I started my apprenticeship.

he said "A fitter needs a good knife, this one will last you forever if you don't abuse it."

I still have it. don't carry it every day as I used to, 9/11 has changed that for me, and I
    am not in the field working with the tools any more either so don't really have a need.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
    X