X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit coffee ,cold turkey

My blood pressure is too hi ,So 4 days ago I quit. I have 3 cups of tea a day now. A couple of months ago i was doing 10 cups a day for Years. Cut to Seven cups, then 0 . The withdrawal is making zoo tired ! Any one else experience this ? . I stopped drinking 29 Years ago the same way, cold Turkey. No AA. It's a good life, with an Awesome Wife !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Quit coffee ,cold turkey

interesting fact: tea has more caffeine than coffee per dry weight but because less tea is used to brew your drink the caffeine amount per drink is less for tea.

What kind of tea are you drinking? I dropped coffee for almost two years and switched to lemon tea. But since then I've fallen off the wagon and I'm back on the coffee again :/ I blame it on my Kureg Coffee maker... it's just so easy to use. :/

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you quit coffee [good coffee]

it has anti-oxidants, and some studies have proved it slows Alzheimer's
      it also keeps you regular but I forget the other positive aspects of good coffee.

never complain about the coffee ...someday you too will be old and weak!

to eliminate caffeine you'll need to stop taking:

cola soda, mountain dew, assorted headache drugs, cold medicine, chocolate, energy drinks,
      some processed bakery goods, candy, honey cake, a lot of teas unless you're only drinking decaffeinated teas.

Many herbal teas still have caffeine too.

Cactus Man

Comment

De-caf coffee... What's the point?
        Make mine Irish, laddie!

Comment

I've always been told that going cold turkey on anything is bad for your health.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanofsteel View Post
            interesting fact: tea has more caffeine than coffee per dry weight but because less tea is used to brew your drink the caffeine amount per drink is less for tea.

What kind of tea are you drinking? I dropped coffee for almost two years and switched to lemon tea. But since then I've fallen off the wagon and I'm back on the coffee again :/ I blame it on my Kureg Coffee maker... it's just so easy to use. :/
            Earl grey by day one decaf tea in evening
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Good for you, and your "Awesome Wife!". I never drank nearly as much coffee per day as yourself but with high blood pressure I did cut back to one cup a day and tea at night. Like someone else mentioned there is hidden caffeine is many other foods, and over the counter drugs. I went for a physical today and was told my blood pressure is okay (I take exforge) cholestersol not bad, and blood sugar on the border. I know I need to eat less junk, less food in general. I do make better choices but it's a slower transition than cold turkey. The rewards are a longer and healthier life, so keep up the good work and enjoy life! Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                De-caf coffee... What's the point?
                There's a time and place for decaf coffee.
                Never, and down the drain.
                "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

You Can Take My Coffee When You Pry It From My Cold Dead Hands!!!!!!

"cola soda, mountain dew, assorted headache drugs, cold medicine, chocolate, energy drinks,
                  some processed bakery goods, candy, honey cake, a lot of teas unless you're only drinking decaffeinated teas." The docs already told me to give up all those things so my coffee is staying.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

For the record ...

cold turkey is only good on white bread with lettuce, tomato, and mayo

Cactus Man

Comment

Just read this coffee 100 mg Caffeine , Black tea 60 Mg. , Green tea 30 mg. Herbal 0 mg. Having Herbal now. And off to watch Deadliest Catch !

Comment

This page is pretty comprehensive:

How Much Caffeine is in Coffee, Tea, Cola & Other Drinks - Caffeine Contents for Drinks
                        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Never had coffee, tea once a month or so at a chineese restaurant. No alcohol.

Even went to sugar free soda about 6 months ago.

Not too many milk shakes anymore

Rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            Never had coffee, tea once a month or so at a chineese restaurant. No alcohol.

Even went to sugar free soda about 6 months ago.

Not too many milk shakes anymore

Rick.
                            Did you buy your coffin, too? Sounds to me like it is hardly worth living.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                              Did you buy your coffin, too? Sounds to me like it is hardly worth living.
                              Ricks still in the 3 rd inning, and at bat. We're at the top of the 9 th with 2 STRIKES. Myself ,I'm thinking of BUNTING !

Comment

Working...
                              X