X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4.8 or 6.0...?

ThanX for all the replies Looks like everyone here would go with the 6.0 1 ton. Why not it's my money, lol !!!

After reading numerous forum posts all around the web I just ordered the 3/4 ton with the 4.8. It has a 3.42 axle and a 6 speed trany so I'm hoping things shouldn't be that bad.

I'll let you know if it was a wise decision in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      For some silly reason the 5.3 is only available on the all wheel drive 1500. There will never be a jap vehicle parked in my garage.
      Im a Ford guy when it comes to my truck, but I will stand up for Nissan here. Ive got a 04 Nissan Xterra with 125,000 on it. My wife just returned a 2010 Altima at lease end and got a 2013 Rouge in its place.

All the nissans have been great. Oil, air filters, brakes and tires are what ive replaced on them. I bet the NV van would be a great work truck for the right person, I just like having 4wd. If its reliable, operating costs

are reasonable and it makes me money, I really dont care where its made.
      26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
        Im a Ford guy when it comes to my truck, but I will stand up for Nissan here. Ive got a 04 Nissan Xterra with 125,000 on it. My wife just returned a 2010 Altima at lease end and got a 2013 Rouge in its place.

All the nissans have been great. Oil, air filters, brakes and tires are what ive replaced on them. I bet the NV van would be a great work truck for the right person, I just like having 4wd. If its reliable, operating costs

are reasonable and it makes me money, I really dont care where its made.

Too bad you and others feel that way

I have nothing against Ford, I like their trucks and several of their cars just not their cargo vans. Especially the Ford extended vans, they put the extra length south of the axle where GM has an extended wheel base.

Comment

In regards to the original question I would go with the 6.0 it has rave reviews as a motor and you can have more and don't use it but when you need it and don't have it .... you don't have it.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Too bad you and others feel that way

I have nothing against Ford, I like their trucks and several of their cars just not their cargo vans. Especially the Ford extended vans, they put the extra length south of the axle where GM has an extended wheel base.
            That could be good or bad, depending on your driving conditions. Longer wheelbase can make it tougher to get around in tight quarters. If you were in Annapolis, MD say or some other city with old, tight streets you would be wishing for that short wheelbase.

The down side is that the rears swings out when you trun so have to be mindful of that.

Maybe a slide axle like on fifth wheel trailers, best of both worlds.

My F-350 diesel with 25k miles is getting 19 mpg since new, but it lightly loaded and i pull a trailer only about 10% of the time. with the trailer and a load (combined ~8000#) I get about 16. Remember its pretty flat around here, the highest elevation is ~210 ASL in the lower half of the state.

On this last oil change 18.5
            Attachment
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bob D.; 07-03-2013, 04:43 PM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

ThanX for all the replies Looks like everyone here would go with the 6.0 1 ton. Why not it's my money, lol !!!

After reading numerous forum posts all around the web I just ordered the 3/4 ton with the 4.8. It has a 3.42 axle and a 6 speed trany so I'm hoping things shouldn't be that bad.

I'll let you know if it was a wise decision in a few months.

Good luck with it, can't have you saying K-Sissy no more since your going to be driving a sissy small block now....should have got the 6.0
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                Good luck with it, can't have you saying K-Sissy no more since your going to be driving a sissy small block now....should have got the 6.0

Comment

The Ford econovan is dead after this year anyway. Its replaced by the full size transit, and from what I've read it should be a good contender against the sprinter and new dodge Van

Comment

It just came in today. Gets lettered Thursday. I should have the racks all in place by this weekend ready to hit the streets next week

Comment

With all this 100 degree heat and all my fresh drain juice I've ALMOST got rid of that terrible new vehicle smell

Comment

Working...
                      X