Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Goals

Since this past Saturday, I have hit 3 milestone goals:

1. Saturday, 7/13/13. I speed walked my first 5K. Two of my great girlfriends did it with me. In 2010, Elyria Police Officer James Kerstetter was shot in the line of duty. This is his honorary run every year. This was an honor to do this for his foundation. Here are a few photos of the event:

Attachment
    The three of us. We were able to get someone to take this pic of us.

Attachment
    The American Flag flying high and proud above the start/finish line.

Attachment
    I was #182!

2. Sunday, 7/14/13. This day is my 5-year anniversary with Ridge Tool Company. I've been with the TOOL for 5 YEARS! Whoo Hoo!

3. Tuesday, 7/16/13. I got back on the wagon and did 3.4 miles speed walking this morning BEFORE work. I speed walked the distance with 15 minute miles (mile 1 = 14:59, mile 2 = 15:04; mile 3 = 15:18). I averaged 15:15 each mile and walked an average of 3.9 mph (at a WALK).

And it's only TUESDAY! What's next on the hit parade?

Love to all!
    Cathy
    Attached Files

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Re: 3 Goals

Woderful post. Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle!
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks much! It's takes MUCH work and MUCH patience. I'm working through my journey one day at a time.

Cathy

Comment

you can out walk me, I can still walk but I do it more out of necessity not desire, usually when some thing breaks down (and the rule if it is going to break down it has to be with in 100 yards of the furthest point your working at), I usually walk a lot fixing or building fences, and there is plenty of them to fix around here,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I can imagine the amount of walking you do to build and fix those fences.

So we're now camping for the summer. We were able to afford a new camper. The place has 2 lakes (75 acres) and, as you can probably imagine, I'm walking them. NO riding for me!

Today, I had the opportunity to walk each lake individually and map it out. The lake our camp site is on is 1.6 miles. The other, 2. Over the time it took me to map both, I walked almost 5 miles total. Not bad for having done that before noon. THEN, someone there sold us a paddle boat. Hubby and I paddled it from the one lake to the other. MORE exercise. It was nice!

Cathy
          8^ )

Comment

Working...
          X