Replacement gas cap source 591084001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement gas cap source 591084001

I am trying to find a replacement gas cap for my RD80770 pressure washer.
    The Ridgid part number is 591084001.

Ridgid no longer offers the part, and I can not find it in stock anywhere online.

Is there a cross-compatable cap that can be used from a different manufacturer??
    Any other sources.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

Re: Replacement gas cap source 591084001

Isn't that using a subaru engine?
    Ick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Honda GX390

Comment

That's even simpler to find. Any small engine shop, lawn mower shop will have a honda gas cap. Don't look for a ridgid part number, look for a honda part #. I know I have several for my honda engines.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          ... Don't look for a ridgid part number, look for a honda part #. I know I have several for my honda engines.
          Not in this case. It's not a Honda gas tank. It really is a Ridgid/TTI part. And it's listed as NLA, which makes no sense because it's the same cap that's used on all the RD8000 and RD6800 series generators.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

A quick look online using Rigid and the p/n shows replacement gas caps for those two generators as also n/a.

Doing a search with just the P/N it appears as a Homelite number for a gas cap so maybe a Homelite dealer would have some in stock. At least one supplier on line says they have some.
            Last edited by mbhydro; 07-29-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

What dealer do you see that says they have them in stock??
              Link??

Thanks

Comment

mbhydro...
                What dealer do you see that says they have them in stock??
                Link??

Thanks

Comment

http://www.edgeandengine.com/store/hom-591084001.html

Web page says ships in 5 - 10 days so I hope that they have them in stock and have not forgotten to update the item status if they are sold out.

Hope you can get one.

Comment

Thanks.
                    I''ll check it out.

Comment

"Not available" through edgeandengine.

I called Ridgid directly and was told that the part was discontinued, and that basically I was S.O.L.
                      I found that strange because it is the same cap used on their 6800 gen that is still available for sale on their website and my local HD.
                      After contemplating, and deciding against swiping one from a HD display model (Very tempting....but only a last resort....) I again tried to speak to someone else at Ridgid regarding this.
                      I got through to someone in their "shop" that let me know that a Homelite/Ryobi cap was a suitable replacement, and can be ordered through Gardner Parts, which handles all their parts distribution.

Gas Cap 310720026
                      https://www.gardnerinc.com/consumers/

9 bucks plus shipping.

Hope this helps someone in the future....Thanks to all who helped out.

Comment

Why couldn't they just sell you the replacement from the 6800 generator?

The company, tti that makes those tools, also makes milwaukee, ryobi, homelite too. In fact yesterday while at home depot, the in store rep for tti, that always wears a milwaukee red shirt approached me while looking at a roybi cordless blower. Asked if I needed help. This was a new rep who was covering for the regular rep who knows me. After a couple minutes with the new guy, he know knows me

Why they only wear a milwaukee shirt, yet sell ridgid and ryobi too and drive a red milwukeee pickup has to be more to it.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X