X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Child Support

For a growing number, welfare has always been and will continue to be ransom.
    sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, without education, motivation and available jobs the system will probably go unchanged, but for how long? CWS mentioned the word "unsustainable", which I feel is applicable to many gov't entitlements, and facets of our economy. I won't ask when it all falls apart, how it happens and any of that. I think it is reasonable to project that with all the problems facing our economy, the time when things stop working and literally fall apart is inevitable. Low paying, part time jobs, the trade deficit, the trillions and growing debt, and the rest of it clearly point the direction we are headed, but there is no schedule, or time prediction of when. Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        What if they don't want to earn their keep? Are we going to let the children starve and go without medical help? Just cast them out behind the dumpster and hope they have the strength to crawl in and die? Everyone has all these grandiose ideas for making them responsible but the truth is they aren't, that's how a lot of them got where they are. You can take away whatever you want but in the end, the children pay and the parents wind up in jail and the taxpayer still pays. Understand that they issues cannot be solve with the wave of a pen. They are indemic, systemic and deeply rooted in a hundred years of governmental miscalculation and corporate greed.
        You may be right, but I have a hard time rewarding them for continuing to contribute to their problem by having even more kids they can' afford to provide for (and probably don't know how to care for) and I am forced to provide for through taxes. I don't know the answer, but its not just handing more money over to them, slapping their wrists, and saying "now don't do that again".
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Whatever you say man..you have to get under the law sooner or later..if you have knocked up someone..then you must pay for that.
          Monoprice Coupon Code

Comment

There are countless single unwed mothers raising multiple children, fathered by one or more men, who are never pursued for paternity tests and made to pay up. The taxpayers will continue to pay for this behavior unless and untill the system is changed to force birth contol, establish a national genetic database, require mandatory education which would lead to a job that paid a living wage. Unfortunately at this time and I predict going forward there does not seem to be enough of those jobs, and my other suggestions will most likely never come to pass. The system will remain the same until it can no longer be paid for and people riot and die. Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              There are countless single unwed mothers raising multiple children, fathered by one or more men, who are never pursued for paternity tests and made to pay up. The taxpayers will continue to pay for this behavior unless and untill the system is changed to force birth contol,(unconstitutional) establish a national genetic database,(unconstitutional) require mandatory education (unconstitutional)which would lead to a job that paid a living wage. Unfortunately at this time and I predict going forward there does not seem to be enough of those jobs, and my other suggestions will most likely never come to pass. The system will remain the same until it can no longer be paid for and people riot and die. Have a nice day.
              Now here's something a bit funny. Most of what you propose makes sense and would seem workable but......the constitution says otherwise, or at least has been interpreted thusly. It also seems like the things you propose are what is often put forth by the conservatives and tea party types but again, unconstitutional. So the very groups that are forever steadfastly defending the 2nd amendment are more than willing to amend the constitution just as long as it fits with their ideals and purposes. I'm looking for a word here. I think it starts with hyp
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Now here's something a bit funny. Most of what you propose makes sense and would seem workable but......the constitution says otherwise, or at least has been interpreted thusly. It also seems like the things you propose are what is often put forth by the conservatives and tea party types but again, unconstitutional. So the very groups that are forever steadfastly defending the 2nd amendment are more than willing to amend the constitution just as long as it fits with their ideals and purposes. I'm looking for a word here. I think it starts with hyp
                Nice try to label me a conservative, but once again you have failed poorly. Conservatives/republicans/people out of touch with reality similar to liberal/democrats are locked into their party's agenda and cannot form their own independent thoughts. The money is not there to keep paying these entitlements, in my opinion, and the system to get able bodied people off assistance does not exist. The jobs that pay a living wage do not exist, those people I speak of who have never been in the workplace probably don't have the education and skills necessary if the jobs were available. We are dealing with a swiss cheese entitlement system and economy.
                You can't pay a person minimum wage, part time hours and expect they will be capable of gassing up their car to commute if mass transit is not available, pay insurance and repairs on that car, buy food, clothing and housing.
                Conservatives, and liberals are hypocrits, choose your poison. I choose to form opinions that make sense to me, regardless of their constitutionality. My ideas willl never come to pass, they are too radical for either group to accept. A national genetic database would find those ghost fathers, and it would find the criminals, rapists, and murderers, but it would not be perfect, nothing is so it will not become reality.
                Let's all have a good laugh, the system to get able bodied people off assistance and productive does not exist and neither do the jobs. The technology to determine paternity exists, but will not be used. I doubt the Constitution was intended to sentence certain Americans to a life of human livestock, or to protect the identity of criminals and deadbeat dads.
                I believe when folks are incapable of forming their own opinions, and must follow like good little soldiers along their political party doctrines, they are like hamsters on a wheel that goes nowhere. The special interest groups who are represented by the republicans and democrats are not really getting a good deal, the best deal for themselves and their country. IF you are content to have more and more folks stuck on entitlments instead of being productive and living a full life, while another group becomes more wealthy and powerful, then stick with your one flavor party. The same behavior produces the same results, until those results become unsustainable.
                The path of our society and economy is on rails, with no forseeable alternate path. Defend the dysfunctional behavior of either party and you simple speed up the train wreck.
                NHM, I guess I am a hypocrit because I opposed former President Bush and voted for President Obama, and then I spoke out against President Obama and voted republican. I will accept the label of hypocrit with pride because in my opinion there are much worse things to call someone who continues to back a failed President and political party.

Comment

It was not my intention to insult you by pinning the conservative, regressive label on you. The post was pointing out the hypocrisy of the regressive party and yes, the progressives have much to answer for also however, I greatly prefer a party that is at least trying to do something over a party who's agenda for the past 6 years is to throw a wrench into anything and everything regardless of its merit. I'm sick of the crap. If the regressives really want to get back In The game they need to quit complaining and put SOMETHING on the table.

The other thing I'm tired of is folks grandiose ideas for solving problems at the expense of the constitution. Those ideas may sound good but they are not based in reality and therefore have no place in the discussion. For better or worse we are America and America is different from the rest of the world because our constitution makes us that way. If you can't operate within its boundaries then you are living in the wrong country.

All of our problems would go away under a dictator.
                  Last edited by NHMaster3015; 08-13-2013, 12:29 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Before birth control, women didn't fool around as much because if they got knocked-up, they were outcast as a whore. Their lives were practically ruined and they usually were run out of town and relied on charity to survive.

After birth control it became socially acceptable to be a whore. Single parents are now celebrated as a good thing. I understand the position some are in, but it is a terrible thing for a kid growing up to only one parent. One needs to think long and hard before "Hooking up" ...Aside from the fact I don't want to pay for whores actions.
                    Last edited by johncameron; 08-13-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Re: Child Support

Hell, being a whore is celebrated in society now. Evn the Disney channel wholly supports young girls dressing, talking and acting like trollups
                      sigpic

Comment

NHM, no insult taken. I believe we are all on the losing side regardless of party affiliation. You are right about the republicans lacking any alterantive plans to address our many unresolvable problems, however to think the democrats are really trying to do something sustainable reminds me of saccharin and coffee cake.
                        When I was a little boy 55 years ago my mother and grandmother would buy a big coffee cake from the bakery. They were diet conscious and to save calories they would replace the sugar in their coffee with a tiny saccharin tablet. They were determined to cut those harmful sugar calories with that tiny tablet, however they would proceed to eat the entire coffee cake! Point of the story is, don't kid yourself into believing any headway is being made if your efforts are fraught with serious flaws. The democrats are just bankrupting the nation, burdening the middle class, and encouraging more dependency on entitlements rather than implimenting meaningful long term solutions.
                        I repeat both political parties stink and neither is truly for the people. The conclusion remains doom and gloom in the absense of both groups working for the good of the country.
                        I wanted to add in getting back to the manufacturing issue, we cannot turn our economy around with manufacturing almost everything we consume. Those who insist robotics have replaced unskilled factory workers are missing several important facts, firstly, there is still a lot of manpower required to maintain the most automated facility, secondly, the country that manufactures and markets to the world reaps the profits. We are a dead society and cannot profit from consumption alone. Second, or third in exports, or manufacturing is dead last in global survival. I know nothing will change, just giving my opinions based on observations.

Comment

Eleven pages on this topic already. Yet, this issue has a simple three word solution:

Don't have sex.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                            Eleven pages on this topic already. Yet, this issue has a simple three word solution:

Don't have sex.
                            TG, a solution is only something that can be applied in order to work. If you are addressing the old married guys here, trust me the message has already been heard loud and clear

Comment

I'm with Tailgunner--"Don't have sex". After all, all it takes is will power--and believe me, my wife has plenty of it !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X