Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Child Support

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Ok Frankie, lets take what you said at face value. So "some" get housing, WIC, and welfare but, what would iT cost them to put the kid in daycare and go to work? The sad truth is that for the unskilled, the job at Walmart ain't gonna cut it. In fact, most times they just can't afford to get a job. As for the Obama phone, what a crock of crap. That program was started by the republicans under BUSH, not Obama, and the so called abuses of it are few and far between. That whole story is just more typical regressive half truths and lies.
    The SAME it costs me. I am also a single father.
    That's right, she couldn't hack it. I don't milk the system at all. Never ask her for a penny. God forbid any women be asked to pay the same bills a guy does right?
    But if the tables were turned you can guarantee I would be footing the bill for her bad parenting.

And unskilled? EVERY woman has the same chances that men do this day and age and most have it easier by far than a man. Sure she can't turn wrenches, but there are other more lucrative jobs women can do than being a plumber. Like, living off the state!

I find it funny that you guys think you are stalwart stones and can turn down any piece, any time. You just didn't meet the wrong women like some of us did. Because I guarantee you there are women out there that could get you to cheat on your wife in a heartbeat, so don't try to be all self righteous. You are guys just like me.

But the point is still being missed, this isn't nescessarily a vent, it's a question, and as I can see most of you are just like the westboro forums. Closed minded. Oh man if it didn't happen your way it's wrong and damn you to hell. You are stupid in a sense that you pass judgement on anyone that doesn't do it like you.

There are hundreds upon thousands of women that straight abuse this, and the lack of compassion and understanding from guys astonshes me. Your sons and brothers may get stuck in this situation one day and I guarantee you will see it differently. Sure it doesn't affect you now, but if the current trend continues someone in your life will be negatively affected by this scam. Hopefully you that seem to think this isn't a downright plague upon men.

I mean I know it is asking a lot for someone to desire custody of their child over the other parent be able to do it, but it just seems logical. If you require state assistance and child support to raise a kid, then you are a unfit parent. YOU CAN'T DO IT. Apparently. Take away the gravy train called dhs and our population would dwindle, and rightfully so.

Comment

One talent we all have in common - our ability to look at others from a distance and decide we know their position.

I see a lot of male perspectives on the woman's position here. (bothers me equally when women do it)

What I do know, if I'd done my apprenticeship while having to drop a child off each day, to/from work, the added money to feed, house & clothe, and not being able to take on overtime (the only bonus for an apprentice), I could not have gotten my license.

I saw this happen to my sister, she tried staying in college and only made it two semesters for lack of anyone to sit while at class after work, atop the financially daunting aspects.

Putting aside the perceived motive of a given mother-to-be, I see no mention of the sacrifices a single parent makes.

Last edited by DuckButter; 08-08-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
        The SAME it costs me. I am also a single father.
        That's right, she couldn't hack it. I don't milk the system at all. Never ask her for a penny. God forbid any women be asked to pay the same bills a guy does right? ....
        You do realize you can take her to task for payments, right?

Comment

I find it funny that you guys think you are stalwart stones and can turn down any piece, any time. You just didn't meet the wrong women like some of us did. Because I guarantee you there are women out there that could get you to cheat on your wife in a heartbeat, so don't try to be all self righteous. You are guys just like me. ...
          It took me a year of getting to know my wife before I asked her on a date, We'll have 6 years in a few weeks, some of the older members here might recall.

You assume, incorrectly, that no man can "turn down any piece, any time", or at the least, keep a trusty trojan in the wallet.

Comment

I find it funny that you guys think you are stalwart stones and can turn down any piece, any time. You just didn't meet the wrong women like some of us did. Because I guarantee you there are women out there that could get you to cheat on your wife in a heartbeat, so don't try to be all self righteous. You are guys just like me.

ut the point is still being missed, this isn't nescessarily a vent, it's a question, and as I can see most of you are just like the westboro forums. Closed minded. Oh man if it didn't happen your way it's wrong and damn you to hell. You are stupid in a sense that you pass judgement on anyone that doesn't do it like you.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              It took me a year of getting to know my wife before I asked her on a date, We'll have 6 years in a few weeks, some of the older members here might recall.

You assume, incorrectly, that no man can "turn down any piece, any time", or at the least, keep a trusty trojan in the wallet.

Funny. I actually had a conversation with a 60 year old man the other day, long story short I said, after 20 years together, you can't for certain with 100% certainty say you would never cheat on her?

His response?

No, I am a man and put in certain situations with the right (wrong?) woman anything is possible.

A mans biggest drive in his life is to recreate. It is what we were made to do. So to say that if the most gorgeous woman in the world got you a little drunk and your wife would never find out, you saying you would turn away is BS. Sorry but it is. Every guy is susceptible to this, because we naturally think with the wrong head.

And keeping a condom in your wallet is a extremly bad idea.
              If you are married, why are you carrying condoms around in your wallet?

Comment

"But the point is still being missed, this isn't nescessarily a vent, it's a question, and as I can see most of you are just like the westboro forums. Closed minded. Oh man if it didn't happen your way it's wrong and damn you to hell. You are stupid in a sense that you pass judgement on anyone that doesn't do it like you." Quote, Stolen

Stolen you just made a mortal mistake, you asked a question! Please don't make a habit of this, the group will have a meltdown.
                I took a lot of crap here when I questioned the bush administration and supported obama for President. Now that I challenge the obama administration and question how our economy can possibly turn around, the usual suspects resort to insults and name calling again.
                Ignore the small minded haters that turn a blind eye to the reality of the system. They don't have a clue how it all works. This issue is huge, far beyond one man and one lazy, lowlife woman playing the system. Stolen you are expecting compassion from folks who never had debt, never drove under the influence, never had unprotected, casual sex, never made a bad judgement call. I have the utmost respect for single parents who do right by their children, that is not what we have been discussing. When I was a kid living with my parents in apartment buildings in The Bronx, landlords would purposely move welfare moms, prostitutes and other fine upstanding folks into vacant apartments in an effort to clear out the building of residents unwilling to move. This was a common practice and it worked very well. You can't get up for work when you can't sleep due to the nonstop loud music, screaming, gunshots. I know the difference between hard working single parents and lowlifes. I don't need to ask this question to the rest of the Forum, I know the answer by the responses.

Comment

It all comes down to education. The teenage birth rate is considerably higher for those coming from a single parent home, homes where neither parent went past 12 grade and of course worse for homes where both parents are high school drop outs but lets blame those liberals for welfare. But those pesky conservatives don't like abortion and a few of them are even opposed to contraception. And lets not forget their stand on the minimum wage and cutting student loan programs and cutting funding for public education (everyone should get vouchers for charter schools) while we're at it how about their endorsement of Walmart, the largest employer of welfare recipients. You can't blame the father or the mother because both of them are a product of their environment. It's like beating the dog for eating your sandwich.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS20301.pdf
                  sigpic

Comment

Funny. I actually had a conversation with a 60 year old man the other day, long story short I said, after 20 years together, you can't for certain with 100% certainty say you would never cheat on her?

His response?

No, I am a man and put in certain situations with the right (wrong?) woman anything is possible.

A mans biggest drive in his life is to recreate. It is what we were made to do. So to say that if the most gorgeous woman in the world got you a little drunk and your wife would never find out, you saying you would turn away is BS. Sorry but it is. Every guy is susceptible to this, because we naturally think with the wrong head.

And keeping a condom in your wallet is a extremly bad idea.
                    If you are married, why are you carrying condoms around in your wallet?
                    You must keep a condom in your wallet in case you have to keep your matches dry, everyone knows that. I would like to think I will always do the right thing, never be unfaithful, never lash out in a rage of violence and kill someone, never drive impaired, never, never, never. In reality never happens quite a bit, to a lot of people. I hold myself to a high standard, I don't want to be that guy, that sterotype, but I know there are no guarantees, life is not entirely predictable.

Comment

I make no claims of perfection and thank God I haven't had to pay for every mistake I've made. I don't claim to be better than anyone else. Without condemning those that have made poor choices I will emphatically state that I am not an animal guided only by my lust for power, companionship, or anything flashy for the moment. I make choices and live with consequences. I dated for 3 years and have been married monogamously for 24 years. My groin may have a mind of it's own but it doesn't call the shots.

If you buy the argument that "you can't help it" you chose your path.

Comment

A mans biggest drive in his life is to recreate. ....
                        ("procreate" was the word)

My head turns all the time, in fact, my wife gives me the occasional elbow in the car...I tell her I was "admiring her hair style".

She also claims she'd leave me for Brad Pitt, but we both know neither of us would EVER actually act, that's what separates us from dogs.

I suspect you're attempting to normalize your own behavior or thinking, looking to get some of us to chime and sign off on something that, maybe, is bothering you, I don't know, it's not my business.

Your sweeping description of "all men", that we're all impulse driven dogs, incapable of physical constraint, living minute to minute in search of the next hoodsie to hump, is wrong, but define yourself as you wish.

I can't speak for you, but my life has more meaning than that, my wife knows that about me.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          If you buy the argument that "you can't help it" you chose your path.
                          Indeed.

Comment

The characteristics of the "lady" involved in this or any theoretical scenario aren't that critical to answer the question I think originally posed so:

In general, are men treated fairly and equally by the court systems in custody situations?

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                              The characteristics of the "lady" involved in this or any theoretical scenario aren't that critical to answer the question I think originally posed so:

In general, are men treated fairly and equally by the court systems in custody situations?
                              In theory: Yes.
                              In practice: No.

All a woman has to do to win is slap herself in the face a few times and literally cry to the police. You watch how fast the police arrest the husband, and reflect poorly in the court.

Comment

We have deviated from the thread, but since we are focused on remaining faithful in marriage here are my thoughts. I have been married over thirty years and never strayed although I had several close calls. I had a very attractive married lady at the gym years ago suggesting friends with benefits, a frustrated married neighbor who wanted me to swim in her pool, another married neighbor whose husband was not affectionate. The list goes on a bit, and I expect there will always be some sort of opportunity. While I have remained faithful, the same cannot be said for neighbors, friends and relatives. I don't know if it's something in our CT water but these people cheat with women who live on the same block. I know the divorce rate is over fifty percent, which means we are in the minority. I am friendly with a couple ladies who are divorced and they talk about their ex's and the men they date. These women are past the age of getting pregnant but I don't know about the women their ex's are dating? From what I gather there are a lot of people who are on these dating sies and having very frequent, very casual, very unprotected sex. I am amazed at the number of women who I thought were mature and intelligent moms raising teenage children, but having unprotected sex with men they don't know very well. What many guys here, including myself may believe is reasonably acceptable and responsible sexual behavior is any but out in the real world. I trust as truthful the feedback I get from folks who are single and active including "stolen".
                                To answer Bob's question, while we would like to think there is equal treatment I don't beleive that's the case. I know for a fact that divorce attorneys suggest some very underhanded techniques to their clients to ensure they get custody. I have not done an Internet search, but I'm willing to bet there is plenty of information out there on how to win at divorce and win custody. There is no fairness, no doing what's right for both parents or the children involved, it's a tragic mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X