Child Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Child Support

Franki, this plague has spread across western society as a whole. England and Canada both have skewed divorce court dealings. One infamous case in Toronto where a woman cheated on her husband, gotten pregnant, but the husband thought it was his until a few years later when the child stopped looking having any resemblance. So the husband gets a paternity test and sure enough the kid isn't his, and thus files for divorce.
    Now get this. The Court acknowledged the child isn't his, yet due to "taking on a fatherly role" for so many years, he is forced to pay child support anyway. To make this story's ending even more "jolly". The woman moved in with the man that made her pregnant, but never married, so she can continue to collect the payments.

Not a bad world we live in, commit adultery, get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
      Franki, this plague has spread across western society as a whole. England and Canada both have skewed divorce court dealings. One infamous case in Toronto where a woman cheated on her husband, gotten pregnant, but the husband thought it was his until a few years later when the child stopped looking having any resemblance. So the husband gets a paternity test and sure enough the kid isn't his, and thus files for divorce.
      Now get this. The Court acknowledged the child isn't his, yet due to "taking on a fatherly role" for so many years, he is forced to pay child support anyway. To make this story's ending even more "jolly". The woman moved in with the man that made her pregnant, but never married, so she can continue to collect the payments.

Would like to read for myself, got a link?

Comment

Here is one link but there are many. Seems courts are not looking back to old cases! Probably hundreds if not thousands of such cases. Innocent men are the victims of promiscuous, lying, women!
        http://www.khou.com/news/Houston-man...124472429.html

You gotta read this one. Sperm donor ordered to pay child support after lesbian couple goes on welfare!
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hts-child.html

Another sad story. DB, I didn't mind doing the leg work, next time it's your turn.
        http://viduki.com/video/6267/Tenness...not_the_father

Is this the one?
        http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/06...is-court-rules

Or is this the one?
        http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2009...s_not_his.html
        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 08-09-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Come on DB, I posted five outrageous links, take your pick. Maybe you need to do your own search if you don't trust my results?
            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 08-09-2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Comment

I once saw fire come from a group of womens' eyes from a suggestion I made about child support:

1) A set amount is to be decided for what a child "needs".

2) All monies go into a joint checking account. Accessible by both people equally. BOTH are required to pay x percentage into the account to arrive at the amount.
                Example: A determination of $900.00/month is needed. The mother makes $2,000.00/month and the father makes $1,000.00/month (Argh! MATH!)-Then they would both put 30% of their income into the account to meet the requirement. She would pay $600.00, he would pay $300.00.

3) All expenditures for the child from the account are recorded. (easily done now)

4) All the records are to be reviewed every month by a non-biased (hopefully) official.

5) Upon review of what is spent and needed, NOT what is earned by either "parent", the amounts may be adjusted for both parties. Each person's payments may go up or down into the account based on need. The official is the deciding party in what is needed.

This is how I remember quickly representing this suggestion. These women went a little bonkers at it though. (1 single, 1 divorced, two married)

I didn't think the suggestions were that bad. We were having a conversation about a better way to handle child support.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I have a son who got a divorced after 15-years of marriage. They have been divorced for 5-years but we still consider our ex-daughter in law our daughter. When they were first divorced she moved back from Texas and lived with us for a year. He was ordered to pay $900 a month in child support. He works out of the Country 6-months per year or more and is not allowed off the base unless he is in a helicopter flying off-shore so he needs no money. He makes 6-figures a year after taxes and has his entire check direct deposited in his ex-wife's account. When he is home, she gives him an allowance out of his pay. A parents children are their first responsibility regardless of circumstances.

Mark
                  The last sentence is right on. The rest of the story is just nuts to me.

What I mean is that almost none of the details you mention are done. I challenge anyone to provide a similar story they have experienced or can actually Google out from billions of entries.

If everyone got along so well and was so forgiving, it makes zero sense to me why they just didn't stay married?

Comment

This may have been said previously but there are several factors that need to be considered.
                    1) The children need to be protected and kept out of the argument at every opportunity.
                    2) Unfortunately there will never be an impartial court or justice system. Like LAWYERS they only believe the best liar on the day
                    3) Unfortunately there will always be slugs on the social system. Down here they were giving what was known as a baby bonus, govt. paying you to have kids. Easiest way to know how many kids someone has is to ask how many tvs they have.
                    Then there is the woman in the social security(dole) office. Got ten kids playing up and being rowdy. Manager asks her to control them to which she screams at the top of her lungs, George. Manager is impressed and says:-
                    "excuse me madam, you only used one name".
                    "yes that's right they are all georges.
                    So how do you discipline them individually then????
                    Oh, I use their surname.......!!!

Comment

That thing should be ruled out for sure..
                      Monoprice Coupon Code

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                        Funny. I actually had a conversation with a 60 year old man the other day, long story short I said, after 20 years together, you can't for certain with 100% certainty say you would never cheat on her?

His response?

No, I am a man and put in certain situations with the right (wrong?) woman anything is possible.

A mans biggest drive in his life is to recreate. It is what we were made to do. So to say that if the most gorgeous woman in the world got you a little drunk and your wife would never find out, you saying you would turn away is BS. Sorry but it is. Every guy is susceptible to this, because we naturally think with the wrong head.

And keeping a condom in your wallet is a extremly bad idea.
                        If you are married, why are you carrying condoms around in your wallet?
                        I am a 60-year old man who has been married to my wife for 42-years, 8-months, 9-days and 22-hours give or take a few minutes. I can tell you with 100% certainty I would never cheat on her.

We all take different paths in life that makes us who we are. We all handle our responsibilities differently. If this random woman is as bad as you say, you need to man-up and take care of your child even if it takes a court battle. The child is the only victim in your question.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                          The last sentence is right on. The rest of the story is just nuts to me.

What I mean is that almost none of the details you mention are done. I challenge anyone to provide a similar story they have experienced or can actually Google out from billions of entries.

If everyone got along so well and was so forgiving, it makes zero sense to me why they just didn't stay married?
                          Let's just say my son has a hard time staying in one place too long. While in High School he had a job that allowed him to visit 30 or so countries. They got married right after basic training and he did three deployments in six years. When he got out he became a LEO. While a LEO he also owned a super cross team. He was gone every weekend following his team. When he got a job offer to fly out of Huston, they moved to Texas. Soon that job ended up in Louisiana and he was only home a couple of days a month. They ended up more like siblings that a married couple and she decided a divorce was the way. When she moved back here, our grandson was diagnosed Type 1, so he quit his job and moved back here. He did on call flying for a year or so but could not pay the bills. Now he works in Africa 28 on and 28 off with travel in between.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            CWS, the female has the responsibility of making the decision of wheter or not to use birth control and whether of not to abort or keep the baby. When the mother is not financially independent , and the father cannot be identified the responsibility rests with the taxpayers, and it's not just the financial responsibilty for the welfare of the child. The mother needs and gets free housing, healthcare, food, etc. The situation I mentioned of two or more children to an unwed mother on public assistance is both very common and very costly. The system does reward the mother with more assistance for every child. You are demonizing the irresponsible men and trying to make victims out of the free willed women in the equation. Do you see women as victims, as less intelligent than their male counterparts, less responsible for using birth control? I don't so, I place equal blame on both consenting parties. This is not a political issue, it is a quality of life issue. In my opinion.
                            You apparently didn't read my opening statement: "a girl getting herself pregnant is one thing, it can happen to the best of young girls in a moment of poor judgement, but I don't feel the government or anyone for that matter should continue to give her "a raise" for every kid she has after that. (And in the recent past, I've stated the details of that."

And, it seemed to me that you were trying to make it a political issue with your Obama comment and video link.

As I've stated a few times in the recent past, I definitely would not be increasing child support to a single mother who continued to have children... nor would I be increasing child support to anyone who was on welfare. In fact, I'd have a policy that clearly states that and I'd have reminders that a second child would cause a recipient to loose that child and would instigate and investigation as to whether the mother is responsible enough to keep any child. And yes, I know that is extremely harsh, but you and I are probably in complete agreement that we absolutely cannot have an ever-increasing "welfare" population where sex and birth is a path for more governmental support.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                              You apparently didn't read my opening statement: "a girl getting herself pregnant is one thing, it can happen to the best of young girls in a moment of poor judgement, but I don't feel the government or anyone for that matter should continue to give her "a raise" for every kid she has after that. (And in the recent past, I've stated the details of that."

And, it seemed to me that you were trying to make it a political issue with your Obama comment and video link.

As I've stated a few times in the recent past, I definitely would not be increasing child support to a single mother who continued to have children... nor would I be increasing child support to anyone who was on welfare. In fact, I'd have a policy that clearly states that and I'd have reminders that a second child would cause a recipient to loose that child and would instigate and investigation as to whether the mother is responsible enough to keep any child. And yes, I know that is extremely harsh, but you and I are probably in complete agreement that we absolutely cannot have an ever-increasing "welfare" population where sex and birth is a path for more governmental support.

CWS
                              Sounds good but such measures are and will most likely remain unconstitutional. Can't do sterilization, can't do forced abortion (wonder how the conservative right feels about that LOL). Can't force birth control either and if you did pass a law that says after one kid no more support what do you suppose those mothers would do? If you think they will suddenly slam their legs shut you are sadly mistaken. We have Frankie in multiple threads seeking answers and there aren't any. Well at least there aren't any that one, won't cost a whole lot of money and two won't violate the constitution and three won't require a major shift in society.
                              Last edited by NHMaster3015; 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

NHM, my point exactly. There are no workable answers, especially regarding a turnaround for the economy. I only asked so the folks who anticipate great things realize without workable solutions there won't be positive change.

Comment

Working...
                                X