X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah. The system's not corrupt.

Just another example of decades of back deals and corruption.

http://news.yahoo.com/private-lobbyi...140450550.html

Re: Nah. The system's not corrupt.

Bob, you have to look at this objectively. So these guys get a free car and $200k a year, it probably doesn't go very far if they have to pay for the gas. No, the system is not corrupt, it is severely dysfunctional ,and wasteful, and broken and, okay probably corrupt.
    I think it's unnecessary to give members of congress a free car, gas, etc, it distances them from our reality.

Comment

Got any ideas of how to stop this? A petition we can sign or something? I'm sick of being pissed off about stuff like this. What can we taxpayers do? Lets face it; writing or emailing your local rep or congressman is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by johncameron View Post
        Got any ideas of how to stop this? A petition we can sign or something? I'm sick of being pissed off about stuff like this. What can we taxpayers do? Lets face it; writing or emailing your local rep or congressman is a waste of time.
        I sometimes think the only way to really change it is for people to finally get pissed enough that they drag them out in the street in a riot. Like those countries they show us on world news where everyone goes "Those people are nuts..."

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          I sometimes think the only way to really change it is for people to finally get pissed enough that they drag them out in the street in a riot. Like those countries they show us on world news where everyone goes "Those people are nuts..."
          I want every government agency that is monitoring/spying on our every email, phone call and post, that I am not a part of this conversation to overthrow the government. I am very happy with all the waste, stealing and fraud you guys are a part of, please continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Bob, you have to look at this objectively. So these guys get a free car and $200k a year, it probably doesn't go very far if they have to pay for the gas. No, the system is not corrupt, it is severely dysfunctional ,and wasteful, and broken and, okay probably corrupt.
            I think it's unnecessary to give members of congress a free car, gas, etc, it distances them from our reality.
            This is not about MOC getting a car, it's about people who are not even part of government, elected or not, getting a government pension and health care ON YOUR DIME ! ! It's about lobbyist who are now entitled to it because the way the regs are written once you are in the state pension system you can't lose it, even if you shouldn't be receiving it to begin with.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              This is not about MOC getting a car, it's about people who are not even part of government, elected or not, getting a government pension and health care ON YOUR DIME ! ! It's about lobbyist who are now entitled to it because the way the regs are written once you are in the state pension system you can't lose it, even if you shouldn't be receiving it to begin with.
              Agreed, it is absurd! The practice of lobbyists is absurd! Legislators should be available in some manner, to individuals with a direct interest in a particular issue. When people are paid, and receive benefits to lobby I think it opens the door for all sorts of abuses.

Comment

Working...
              X