Syria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Syria

Why not blockade these nations, then drop huge weapons crates in the middle and when they convene on said weapons, detonate the weapons cache and take out thousands of these power hungry idiots on both sides? Or maybe let them get the weapons and just kill each other and we play border guard so none get out...

Comment

Excellent post NHM. I share your thoughts although I don't think I could have put it so well.

CWS

Comment

I disagree, the cost of getting involved both economically and in the loss of lives is just not worth it. (And rarely ever is)

In terms of our place as the leaders of the free world; Who said it is our job to be "the leaders of the world"? I don't think the lives of our solders should be based on ego or bravado.
        The role of the government is to protect our homeland, not to play foreign policy like a chess game.

Comment

We didn't do too well in Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq or Iran, yet we spend a billion dollars a day trying to do so. I am in favor or letting the world erupt and when it affects us, let's go down to the mat. War is all about money, someone is dying while some other parties are profiting during the turmoil. Whoever said war is hell, it wasn't from the profiteers.

Comment

If push comes to shove, we have no choice. History buffs will be able to draw the parallel between the events of today and the events that precipitated WWI
            sigpic

Comment

yes another worthless war

Comment

I hear that Obama is going to congress to get their OK to bomb Syria what`s his chances or is it a way out for openning his mouth

Tony

Comment

He will get authorization.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    He will get authorization.
                    IDK, public opinion on this is pretty heavily against this. A lot of reps will pay dearly if they vote for action. And either way, it won't bode well for POTUS, because his anti-war base will definitely not be happy, the blind sheep democrats will fall in line though, but most Republicans are going to oppose it out of spite or principal except for the war hawks like McCrap, I mean McCant, I mean McLoser... you get my point...

Comment

Public opinion has nothing to do with it. The public lacks the intel and is mostly ignorant of the ramifications either way
                      sigpic

Comment

I am very upset with McCain Yeah he's a war hero X-prisoner of war but in my
                        opinion he's played out that card a long time ago!

Today he's a dinosaur and a progressive to boot!

He has not listened to the folks in his voting district in years

Time for him and other dinosaur lifers to leave....he is impotent
                        and does not help anyone or anything! He has caused more problems than solutions!

Sadly I used to vote for him....not the last time but his war chest [pun intended] and
                        a poor challenger made him lock in yet another term!

Regarding Syria again...They called the white house and told them they still need more time
                        to relocate and hide their "stuff" in basements of apartment buildings, schools and
                        hospitals so when we do come to bomb [or as they say bombed]
                        they can show the world how evil we are destroying people's homes and hospitals.

We said "OK how about mid September we come by and drop some bombs ...say Sept 11?
                        is that good for you?"

If we telegraphed our strategy and gave time lines like this in WW2 we would not have won!

"Hey Hitler...we are planning a major attack at Normandy! get ready...for more details
                        tune into our radio news casts"

I still say stay out and let the bastards kill each other off both sides are terrorists and we will
                        lose helping either side!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post

and does not help anyone or anything! He has caused more problems than solutions!

Sadly I used to vote for him....not the last time but his war chest [pun intended] and

Regarding Syria again...They called the white house and told them they still need more time
                          to relocate and hide their "stuff" in basements of apartment buildings, schools and
                          they can show the world how evil we are destroying people's homes and hospitals.

We said "OK how about mid September we come by and drop some bombs ...say Sept 11?
                          is that good for you?"

If we telegraphed our strategy and gave time lines like this in WW2 we would not have won!

"Hey Hitler...we are planning a major attack at Normandy! get ready...for more details

I still say stay out and let the bastards kill each other off both sides are terrorists and we will

Cactus Man
                          See post #25

Put your hatred of Obama and the administration aside for a second and ask yourself if your feelings would be different if a "conservative" were president and made the same decisions. I'm guessing he'd get your full patriotic support.

Now, what is a progressive? I ask because I'm pretty sure the founding fathers were big old progressives by anyone's definition and the conservatives are forever dragging their bones from the grave in order to make their convoluted arguments. Every single advance of society, economy and progress in this country is thanks to the progressives. It's the regressives that have tried to keep us mired somewhere from 1920 to 1960 that have held us back. I hereby brand the conservatives as regressives because name calling seems to b a big part of their entire platform.
                          sigpic

Comment

How progressive of you.

I'm not sure why people think it's impossible to have a conservative set of values and still be aggressive in tackling issues.

Maybe because every freaking politician, regardless of flavor, is disingenuous in every possible sense of the word.

And as long as the counter argument for conservative is blathering idiot this country is at a stalemate.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post

is that good for you?"

Cactus Man
                              To be fair, Obama had the foresight to use a dry-erase marker while drawing his Red-Line.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Only fix seems to be to make the Middle East a sheet of glass. People don't have the stomach for that anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X