No announcement yet.

Since 1976 Not Much Has Changed Has It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since 1976 Not Much Has Changed Has It?

Since 1976 we've had six different Presidents, three Democrats and three Republicans. The combined results of those six Presidents and their corresponding Congress's would fit on a pinhead, maybe. 37 years later and this little ditty is still pretty much a statement of life in America........

================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Re: Since 1976 Not Much Has Changed Has It?

Excellent, sad, and makes me mad! I guess it's harmless for folks to call themselves liberal or conservative because in real life politics there is no resemblance to the text book definition. President Nixon took us off the gold standard, communist china has been buying up our debt for thrity or so years, and the list of blunders continues. How did these different administrations not realize millions of illegals, and the loss of American based businesses and American jobs would not eventually bite us in the butt? When does a light bulb go off in the right heads that there are not enough tax dollars to support all the entitlement spending and that folks need to work! Democrat or republican, liberal or conservative, neither has corrected the other, and here we are for the most part blissfully ignorant of the eventual outcome of unsustainable spending and a society that is for all intents and purposes dead! Nothing has, or will replace our years of positive growth through manufacturing and supplying the needs of the world. We need a service industry but we cannot survive as a service based economy, in my opinion. Yes, I'm mad as hell!, but I am powerless to change things when I must choose between the two political parties that got us here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I guess it's harmless for folks to call themselves liberal or conservative because in real life politics there is no resemblance to the text book definition.
      I think the reason this is true is because there is no such thing as integrity for lifelong politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
        I think the reason this is true is because there is no such thing as integrity for lifelong politicians.
        But there is profit from lobbyists, campaign contributors, contributions to their private charities! Clear thinking, reasonably intelligent people could have predicted how and why we got to this point. All of this could have been prevented if the priorites were the good of the people and country. America was and is for sale and we lost in the bargain!

Comment

The buying power of the dollar has weakened; Something that used to cost $5 now takes $25 to buy it.

Freedoms lost, NdAA, NSA, Homeland security, tsa, dept of homeland security. Sad that we are all paranoid to the point of being OK with it.

The media is now controlled by big money interests, instead of responsible journalism.

Debt and government waist now thru the roof.

Very few things manufactured in the USA anymore and the jobs are few and far between.

I think a lot has changed since our bicentennial year and not for the better.

Comment

Working...
          X