X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still Wear A Watch?

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    Grandpa! What is a watch?
    Someday Tailgunner, you're gonna be on this Forum posting about your iphone and some young guy is gonna say, "What's an Iphone Grandpa!". Please have a good laugh and think back to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Its been at least 10 years since i stopped wearing a watch. I got tired of taking it off every day going into work. I don't leave the house with any change either. 9/11 is the reason why. I have two very nice watches that get worn only occasionally now.

Years ago i had a timex calculator watch, i think it was anomg the first if not the first. It was back in 1991 i think.
      Had that watch for many years, and it was handy to have for quick calculations on the job.
      Why no change Bob?
      26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
        Why no change Bob?
        I toss all my change at the end of the day in a big jar. I save the money for a while, sometimes a year or more, then use it to buy a big ticket tool for the shop. It just makes me feel like those loose coins are going toward something useful. I dip intomit now and then for a handful of quarters for the car wash or something like that, but i pretty much save it all. When the jar is full i usually take it to the bank and dump it in the coinstar machine. The 'take' is usually in neighborhood of 150 to 200 dollars. But formthe past 3 years i have not cashed it in. I'm saving it toward a wide belt sander, at least that's what i have had my eye on. I figure i have about 750 right now, which is about 400 short but i haven't counted my last jar yet so maybe only need 200 more.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I toss all my change at the end of the day in a big jar. I save the money for a while, sometimes a year or more, then use it to buy a big ticket tool for the shop. It just makes me feel like those loose coins are going toward something useful. I dip intomit now and then for a handful of quarters for the car wash or something like that, but i pretty much save it all. When the jar is full i usually take it to the bank and dump it in the coinstar machine. The 'take' is usually in neighborhood of 150 to 200 dollars. But formthe past 3 years i have not cashed it in. I'm saving it toward a wide belt sander, at least that's what i have had my eye on. I figure i have about 750 right now, which is about 400 short but i haven't counted my last jar yet so maybe only need 200 more.
          +1 I do the same thing. My last "cash in" got me one of these, Mojack EZ. In the past I've purchased with my spare change, a RIDGID belt/spindle sander, RIDGID impact driver/drill driver combo, Freud fixed/plunge router combo, and some Jet parallel clamps.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

That Mojack looks like a good deal. I drop the mower deck to clean, sharpen, or change blades, etc, which is a pain on my mower. If i ever buy another it will have a drive over deck I think.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

That Mojack looks like a good deal. I drop the mower deck to clean, sharpen, or change blades, etc, which is a pain on my mower. If i ever buy another it will have a drive over deck I think.
              It is a good deal, the only regret I have is that I didn't buy one sooner. I'm even considering getting one of these. Anything that keeps me off my knees when working on something is a good deal in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                It is a good deal, the only regret I have is that I didn't buy one sooner. I'm even considering getting one of these. Anything that keeps me off my knees when working on something is a good deal in my book.
                C'mon BD, you know you are interested in the mechanic in pics 4 & 5

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                    Ya got me. I actually clicked on picture #4 and then copied the address hoping that's what would come up when the link was opened. But alas, and quite a lass she is, it didn't work out that way and you had to work a little bit in order to enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X