Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still Wear A Watch?

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    Grandpa! What is a watch?
    Someday Tailgunner, you're gonna be on this Forum posting about your iphone and some young guy is gonna say, "What's an Iphone Grandpa!". Please have a good laugh and think back to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Its been at least 10 years since i stopped wearing a watch. I got tired of taking it off every day going into work. I don't leave the house with any change either. 9/11 is the reason why. I have two very nice watches that get worn only occasionally now.

Years ago i had a timex calculator watch, i think it was anomg the first if not the first. It was back in 1991 i think.
      Had that watch for many years, and it was handy to have for quick calculations on the job.
      Why no change Bob?
      26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
        Why no change Bob?
        I toss all my change at the end of the day in a big jar. I save the money for a while, sometimes a year or more, then use it to buy a big ticket tool for the shop. It just makes me feel like those loose coins are going toward something useful. I dip intomit now and then for a handful of quarters for the car wash or something like that, but i pretty much save it all. When the jar is full i usually take it to the bank and dump it in the coinstar machine. The 'take' is usually in neighborhood of 150 to 200 dollars. But formthe past 3 years i have not cashed it in. I'm saving it toward a wide belt sander, at least that's what i have had my eye on. I figure i have about 750 right now, which is about 400 short but i haven't counted my last jar yet so maybe only need 200 more.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I toss all my change at the end of the day in a big jar. I save the money for a while, sometimes a year or more, then use it to buy a big ticket tool for the shop. It just makes me feel like those loose coins are going toward something useful. I dip intomit now and then for a handful of quarters for the car wash or something like that, but i pretty much save it all. When the jar is full i usually take it to the bank and dump it in the coinstar machine. The 'take' is usually in neighborhood of 150 to 200 dollars. But formthe past 3 years i have not cashed it in. I'm saving it toward a wide belt sander, at least that's what i have had my eye on. I figure i have about 750 right now, which is about 400 short but i haven't counted my last jar yet so maybe only need 200 more.
          +1 I do the same thing. My last "cash in" got me one of these, Mojack EZ. In the past I've purchased with my spare change, a RIDGID belt/spindle sander, RIDGID impact driver/drill driver combo, Freud fixed/plunge router combo, and some Jet parallel clamps.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That Mojack looks like a good deal. I drop the mower deck to clean, sharpen, or change blades, etc, which is a pain on my mower. If i ever buy another it will have a drive over deck I think.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That Mojack looks like a good deal. I drop the mower deck to clean, sharpen, or change blades, etc, which is a pain on my mower. If i ever buy another it will have a drive over deck I think.
              It is a good deal, the only regret I have is that I didn't buy one sooner. I'm even considering getting one of these. Anything that keeps me off my knees when working on something is a good deal in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                It is a good deal, the only regret I have is that I didn't buy one sooner. I'm even considering getting one of these. Anything that keeps me off my knees when working on something is a good deal in my book.
                C'mon BD, you know you are interested in the mechanic in pics 4 & 5

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                    Ya got me. I actually clicked on picture #4 and then copied the address hoping that's what would come up when the link was opened. But alas, and quite a lass she is, it didn't work out that way and you had to work a little bit in order to enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X