Rome?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome?

I've thought so for a few years now. We are Rome. And all Empires have eventually fallen.

Re: Rome?

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
    I've thought so for a few years now. We are Rome. And all Empires have eventually fallen.

Short answer, yes.

Comment

Some might say Rome never fell I don't know about that but those guys sure knew how to party on their way down
      Last edited by plumberscrack; 09-14-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Took over a thousand years for Rome's to fall.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Took over a thousand years for Rome's to fall.
          Ah, but the trend with communication, commerce, travel, etc. is that empires rise and fall much faster.

Comment

Read the archives here. I believe you will find a thread by me covering the very subject.
            sigpic

Comment

Now lets see Rome went from around 700 BC to around 450 AD and the United States went from the late 1770's to now and has just about ran it race I don't there is any comparison

Tony

Comment

Regardless of the time line, governments, civilizations and societies always fail due to corruption, greed and moral decay. Ours is no different. Though the founding fathers tried hard to create a system of government with checks and balances, that only works if the different branches of government actually check each other. They never imagined lobbies and businesses, and laws with enough money to be able to buy legislation and buy votes. I can't help but laugh when the right wing regressives spout on about protecting the constitution. The constitution has been changed 27 times woth at. The rich can get richer.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't need any experts to convince me we are doomed! I maintain we are like a dying village refusing to produce most of the goods we consume and depending on others as we deplete our wealth. The final nail in our coffin is paying able bodied Americans entitlment money for housing, food , healthcare, cellphones, etc, instead of having them be productive."Green" jobs?, possible burying all the dead Americans back into the soil when funds finally run out and civil disobedience leads to massacre. Have a good day.

Comment

Rome never fell

actually , Rome never fell.. they just morphed into
                    the Catholic church which is probably the most powerful
                    orgainzation on the planet..
                    Once they got organized, then went out and converted the
                    rest of the world.... a crusade here, a cursade there...
                    the europeans invaded the americas with the popes blessing..
                    it goes on and on.. you dont have to dominate the planet
                    with military might if you have everyone in your faith.

we are not going to fall, the USA will just need to take a short rest
                    or a "breather" for 50-100 years and let others fight it out.......
                    http://www.weilhammerplumbing.com/home/

Comment

Working...
                    X