Rail Dust Spots......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Dust Spots......

Where do most of these orange/rust colored spots come from, the brakes on your vehicle or the atmosphere ?

Would a set of mudflaps help any ?

For you that aren't sure "rail dust" is an old term stemming from cars being shipped via rail in open cars. When the rail car wheels pass over the rails the resulting filings that come from the wear and tear being magnetic would swirl up in the wind and adhere to the cars.

The result after a period of time was little orange rust specks in the cars paint.
    Last edited by AssTyme; 09-18-2013, 12:55 PM.

Re: Rail Dust Spots......

I seen someone park by a person with a wire wheel cleaning rust off of some iron. Did not have to be close to see - white car.

Did you park by some train tracks?
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Stay away from a grinder and cut off saw too.

My neighborhood is a car detailer and there is fallout in the rain and dew.

Auto Detailing clay works great at removing this.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
        I seen someone park by a person with a wire wheel cleaning rust off of some iron. Did not have to be close to see - white car.

Did you park by some train tracks?

No train tracks. My detailer told me to get mudflaps, that most of the spots were coming from my brake pads & rotors. Driving in traffic would also seem to collect more spots.

Comment

Working...
        X