Would allowing big banks and corporations to do whatever they please
    Would busting the unions
    Would revoking minorities rights
    Wold massaging the tax structure to favor the rich
    Would gerrymandering districts
    Would handing out huge subsidies to corporations like wal mart

Welcome to the conservative party. LOL
    "Would throwing all the illegal aliens out help or hurt our economy"

If we have the law, why is it not Enforced?
    If we need a guest/seasonal workers make one that works and when the job is over they go home? If the emigration laws was are so screw up that one can not emigrate, Then change the law in to a workable unit,
    and if Illegals are here they should not be treated as royal guests.
    They should not be able to grab on the teat of the federal government and society suck away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Would ending welfare and entitlement programs,"

First of all what the feds are calling entitlement programs are not entirely entitlement (or free to the participant), Social security is paided for program and not voluntary, the problem is the congress robbed it, so the moneys should be repaid and made solvent and stop add benefits to ever one regardless of there participation in it, it needs an over haul not a deletion. (Ideally it should be privatized and removed from the government. (It is not constructional and should given to the states to administer and operate, and all funds returned to it.)

society needs a safety net, but how much of a net I think is the discussion, a life time net, or one that is designed to help one through a rough time in life? One that has no or few, over site or requirements, should benefits end up being better than what is considered a good job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would overturning row v wade"

I think this goes to the soul of the country, to murder the unborn. how is this civilized. Murder is Murder. IT IS WRONG. What has the unborn baby done to society to deserve death.

(you many not believe in a GOD, but I believe God blessed this country in it beginning, and I think as we continue to reject GOD, his blessing is being removed from us as a nation.
    (even the Democratic party rejected denied GOD three time during there convention)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would eliminating the EPA"

Conservative do not want dirty air or water any more than you do,
    But to what extent and to what cost?

Just because we have tectonoligy to see smaller and smaller parts per XXXX does that mean we need to have pure water with out minerals or other natural occurring elements in it, (foreign harmful substances yes out but natural water?

I think all would agree we need or want the environment protected.
    but the agency is running with out over site, Congress did not do its job. and EPA is the one creating laws, not congress, the do not follow the construction in there enforcement of there laws,

It is an agency that has run a muck, and has over stepped it bounds and authority.

If elimination of the agency is what is needed to put it back in order than fine, (some thing else would soon replace it),

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would allowing big banks and corporations to do whatever they please"

I do not know where you getting this,
    but regulation for regulation sake does not help the person or the nation or industry,

nearly for ever regulation one makes, there is a cost in that to the consumer, and it removes completion, many many times, and in the end makes the cost of doing business more and more thus ending up costing the consumer more and more,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would busting the unions"

busting the attitude would, and that the worker was mandated to join and pay into a system he did not agree with there are things that needs changed,

(side note: apparently you agree with regulation on business and corporations, but do not on unions),

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would revoking minorities rights"

I do not know of any who want to revoke the rights of people,
    but to give them protected status or rights above the general population is not right either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would massaging the tax structure to favor the rich"

why should the tax system be used to punish one group or reward another,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"gerrymandering districts "

around here the liberal love the process, of doing this, they are constantly redrawing the districts.

NO I think it should be by county or town ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would handing out huge subsidies to corporations like Wal-Mart"

here comes back to the rewards and the punishment of taxes,

but being business friendly is better for the economy and the people in general.

the discussion is should the person be taxed or the business be taxed, what are the proper levels. business taxes are passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

one more thought on Taxes, is (are) taxes to be tool for the redistribution of wealth in this county?

a number of this items above revolve on this discussion,

The Liberal Mind set seem to me to be, that some one else has more than me I want it,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and IF were ever going to live with in the income of he federal government
    one of two things need to happen, one revenue comes in, or cut spending,
    more revenue (taxes)will hurt the economy , thus less comes in so the other option seems only logical is to cut spending

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The conservatives I know want a form of fairness and government out of there lives, in a general form, and ( for example: the post of Ricks and getting fined heavily for miss filed paper work on his truck, no safety issue just regulations for regulations and revenues sake).

LIKE usual you took liberal talking points and distorted and spun the points to the negative, and not represented the true thoughts, or ideals,

Conservatives want dirty water and air and hate poor people, and want to kill any one who is not white,

Just like the health care act, ,
    as Ted Cruse, attempted to inform the American people if you want to be controlled from birth to your death by the Federal government, and another addition 1/7 or more of the economy to be taken over and controlled by the federal Government,
    and it is not affordable and is not good health care,
    there is a much better way of doing this,
    and it is not the responsibility of the federal government, (that pesky thing called the constitution)

there is MY Two cents
    Last edited by BHD; 10-22-2013, 10:29 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

• Re: Fed shutdown

I find it ironic that a scumbag like Ted Cruz, a guy that is sucking at the government teat should be the poster boy for less federal intrusion. I have not heard the honorable Mr Cruz forgoing his federal, tax payer paid salary, pension or insurances. I also find it ironic that his platform flies directly in the face of his states penchant for gleaning as much federal money as possible. Texas being at the top of the list of states that are 1st in the governmental chow line.

Your post above is indicative of the short sighted and narrow minded view of country and society that is, as we speak burying what is left of the regressive, chicken little party. You guys just don't get it and refuse to learn from your mistakes. Convinced that the American people are solidly behind you, time and time again events prove that they most certainly are not. You were all so dead sure that Obama would be a one term president....wrong! You were convinced that he would be proven to not be an American citizen.....wrong! Convinced that Benghazi would be the collapse of the administration.......wrong again. Dead sure that people would side with the chicken littles in their latest attempt to derail the ACA....wrong again and not only that wrong 45 times and counting as the idiot Rubio is poised once again to make another useless attack. Like the definition of insanity, the conservatives roll along in their own little make believe world. So what's up now? Their latest attack was a dismal failure so they have decided to go full out, guns a blazing and attack the administration because the ACA web site has glitches. Can't the regressives ever do anything other than attack, complain, pisss and moan? How about coming up with REAL solutions that don't pad the rich mans wallet any further and benefit the regular guy for a change? Nope, better to keep shooting themselves in the foot. Maybe they will run out of ammo or feet someday soon but I doubt it. You probably don't recognize it but most of the people in this country are disgusted with your party of choice and see it a the petty, obstructionist party that it is.
      sigpic

Comment

and IF were ever going to live with in the income of he federal government
        one of two things need to happen, one revenue comes in, or cut spending,
        more revenue (taxes)will hurt the economy , thus less comes in so the other option seems only logical is to cut spending
        I don't think it's possible to cut spending and maintain the programs that are currently in place. The cost of everything goes up each year so either spending has to keep pace or you keep cutting services until you have nothing worthwhile left. I'm not saying that all the current programs should stay. But if even once a level of service was agreed to by both sides to maintain that will require annual increases. Are we all saying that these increases are not acceptable?

There is a HUGE amount of waste in government spending, and just getting that under control could go a long way toward solving the spending issues w/o cutting anything. Oversight of government contracts is the biggest waste. People with no clue sign off on extras and contract extensions and you and I pay for it. It happens at all levels too, not just federal, county and state are just as bad.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

YOU NHMaster sound a lot like James Carville

Can not present any real solutions idea or substance,

and when some one says and presents some thing of substance, you just get louder and talk over them, and finger point and accuse and try to intimidate, and name call.

Your du man!
          Last edited by BHD; 10-22-2013, 04:37 PM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            YOU NHMaster sound a lot like James Carville

Can not present any real solutions idea or substance,

and when some one says and presents some thing of substance, you just get louder and talk over them, and finger point and accuse and try to intimidate, and name call.

Your du man!
            Well now, good job of turning the thing around on me LOL
            I don't have to come up with solutions. I didn't get elected too, nor am I paid too. That job is squarely on the shoulders of our elected congressmen and women. What I can do however is read and when I do that I discover that my once useful and productive party has been taken over by right wing nut cases hell bent on undoing the last 100 years of progress. As for intimidation and name calling I find that pretty rich coming from a group that has spent the past six years doing nothing but.
            sigpic

Comment

We usually have some very enjoyable and spirited exchanges on the Forum, but I'm disappointed with the direction this one has taken.
              I hope the tone can return to one of mutual respect even as we disagree. I believe frustration has gotten the better of some. I'm frustrated too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                I don't think it's possible to cut spending and maintain the programs that are currently in place. The cost of everything goes up each year so either spending has to keep pace or you keep cutting services until you have nothing worthwhile left. I'm not saying that all the current programs should stay. But if even once a level of service was agreed to by both sides to maintain that will require annual increases. Are we all saying that these increases are not acceptable?

There is a HUGE amount of waste in government spending, and just getting that under control could go a long way toward solving the spending issues w/o cutting anything. Oversight of government contracts is the biggest waste. People with no clue sign off on extras and contract extensions and you and I pay for it. It happens at all levels too, not just federal, county and state are just as bad.
                Thanks Bob. Let us not forget the biggest expense and the most wasteful spending of all and that would be the military.
                Everyone here should take a few minute and google things like how much does it cost to operate a carrier group or, how much does an HARM missile cost or for that matter any of the armament we have spent the past 10 years lobbing at rocks and sand. Then get back o me and explain how it is that we can't afford to take care of OUR OWN. PEOPLE!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  We usually have some very enjoyable and spirited exchanges on the Forum, but I'm disappointed with the direction this one has taken.
                  I hope the tone can return to one of mutual respect even as we disagree. I believe frustration has gotten the better of some. I'm frustrated too.
                  I respect all of you, even if you are wrong
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Thanks Bob. Let us not forget the biggest expense and the most wasteful spending of all and that would be the military.
                    Everyone here should take a few minute and google things like how much does it cost to operate a carrier group or, how much does an HARM missile cost or for that matter any of the armament we have spent the past 10 years lobbing at rocks and sand. Then get back o me and explain how it is that we can't afford to take care of OUR OWN. PEOPLE!
                    NHM, even though you weaseled( I have the utmost respect for weasels out of answering my questions, I'll answer yours. We are very deep in debt and while we need a strong military to protect us from the scum of the earth, we do not need and cannot afford to keep overweight, drinkers, smokers, drug users and the elderely alive. We must make tough decisions and start deciding who lives and who dies. You are welcome.

Comment

Well I'm not overweight, have never smoked, drink a beer about twice a month and 58 is the new 35

The last thing I am is frustrated. Fascinated is closer to how I view the events of the world today. You see Frank, I'm not all that old but I am old enough and pretty sure that if it all does come crashing down, I'll probably be comfortably resting in my box beneath the dirt. Still though, the events are interesting as is the rhetoric and reactions to the times. The young ones will have to sort it all out and either they will fail or succeed but either way, life will go on long past our time on this earth. So my advice to you is to step outside your frustrations and fear and become an observer of history in the making. Future generations will speak of the things that we did here.
                      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 10-22-2013, 06:31 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        Future generations will speak of the things that we did here.
                        With lots of profanity.

Comment

Maybe.....
                          sigpic

Comment

one more question?

and any one can answer

If you remove the conservatives from the republican party, what is the difference between the republican and democratic parties?
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The only difference in the two groups is who they choose to pander to.

Comment

NHM, for your information, I'm too stupid to be afraid

Comment

Working...
                                X