Clear All

• Re: Fed shutdown

Originally posted by rofl View Post
    With lots of profanity.
    I already do!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Thanks Bob. Let us not forget the biggest expense and the most wasteful spending of all and that would be the military.
      Everyone here should take a few minute and google things like how much does it cost to operate a carrier group or, how much does an HARM missile cost or for that matter any of the armament we have spent the past 10 years lobbing at rocks and sand. Then get back o me and explain how it is that we can't afford to take care of OUR OWN. PEOPLE!
      yes, i agree. Military spending part of the problem, and it too could be trimmed by 15 to 20 % without giving up anything, just get the wastful spending under control. Any one here about that military complex that was built in Afganhastan for 60 million and the Marines said don't build it before the first shovel went in the ground. They built it any way and tried to turn it over the Afghan military, but they couldn't use it because it was built to US standards, 120v AC wired and all.
      So it sits empty and is scheduled to be torn down with out ever having been used even once by our forces. And that is just one example and a drop in the bucket.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

It costs about one and a half million a day to operate a single aircraft carrier. That does not include the rest of the carrier group. A single launch costs about 80 grand. You heard that right. 80 large every time a plane leaves the deck. But health care is going to bankrupt us. LOL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          It costs about one and a half million a day to operate a single aircraft carrier. That does not include the rest of the carrier group. A single launch costs about 80 grand. You heard that right. 80 large every time a plane leaves the deck. But health care is going to bankrupt us. LOL
          17 trillion in real debt, I would say we are already bankrupt! NHM, you said all that's keeping us going is faith. I repeat, we could not afford all the wars, or entitlements. People must do without, and die. Our enemies probably have faith that our military strength is not smoke and mirrors as is our economy.

Comment

Working...
          X