X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fed shutdown

I suppose that if I was actually hearing things from conservatives and religious people that was different from what is being fed by the right wing media, both religious and political, I would be less inclined to dismiss them but all too often all I hear sounds as though it was pretty much quoted word for word. So when a conservative tells me that their opinions are their own I am highly skeptical. Since this shutdown I can't tell you how many times I have heard the mantra that we should dock congresses pay too. Did anyone that said that actually stop and think about the logic behind holding back pay from those that are paid salary for one, so when the shutdown is lifted they won't have lost a thing and for most of them their entire salary is a drop in the bucket. Finally, even if you never paid them the money saved is a grain of sand on the beach. Doesn't anyone stop and look down the road anymore or are we all happy with knee jerk and unworkable rhetoric just to keep the ignorant happy? I used to ask some tough questions like "how do you think deporting all illegal aliens would effect our economy". Maybe 1 person in 50 were able to put forth a reasoned answer and the vast majority spat back misinformation and out and out lies that they had heard somewhere else and swallowed whole. People don't really seem to want to educate themselves. They are much more comfortable sticking with ideology that is familiar to them or that fits their own agenda even if it is wrong. Like it or not quite a few opinions are not debatable they are just plain wrong.
    sigpic

Comment

Are you aware that it sounds like you regurgitate liberal media talk

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
        What kind of response is that?! You could very well be responded to as "you sound like you regurgitate conservative media talk.... either way, it isn't productive.

Liberal or Conservative labels aren't helpful and that is where we seem to be in this argument. The logic seems to be gone and everything is getting twisted to either a left or right point of view. We've fallen to name calling and labeling it seems, instead of points for or against the process that has been chosen to bring down the health care issue.

This whole process is deceitful and anti-government and what we are now seeing is a minority using it's power to bring the nation to it's knees.... and some people think that is simply great! This is no longer about the ACA, it's about the country itself and whether the majority vote matters. Makes me wonder what ever happened to people in the United States who once banded together to make this the great country it is. We have an element here that is quite determined to undermine the credibility of our country.... why aren't we against that?

Perhaps we all need to just step back a bit.

CWS

Comment

NHM, I blame both politcal parties going back at least forty years, they both did nothing to stop illegal immigration, the loss of Amercian based businesses and jobs. They could have done something but they did nothing and it cost us! What exactly would we be defaulting on, imaginary debt? what are we raising the debt ceiling for, more imaginary debt? The trillions do matter, operating in the red does matter, or else we would not have to keep raising the amount of debt incurred. I guess someone convinced you, an educated man, that it just doesn't matter, amazing and hard to believe. How do you consider more debt, more entitlement spending, and the loss of full time jobs resulting from the healthcare law as "progressive"? Maybe in theory providing such entitlements is progressive but in this economy and with the price to small businesses, workers and taxpayers it is anything but progressive. NHM, I agree with can't deport all the illegals, but we dam sure could have done something to prevent them entering by the millions over the years. Our courts and jails are crowded with them, hospitals and schools burdened by them because they don't support and pay into the tax base. We could have done something about a lot of things like other countries do, but we did not and do not. Germany does not care about "free trade", and "open markets", they protect their economy. I look down the road and so should you, I maintain we are a dead society with a smoke and mirrors economy. The federal government is not immune or excused from laws of basic finances any more than basic laws of physics do not apply to everyone and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            I suppose that if I was actually hearing things from conservatives and religious people that was different from what is being fed by the right wing media, both religious and political, I would be less inclined to dismiss them but all too often all I hear sounds as though it was pretty much quoted word for word.
            Originally posted by rofl View Post
            Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
            What kind of response is that?! CWS
            The kind of response that was appropriate.

Amazing how little offense is taken when an agreeable party says something like that but oh how it changes when the shoe is on the other foot.
            Last edited by rofl; 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Years ago when I spoke out against then President Bush I got a lot of flack here, was called a lot of unkind names. I am now called a racist instead of unpatriotic. I don't think much has really changed, bullies will always try to intimidate, those in power will always forget when they called for justice, fairness, equality. The behavior is identical between the democrats and republicans when it comes to exercising our right to dissent.

Comment

I agree. It's sad that we have a two party system and neither even accurately represents what they claim.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                  What kind of response is that?! You could very well be responded to as "you sound like you regurgitate conservative media talk.... either way, it isn't productive.

Liberal or Conservative labels aren't helpful and that is where we seem to be in this argument. The logic seems to be gone and everything is getting twisted to either a left or right point of view. We've fallen to name calling and labeling it seems, instead of points for or against the process that has been chosen to bring down the health care issue.

This whole process is deceitful and anti-government and what we are now seeing is a minority using it's power to bring the nation to it's knees.... and some people think that is simply great! This is no longer about the ACA, it's about the country itself and whether the majority vote matters. Makes me wonder what ever happened to people in the United States who once banded together to make this the great country it is. We have an element here that is quite determined to undermine the credibility of our country.... why aren't we against that?

Perhaps we all need to just step back a bit.

CWS
                  Perhaps it is not appropriate to call someone who disagrees with the President a racist!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Perhaps it is not appropriate to call someone who disagrees with the President a racist!

Who called who a racist?

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                      The real reason for the shutdown is white "racism" (according to that genius Ed Schultz) LOL!
                      CWS, this is what I was referring to, and is serves no constructive purpose.

Comment

If you are not a racist then the comment doesn't apply to you. That said, I can't begin to tell you how many times I have heard the words " that nigger in the White House" over the past six years. I can't recall ever hearing "that middle aged rich white guy" though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          If you are not a racist then the comment doesn't apply to you. That said, I can't begin to tell you how many times I have heard the words " that nigger in the White House" over the past six years. I can't recall ever hearing "that middle aged rich white guy" though.
                          You are traveling in the wrong circles, it was said plenty! The racist comment does not apply to me but that didn't stop the bully from saying it, neither did the comments by sean hannity about those who disagreed with President Bush when he called them unpatriotic. All bullies.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	f7cfc7140c72af22967c248ef0f523fe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	17864It's still said and said by a whole lot of folks both well to do and not so much. For better or worse, obamas presidency has brought out an ugly side to America that still exists despite all the progress we have made. The racist feelings haven't changed, it's just that most people know better than to be quite so upfront about it these days. Racism aside though, my feeling is that most folks go off half cocked before they take the time to sift through the facts. I've heard an awful lot about Obama phones in the past few weeks. What I haven't heard though is the fact that that particular program was started by the G. Bush Sr administration. Just little things that get left out of the argument LOL. Dig deep enough and you will find the truth, something Hanity and Limbaugh never quite seem to get right.
                            Last edited by NHMaster3015; 10-04-2013, 06:29 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

What can be done to bring back jobs ,lower taxes,and just in general work better as a nation ?

Comment

I find the liberal talk show hosts to just as bad. They all pander to their audience, liberal or conservative. If you watch both with an open mind you quickly realize how similar they are ,and how they are making fools of their audience. I can't remember which liberal station I was watching after President Obama was elected but I remember hearing how it was unpatriotic or unAmerican to talk out against the President. Might have been something said by Pelosi, not sure, but right there it hit me, they are all the same! So keep defending your brand of dysfunction, and I'll keep voting the lesser of two evils. About the "phones" doesn't matter to me who started the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X