Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fed shutdown

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Well then my friend let us pour one last tall one and offer a toast to la revolution'

Personally I think the wheel will keep on turning for a few more years.
    Oh, the wheel's gonna turn more than a few more years and then...Well let's just hope none of us are around when that happens, when all the irresponsible, dysfunctional, smoke and mirrors behavior comes due. No NHM, it may not be you and me but some poor dopes will wonder what's happening and why. I think it will come down to faith like you said, other governments that support us( what a disgrace) will lose faith that we can make good anymore on the debt we can't possibly pay. The joke will be on those who thought it was just numbers, meaningless numbers. Hey, maybe if we default, the laughing will start a little sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by toutahnow View Post
      let's keep it respectful gentlemen.

Mark
      why ???????
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The best thing that could happen (won't) is for the "Fed Shutdown" to keep going on and on. Maybe at least 6 months.

I already know what some are thinking. Those people dependent on their occupations and the economic velocity (spending) as a result.

But you have to realize that the majority do not care until it directly effects them. Really effects them. 6 months out of work on these thousands of people caused by the elected and you have much higher potential for change. Directly affect the masses, they pay closer attention, and do something about it. People thrown out, or even better dragged out.

The politicians will never allow this. Doesn't matter what party institutes it. Why? Because then it would directly affect them. Humans are the same whether they are in some position held in high esteem or mow lawns.

A week or two shutdown is only something to talk about. Then it's back to corrupt business as usual.

Got to keep the people calm. It's just games in the Colosseum.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          The best thing that could happen (won't) is for the "Fed Shutdown" to keep going on and on. Maybe at least 6 months.

I already know what some are thinking. Those people dependent on their occupations and the economic velocity (spending) as a result.

But you have to realize that the majority do not care until it directly effects them. Really effects them. 6 months out of work on these thousands of people caused by the elected and you have much higher potential for change. Directly affect the masses, they pay closer attention, and do something about it. People thrown out, or even better dragged out.

The politicians will never allow this. Doesn't matter what party institutes it. Why? Because then it would directly affect them. Humans are the same whether they are in some position held in high esteem or mow lawns.

A week or two shutdown is only something to talk about. Then it's back to corrupt business as usual.

Got to keep the people calm. It's just games in the Colosseum.
          I don't think it would have to go 6 months. This is October, we're only a month away from the next election.
          It may not be a national election but there WILL be changes as a result of the positions being taken on this
          issue by both sides.

I think the public is about fed up with the inaction and unwillingness of both parties to not negotiate a resolution
          to this stalemate.

If these were two of your kids agruing you'd set them down and force them to work it out.

If it were management and some union or other representative of labor then they would have to go
          to binding arbitration after so much deliberation if no resolution or prospect of an agreement is in sight.

That's not the case with Congress or the Senate, so the tie-breaker will come in November when the
          public elects one party or the other to a super majority position that can steamroll just about anything through.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Shutting down unmanned tourist turnouts.

Obama is a big baby.

And no...NHM.....I did not hear this on the radio. I drove by some yesterday.

Comment

Yep, I'm pretty sure Obama himself gave the order LOL
              sigpic

Comment

All across the nation but he had nothing to do with it. LOL

Your turn.

Comment

The way I see it, the republicans have made it very clear to the American public that they do not like the new healthcare law, or funding more deficit spending. I believe the better way to defeat the healthcare law if at all possible is show support and see if it self destructs. Vote to raise the spending, dig the whole deeper, and while doing that figure out a way to get into a position which allows your party to make changes. Right now folks are upset with both parties, but the republicans are looking worse even if many of us agree their motives are good.
                  The video that Mark posted was simple and to the point, republicans should buy airtime across the country and broadcast it until it sinks in!
                  We deserve better government, but I think it's out of our hands with the two party system. Somehow there needs to be a party that represents the will of the people, the good of the people and country above party agenda. Realistically I doubt we will see any positive change so I'm pretty sure things will get worse. Wheter there's more overspending on war or entitlements, while full time, good paying jobs remain unseen, the picture is not promising.

Comment

I can't see the video he posted on my device. I'll have to log in on something else.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                      I can't see the video he posted on my device. I'll have to log in on something else.
                      If you can't open this go to YouTube and search debt limit-a guide to american federal debt, you will see two guys sitting at a desk.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                        All across the nation but he had nothing to do with it. LOL

Your turn.
                        No, he had nothing to do with it. The protocol for a government shutdown has been established for decades. You can thank your tea party for putting the wheels in motion this time.

It's not the republicans as a whole, it is a group of right wing fanatics that don't like the health care bill. They have tried something like 44 times in the past couple of years to overturn it. They have essentially wasted 4 years and countless dollars on this nonsense.
                        Last edited by NHMaster3015; 10-06-2013, 01:18 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Funny video, has zero to do with raising the national debt limit because again, our economy is based on the faith in our government who's income is not limited to having a job.
                          sigpic

Comment

No....it's limited to us having jobs.

Comment

NHM, you can label and name call all you want but that's not who I am. "Racist" and "right wing fanatic" does not accurately describe the folks who will be losing full time work, the folks who will see the cost of their healthcare sky rocket, the small business owner who will struggle and possibly lose his or her business. Some of the things I mentioned are already happening and as the healthcare law goes into full effect, all of them will happen. The government pays for nothing, it is through our taxes these entitlements are funded. Fewer people are working full time, good paying jobs, figure inflation into the equation and you have a formula for disaster. Time will tell, but until then the name calling is incorrect and does not show you in a good light as an educated man. My formal education ended with high school, but I know better than to behave in that manner. Lastly, our economy is not "faith" based because it is not loss of faith but failure to pay on debt that could ruin us. Our government's income is a matter of concern to folks who understand the risks of overspending (deficit spending). I doubt communist china uses "faith" in allowing us to dig deeper into debt, they have no faith, they do not "Trust In God". Watch what happens if we default, you will need to find a better more accurate word than "faith" to describe the cause and effect.

Comment

That's it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X