X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year with Weight Watchers!

I apologize for taking over the Open Discussion right now since everyone's so focused on the goverment shutdown. Believe me, I'm in it as well with my hubby being a disabled veteran and both my parents who are federal retirees (they live with us as well).

Anyway, as you all know, I've been here at Ridge and have been on my Personal Journey to lose weight. Today marks my one year anniversary working it with Weight Watchers. My weigh-in will be official in an hour, but as it stands I'm currently at 115 lbs lost in one year!

I started on October 4, 2012 at 365.8 lbs.
    This morning, I am happy to say I am at 251 lbs.

I am also adding my picture. My bestie of all besties here at work took my picture today. Even though I did not have my picture from today last year, my hubby did take my picture when we road tripped to NJ on October 20. So, it's close enough.

School is also going great, but getting a little tough. In my last 2 semesters. I walk for my Master's Degree on May 10, 2014. My ultimate goal now is to reach my desired lifetime goal of 170 lbs. I have 218 days left to do it. And what if I don't make it? Well, I just keep going until I do. BUT, what a graduation that would be!

Click image for larger version

Name:	be878fab141b85f9d8f0841d70eb6c51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	17861

Love to everyone!
    Cathy
    8^ )

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Re: One Year with Weight Watchers!

FYI...In the "now" pic, that bracelet is my FitBit, my digital pedometer that I wear 24/7 to track my steps.

Cathy

Comment

Wow! You're like a super human!

Congratulations on your current achievements and drive for your goals. You are an inspiration to everyone. I've been sooooo lazy about doing my cardio outside of normal work. You've inspired me to start again! Thanks.

Comment

Keep up the great job! Everyone sees and thinks about the numbers and what's on the outside but it's really about a new lease on life. When you reach your goal weight you will have lost a full person, amazing!

Comment

The results are in!

I lost 5.8 lbs this week. My total to date is 114.2 and weight is 251.6!

Cathy
          8^ )

Comment

Your doing good, Congratulations.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Way to go Cathy!

You should be very proud of yourself....looking good.

CWS

Comment

Cathy, weight loss is a tremendous burden to accomplish without exercise, diet and life style adjustments. You look like you have accomplished all three and deserve tremendous credit for doing so. Kudos.

Comment

You will make it.

Comment

Cathy, glad to see and hear the great results.

Were you just holding off on posting the news until they fixed the thanks button

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Well done. Keep up the good work, your body will like you for it.
                      You already have a master's degree in weight loss.
                      Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Rick, you are just WAY too funny! Since not much is happening on the school area, not much to post. My Education Technology IT class is boring me. There are so many of my classmates who have never even taken on any of the projects we have to do this semester. Because I dabble and enjoy graphic design on the side, I've been doing much of this work for years. AUTOMATIC A!

My work load at the Tool appears to be heavier as well. Gotta work hard to keep all you guys happy. As Rick knows, I used to work for Josh directly as his Marketing Assistant. Now I'm in Product Engineering working for Josh on the engineering side. As I told them, I would never leave Marketing. Mostly true! And I enjoy working with both departments!

Thank you to EVERYONE who's posted positive vibes to me on this. It's been a journey, and one that I'm not finished with yet. I'm on Facebook (but not for the next week as I'm under a challenge to stay off it) and have been motivating people galore! If you're ever over there and want to friend me, just go ahead (Cathy Valliere-Hennes). Love to have all the friends I can get!

Lots of love to everyone on the Forum. I continue to read and am amazed at what a group of folks come here every day and choose to stay!

Cathy
                        8^ )

Comment

i'm a little late to the party but CONGRATULATIONS!!!
                          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by henneca View Post
                            If you're ever over there and want to friend me, just go ahead (Cathy Valliere-Hennes). Love to have all the friends I can get!
                            I sent a friend request
                            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Thank you Plumber Punky for saying who you are. I will friend you tomorrow. I've been on a 7 day challenge from FB. My best friend challenged me that I couldn't get on FB to make posts and things for 7 days. It ends at 12:30 tomorrow. But, what he doesn't realize is that I've been discussing possible business interests with some celebrities for a new movement that I would like to present. I call it:

Using Music to Motivate Movement

It'll be a seminar presented primarily to parents to help them motivate their children into activity by using music as the backdrop. When I walk, I ALWAYS have music with me. And, my play list consists of 70's disco and 80's dance (yea, I'm of THAT age!). But, if kids can become motivate to movement AND can start seeing results, they'll want to continue to become active. There's still time for the games, but more time for activity. Also, I want to present to parents how they can help their children make better food choices. Yes, you can still eat everything you do now, but in moderation. I'm stealing the ideas from where I am with now, but putting a spin on it for kids.

This seminar would be available to anyone who wanted it, but focused on children.

Now, as for the motivation part, I wear a digital pedometer called a FitBit. It synchs wirelessly with my iPhone and the Internet, tracking my steps. It calculates my steps into miles and how many calories I burn. It also allows me to have friendly competition with others on steps. Who has the highest number of steps in 7 days? All in good fun. I think if more kids had them, they would be competing amongst each other for steps and activity!

I think this is a trip to the Shark Tank! What does everyone think?

By the way, STXRUS, thanks for the kudos! They are ALWAYS welcome!

Cathy
                              8^ )

Comment

Working...
                              X