Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the respectful dissussion between rofl & NHM thread

Originally posted by rofl View Post
    NHM....could you please explain what answer you are looking for that isn't covered in my responses?

There was a definition provided by blue_can and I said it fit me and went on to discuss it more. If you don't respect the answer tell me which part is lacking in your opinion. Simply ignoring what I have said does not promote communication but it does promote conflict.
    I can't imagine NHM wanting anything other than conflict. He regurgitates liberal talking points and refuses to respond to reasonable questions.
    Try not to take him seriously, it's all just a game to him. I don't think the 17 trillion and growing debt is a nonissue, nor is the absense of any plan to grow jobs, reduce entitlement spending or any other of the serious problems facing our nation. NHM and others don't have the stomach to see where we are or where we are headed so they laugh it all off. Nero fiddled.

Comment

My God I think you might be waking up to your so called democracy its an illusion as I woke up years ago to Australian democracy it has nothing to do with you the ordinary people its all about money and who can get the most the US has been the top dog since WW11 but has pissed it up against the wall not on its own people but on wars thinking they can make more money for a small number of citizens in the know the rich and now you have real competion Asia which owns you lock stock and barrel as the rick took their eyes off the ball or should I say the money and they out sauced all your industries to Asia so these rich fifth columnists can make more money and the US and its allies keeps going around in this circle

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
        I appreciate the candor within this topic.

I find it totally disrespectful for obama to put his feet up on the
        desk in the oval office! that desk has more experience than he ever will!

I too respect the "office of the president" but have zero respect for the slob from Illinois!
        I'm originally from Chicago and truly know his background!
        The world is a more dangerous place today having a such a sorry person as president!

I am a republican ...my parents were solid democrats...the party philosophies have flip/flopped
        over the years and we have allowed lifetime politicians due to our lack of interest and
        blindly reelecting them into office. More people are concerned about fantasy football than
        real life!

Any time you can vote for your own pay raise and are above the law it's time to remove
        you from the position. The amount of felonies and laws broken by our elected officials are
        shocking! from murder to outright stealing and immoral acts! 2 terms should be the
        maximum public service served TOTAL! Otherwise you become corrupted!

This applies to judges too!!!!

I find the enthusiastic debates we have here interesting and entertaining.
        I'd like to see some of you small business owners go and run our country..you'll
        fire the dead weight and useless folks the first day!

Both parties are at fault ...we usually scream louder at the party in control at the time!

I know people that claim to be republicans do it to stack primary elections and the same with
        democrats.

Finally although we have a lot of serious problems I have to say we are still the best game around!

If Dennis Rodeman and all the other USA haters Jane Fonda, and others like them have so much
        dislike for our country and way of government..why don't they surrender their millions of
        dollars they have, surrender their citizenship and move to Cuba or Argentina or Russia
        and have a wonderful life!

I still have no problems with debates but if you don't like the neighborhood ...move

Cactus Man
        Jane Fonda was not a traiter for going to North Veitnam to protest agianst the war she was before her time the Veitnam war was one of many blunders that the US lead us into what did we gain from that war nothing absolutly nothing I think you lost 50,000 we lost around five hundred and many thousand more who lives were lost from drugs trying to blot out the memory and every other form of death one can imagine
        Many of your politians of that time have cried mea cupa for sending troops to Veitnam in the first place years after the event but Jane Fonda had the moral fortitude that these politians didn`t have at the time

Tony

Comment

Tony.....When I want a discussion with you I'll start that thread.

Comment

Tony--Apologize to rofl--you didn't get his permission to post on this thread!!

Comment

Has nothing to do with me. Tony should apologize for posting at all.

Comment

Average cost to raise a child in this country is about 241,000 dollars till age 18
                Average number of abortions performed in this country is 1,943.000

So, about 2 million times 241,000 = 482 billion give or take a few hundred thousand.

The "conservatives" are of the opinion that abortion should be illegal which logically means that it these babies are born it will cost the tax payer 482 billion plus the cost of the birth itself. Probably round it up to 500 billion or so and be in the ballpark. Note also that over 90% of abortions are performed on unwed mothers. Now let's try and keep emotion, religion and your moral views out of the equation for a second. Logically is supporting the right to life a conservative issue? For that matter wouldn't a conservative leave this whole issue to the states, counties, townships etc? How does abortion become a conservative versus liberal issue?

A true conservative would recognize that it's far cheaper and less stressful on society as a whole to maintain the status quo. Think ahead too. Think about 2 million mostly unwanted children growing up in a questionable environment, turning to drugs and crime and costing society even more plus those kids will most likely continue the cycle.

Frankie, you keep trying to pin a liberal label on me. My views are realistically more conservative than 90% of the folks calling themselves such.

Conservatives, real ones, need to separate themselves from the radical religious right that is slowly eating away at the republican party and true conservatism.

So knowing that what is the true conservative view of foreign wars, illegal immigration, the energy situation, states rights and so on.

My party has been hijacked by social and religious zealots, hell bent on bringing their particular brand of racist, bigoted politics to the ignorant and easily swayed.

Rofl, I don't think you really know what you believe. I think you won't do enough research and reasoning to be able to make an informed decision. Your party of choice used to call the democrats knee jerk liberals and I guess the conservatives liked the moniker and have decided to claim it for their own. The knee jerk part anyway.
                Last edited by NHMaster3015; 12-29-2013, 12:32 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL. Ok, thanks for participating.

Comment

NHM, I was labeled as a liberal when I spoke out against President Bush. Now that I speak out against President Obama some are trying to label me a conservative. I am a free thinker which some folks can't understand because they have no original thoughts. I object to abortion as a form of birth control, but unless and until we have a national DNA database and can hold people responsible for their careless reproduction that "WE" pay for, I am all for abortion! I understand the need for extending unemployment benefits or some other form of entitlement benefits for folks who have lost their jobs. There are not enough full time, good paying jobs for all the folks out of work! I know hard working good folks who have lost their jobs and they tell me for every one job that opens up there are hundreds of applicants. Our economy is in serious trouble and assuming people who are unemployed are that way because they are lazy is inaccurate. MY views and opinions are a combination of things and they do not fall under either party's agenda in their entirety. I feel they are the result of common sense, and that just angers folks who are not openminded and cannot see themselves.

Comment

Finding common ground really is impossible here. If you don't believe in God yourself and mock those who do as "unenlightened" there really isn't any reason to discuss anything. My politics can not separate from my beliefs. My beliefs can not separate from my faith.

I will say this. My faith is not in some archaic book that isn't relevant any longer. My faith is in a God that has revealed Himself in my life and in my family. The Bible is only relevant in my life because it has proven itself over and over. When it is used rightly, and many times it is not, it will free people from things that will destroy their lives and their families.

You can claim what I've said isn't true, but I witness it quite often. You might as well tell me the sky isn't blue because I know better. You can rail against this all you want and insult me and people that believe like me all you want.

In life I rarely find myself in these debates because I'm way more interested in helping people. I've seen lives change for the better and didn't have to put them on a government program to do it.

The way you responded to me in the other thread I was under the impression that there was a misunderstanding. I thought you were asking for something I just wasn't providing. I now see that there isn't a specific answer that would satisfy you other than capitulating to your position.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                        Finding common ground really is impossible here. If you don't believe in God yourself and mock those who do as "unenlightened" there really isn't any reason to discuss anything. My politics can not separate from my beliefs. My beliefs can not separate from my faith.

I will say this. My faith is not in some archaic book that isn't relevant any longer. My faith is in a God that has revealed Himself in my life and in my family. The Bible is only relevant in my life because it has proven itself over and over. When it is used rightly, and many times it is not, it will free people from things that will destroy their lives and their families.

You can claim what I've said isn't true, but I witness it quite often. You might as well tell me the sky isn't blue because I know better. You can rail against this all you want and insult me and people that believe like me all you want.

In life I rarely find myself in these debates because I'm way more interested in helping people. I've seen lives change for the better and didn't have to put them on a government program to do it.

The way you responded to me in the other thread I was under the impression that there was a misunderstanding. I thought you were asking for something I just wasn't providing. I now see that there isn't a specific answer that would satisfy you other than capitulating to your position.
                        Well first off whether you believe it or not I do respect your right to believe in anything you want. If it brings you comfort and helps you to be a better person it is what is right for you. What I object too though is folks that push their beliefs on everyone else, especially politically.
                        sigpic

Comment

Isn't that what every law we have is doing?

Comment

Well, not every but certainly more than a conservative would like.
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL....what I said is a true statement regardless of political leaning. For you to make it a jab at conservatives is silly.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. I'll clarify my position though. I, as a conservative do not believe that the federal government should be involving itself in issues of morality, nor do I believe that the federal government should be usurping states rights and local control. Furthermore I believe that the conservative course should be concerned with what is financially responsible for the most number of people, I.E. Joe tax payer. Now if you have the time and really care I can show you step by step the hypocrisy and short sighted ness of what is today's republican/Conservative party. Remember that for me, the goal is to serve all of this nations citizens, not just the top 2%. In short I consider myself a conservative, not a religious zealot.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X