Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Affordable Care Act

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Most people want affordable health care. Most people like their current health care. Obamacare is not what they wanted and is not what it was sold to be.

Mark
    I like my current health plan, but I don't like paying over $12/hour for it. With no price controls on the drug or health care industries, there is no way it will change. Our plan (about 2000 employees) gets hit with anywhere from 12 to 20% increases with each contract renewal. We usually get 3 year contracts, and solicit bids from the major providers with each new contract. But there is little hope of improving on the price. IF I could get a 12 % raise it still wouldn't cover the health plan increases after taxes, so zero in my pocket. How can you call this (the current plan pricing) something anyone would like. And that plan, as expensive as it is, has minimal eye care coverage and also minimal dental coverage. Those two areas are the most profitable of the whole health care industry because they have managed to stay OFF the health plan menus as much as possible, allowing them to not have to deal with negotiated proving from the health care providers. Butthose two areas are probably the two that the majority of people use the most.

One thing the ACA did was require these plans to spend at least 80% of the premium they charge in actual health care for you and me. Before that they could spend the premium money any way they chose to.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 11-15-2013, 04:34 PM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

It appears that the reason for supporting this is "we need something different...AT ANY COST!"

I would love to house the homeless, but if you force me to let some live in my house as a solution then you have overstepped your authority. What is done is only part of the equation. If you accomplish a moral goal by implementing immoral tactics there is nothing to celebrate. In fact, they should be ashamed, as if they are even capable of shame any longer.

Comment

See how misinformed and ignorant some folks are? The poor, those on welfare, NOTHING CHANGES. They are under medicare now and they still will be. You're not paying for the poor and you are not paying for the so called deadbeats.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah...I know misinformed and ignorant when I see it.

Comment

The mention of homeless people was as an analogy not as a topic I was relating to the subject.

Comment

I don't think so. You were parroting back the misinformation and lies spread by the regressive right and it's mouthpieces. Again, what is so hard to understand here. On the lower income tier, nothing changes for anyone. They keep on getting their welfare benefits just like they always have. What the bill will do though is keep thousands of illegal aliens from using the emergency rooms without paying. The bill will lower the cost of insurance and services and that in turn will boost the economy. How is it that so called republicans who are generally all in favor of trickle down economics are so blind to the reality, other than their baseless hatred for Obama. You can't see the hypocrisy there?
              sigpic

Comment

You can't put a shine on ship . This is a complete Goat Fluk. It will only get Worse ! " As it starts , so it goes "
                Last edited by toolaholic; 11-16-2013, 09:45 AM.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  I don't think so. You were parroting back the misinformation and lies spread by the regressive right and it's mouthpieces. Again, what is so hard to understand here. On the lower income tier, nothing changes for anyone. They keep on getting their welfare benefits just like they always have. What the bill will do though is keep thousands of illegal aliens from using the emergency rooms without paying. The bill will lower the cost of insurance and services and that in turn will boost the economy. How is it that so called republicans who are generally all in favor of trickle down economics are so blind to the reality, other than their baseless hatred for Obama. You can't see the hypocrisy there?
                  I try hard to read you drivel without responding with too much disrespect, but I'll be darned if I let you tell me I meant something different than what I know I meant.

To quote Sheriff Woody from Toy Story..."you are a sad strange little man. You have my pity."

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Who do you think pays for the welfare benefits? You are delusional to think this is saving working folks and taxpayers anything. There is a better way to keep "thousands" of illegal aliens out of "our" emergency rooms, DEPORT them!!! Make sure the borders are secure, and save taxpayers the costs. I don't hate obama, he is a liar and misinformed by those around him, according to him! The lifeboats are in the water and they are filled to capacity, obama is going to sink them all if this law is not repealed. NHM, you have not posted a accurate response to any of this. Please stop repeating liberal talking points and have an original thought. Do the math, you can at least do that on your own. We the taxpayers cannot afford the entitlements including welfare, food stamps, and healthcare. Our economy is broken in spite of your refusal to admit that obvious fact.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                      I try hard to read you drivel without responding with too much disrespect, but I'll be darned if I let you tell me I meant something different than what I know I meant.

To quote Sheriff Woody from Toy Story..."you are a sad strange little man. You have my pity."
                      That's the best NHM can do when faced with reality. This reminds me of the kid who wants what he wants and doesn't understand that it is not in the budget. Oh, sorry I forgot budgets and debt are meaningless details.

Comment

Why can't you be honest. You don't want it too work. You delight in criticism and gloom and doom. You would rather see it fail than see Obama succeed. A year or so from now, when the dust settles and all the problems have been worked out all your negative rhetoric will fade away and you will detach yourselves from this whole conversation. It is so damn easy to point out problems and place blame. Everyone is an expert at it but damn few are able to solve problems and get the job done without blaming the other guy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Why can't you be honest. You are as partison as a solid blue donkey.

Obama was wrong when he said his son would look like Trayvon Martin. His son would look like a plumber/educator.

Comment

I am as far from being a democrat as you are but unlike you I don't go through life with blinders on. Health care in this country is a crisis and the number one cause of a stagnant economy. Doing nothing isn't an option. I don't give a rats hind end which party steps up and does what needs to be done and I'm tired of all the Monday morning quarter backs adding nothing to the debate other than pessimism and criticism. Had bush been in office and brought this legislation forward the democrats would have opposed it and you would have been solidly behind it.
                            sigpic

Comment

The septic tank needs pumped. It's getting deep in here.

Comment

Back off on the chili. Lol

But, since you seem to be the king of the one liners, how about you give it the old college try and tell us what you think should be done to solve the health care crisis in this country. Here's your chance to step up. You're going to have to shoulder this one all by yourself though because thus far your party of choice has been pretty much useless. Come on now, were counting on you LOL
                                Last edited by NHMaster3015; 11-16-2013, 10:24 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X