Affordable Care Act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Affordable Care Act

You seem to be hypocritical and clueless about it.

I can find examples of you doing exactly what you accuse everyone else of doing. I have posted legitimate concerns with the method of implementation and you completely ignore it. You are totally on board with doing the "right thing" the wrong way. It is shallow, short sighted, ignorant, arrogant, and even illegal to accomplish this worthwhile goal in such a haphazard manner.

You don't respond to real points, but you love rolling in the mud with "one-liners." Whether you see it or not...everyone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
      You seem to be hypocritical and clueless about it.

I can find examples of you doing exactly what you accuse everyone else of doing. I have posted legitimate concerns with the method of implementation and you completely ignore it. You are totally on board with doing the "right thing" the wrong way. It is shallow, short sighted, ignorant, arrogant, and even illegal to accomplish this worthwhile goal in such a haphazard manner.

You don't respond to real points, but you love rolling in the mud with "one-liners." Whether you see it or not...everyone else does.
      So...... No solutions from you? Imagine that LOL.

Admit it, you have NOTHING and not only do you have nothing, all you can do is repeat the same pessimistic and obstructionist crap you listen to coming from all those others that have nothing to offer either. You are a prime example of why nothing gets done in this country. Do you really expect me to believe that your "legitimate concerns" were your very own thoughts. LOL.
      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 11-16-2013, 12:01 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Give me a break. You haven't offered a solution other than blindly following a known liar off a cliff.

Wisdom isn't always knowing what to do. It is often knowing what won't work. Lying to the public. Bypassing the structure for passing laws. Demonizing those that want to be involved in the process. Passing the buck. Using an old college buddy from a Canadian company to build the website without even bidding for the job. ETC!!!!!!!!!!

If it makes you sleep better and LOL more then you go right ahead living in your fantasy land that thinks any opposing view is based on mob mentality.

Comment

I've been reading this thread almost from the beginning... you guys are going nowhere!

All I see from the anti-Obama crowd is the same old rhetoric, railing against the ACA! Absolutely no recognition of the problem and totally blind to the fact that the problem with healthcare and the extreme inflation of it all was long before any of you ever heard Obama's name!

Look at the facts... the inflation of health care costs have been far higher than anything else in this country and there are NO controls and every attempt at any discussion has been blocked by MOSTLY the Republican party.

The highest cost to doing business in this country, IS health care for employees! Serious discusssion of that cost and ways to deal with it are a constant and ever growing concern for doing business, especially manufacturing, in this country.... AND, it is one of the major reasons why so many industries are 'offshoring', especially to China!

On of the most profitable industries in the U.S. is health care! All you have to do is look around your local city or town to see the evidence of that. Here in my own city, the population has dropped to almost half of what it used to be. There are abandoned factories (or lots where factories used to be) in almost every square mile. Yet, the number of pharmacies have increased ten-fold. The hospitals have expanded and are more than double the size they were thirty years ago. There are now more than thirty "medical centers" or specialty offices where thirty years ago there were less than six in the entire area.

A Doctor's visit used to cost $6 (1973) and health insurance for my family or three was less than $100 a month. Today, my Doctor costs $174 and that doesn't count any testing (a blood test and analysis adds another $150).

Used to be if you broke a bone, it was simple matter of an X-ray, maybe a splint of a cast and you walked out with significantly less than $100 in expense. Today the doctor wants you to do an MRI ($1800 or more), multiple visits, and then they get pissed if you don't go for physical therapy ($300 or more an hour).

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with the ACA!

The problem with all of this is that not only can't the average working guy afford this, but neither can his or her employer. People without insurance simply go to the emergency ward, or they don't attend to the their misery at all.... which may lead to serious complications and then HAVE to go to the hospital for surgery or worse.

Companies cannot contend with the ever increasing cost of medical expenses and/or health insurance which is beyond control and certainly beyond serious planning. The alternative for many industries is to simply get out of the country!

The only question here, IS why can't any of you so-called conservatives see this??

Admittedly, Obama care is not perfect. It's roll-out is a mess. But it is better than doing nothing, which seems to be the hallmark of Republican action. We've gone much too long with our government doing absolutely nothing. People are going bankrupt, much of industry has left, and those who still try to provide heath insurance are going broke trying to do so.

So where are any of your suggestions to fixing this (actually where is even your recognition). NHM seems to be one of the very few here who has any knowledge whatsoever of the problem and the challenge of it. Most of you seem to be good at nothing more than 'throwing rocks' at the situation. It's ridiculous and a damn good reason to not participate in this going-no-where conversation.

CWS

Comment

CWS....why don't YOU actually respond to this since NHM is incapable.

A friend on Facebook that hates both parties posted this:

Let's briefly recap the broad strokes of the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare):

1)The Affordable Care Act originated in the United States Senate (remember this -- it's important).

2)The legislation itself, in addition to the new regulatory rules, amounts to over 30,000 pages.

3)Neither the President nor a single person in Congress read the bill in its entirety in large part because the regulatory details had to be worked out AFTER the legislation was passed.

4)The President assured the American people that everyone (that means everyone) who currently has health insurance would be able to keep it. Both the Administration and the Democratic Congressional leadership has admitted that, behind closed doors, they knew some people would have their coverage dropped.

5)The ACA goes before the Supreme Court which rules, contrary to the Administration's own arguments before the court, that the ACA is Constitutional ONLY because it constitutes a 'tax.'

6)Nonetheless, the United States Constitution specifies in Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 that ALL revenue bills (including revenue generating bills) MUST originate in the House of Representatives. Remember when I said the bill originated in the Senate and that the Supreme Court ruled the ACA is a tax?

7)The Administration had years of preparation before the enrollment website went live to ensure a smooth process for those Americans wanting to enroll or being compelled to enroll by law. By every metric and measure, the enrollment system has been an absolute unmitigated disaster with not one person in the Administration taking any responsibility for the massive foul-up.

8. A small cadre of Republicans who have long warned on the mismanagement of the ACA were successful in shutting down the government with the intention of forcing Democrats to work with them on fixing many of the problems with the ACA and the enrollment process. The Administration refused to negotiate regardless of the fact that it is the Constitutional right of Congress to establish the budget.

9. Democrats refuse to negotiate on the budget for final implementation of the ACA blaming the shut down on Republicans and lambasting their concerns over the ACA.

10. Millions of Americans are losing their health insurance because their existing health plans are not compliant with the established regulations of the ACA forcing insurance companies to discontinue those plans. Many more are seeing their insurance costs increase because their plans must now include components that are both unwanted and unnecessary. This is a problem the President knew would exist while assuring the American people that they would be able to keep their existing plans.

11. As a result of enrollment issues, increasing cost of premiums, and dropped coverage, the ACA is collapsing. It's doing so under the weight of 30,000+ pages of a poorly conceived, poorly written, and poorly executed piece of legislation that nobody in the government read prior to passage.

12. This collapse has left the Administration and Congressional Democrats scrambling to find a solution to the problem. Their solution? Arbitrarily change the law without Congressional approval adopting several of the changes that Republicans called for during the shut down making the shut down entirely unnecessary if Democrats had just agreed to several weeks ago what they are now proposing themselves. So who was truly at fault for the shut down? Ask yourself that question.

The hallmark piece of legislation for one of the most disastrous Presidents in American history is going down in flames, and it couldn't please me more.

Comment

Give me a break. You haven't offered a solution other than blindly following a known liar off a cliff.

Wisdom isn't always knowing what to do. It is often knowing what won't work. Lying to the public. Bypassing the structure for passing laws. Demonizing those that want to be involved in the process. Passing the buck. Using an old college buddy from a Canadian company to build the website without even bidding for the job. ETC!!!!!!!!!!

If it makes you sleep better and LOL more then you go right ahead living in your fantasy land that thinks any opposing view is based on mob mentality.
              So......NOTHING!

It's not enough to have an opposing view without understanding why. and you, and thousands of others that drink the kool aid daily refuse to educate yourselves past what your mentors tell you to believe.

Carefully read CW's post above. It's spot on.
              sigpic

Comment

The only rational response is that we the taxpayers cannot afford healthcare for all, simple! The law gets repealed and things go back to the way they were. The bigger crisis is the economy, not lack of healthcare. People are going to die regardless of coverage, and we need to accept that fact. Encourage folks to eat healthy and exercise and you will save more lives that this law. Realistically we must stay with a broken healthcare system because we can't afford to fix it in this economy. I don't understand how folks can be so ignorant of that fact as to think just because a law is passed that it can be funded and work? If you were planning to remodel your kitchen with upgrades and you lost your job, would you rethink your plans or go into financial crisis? The money is not there for this law, or many other entitlements. We need more people working full time good paying jobs, and we need more people dying to reduce those burdening a failing system. Grow up and accept the reality of our doomed situation. Stop making a fool of yourself by ignoring the economics involved and repeating what soemone told you is correct. Grow up, life sometimes requires tough decisions in order to save lives. I refer back to the life boat about to sink, do you keep bringing more people aboard and sink it? Your choice.

Comment

I'll just go ahead and say it...I'm sick of liberals thinking they are the only one's that are compassionate.

My family has been involved in ministry helping the homeless for many years. That is the reason I used that topic for my analogy. We had just spent time as a family working downtown with others.

Quit thinking that stealing from others to give to the poor is the best you can do. Get off you fat behinds and get your hands dirty. Stop telling me that I don't care about others because I know a train wreck when I see one. I show I care by helping people for real, not by talking out my behind.

Quit thinking you've cornered the market on caring just because you'll make any change even if it's wrong.

Comment

CWS....why don't YOU actually respond to this since NHM is incapable.
                    I'll gladly respond to it. It is a list of complaints and problems put together to discredit the legislation and the administration. For what it is, it's useless information that does nothing to solve the problem. It's yet another attempt to discredit the administration and play the blame game.. Are you smart enough to know who the real losers are?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                      I've been reading this thread almost from the beginning... you guys are going nowhere!

All I see from the anti-Obama crowd is the same old rhetoric, railing against the ACA! Absolutely no recognition of the problem and totally blind to the fact that the problem with healthcare and the extreme inflation of it all was long before any of you ever heard Obama's name!

Look at the facts... the inflation of health care costs have been far higher than anything else in this country and there are NO controls and every attempt at any discussion has been blocked by MOSTLY the Republican party.

The highest cost to doing business in this country, IS health care for employees! Serious discusssion of that cost and ways to deal with it are a constant and ever growing concern for doing business, especially manufacturing, in this country.... AND, it is one of the major reasons why so many industries are 'offshoring', especially to China!

On of the most profitable industries in the U.S. is health care! All you have to do is look around your local city or town to see the evidence of that. Here in my own city, the population has dropped to almost half of what it used to be. There are abandoned factories (or lots where factories used to be) in almost every square mile. Yet, the number of pharmacies have increased ten-fold. The hospitals have expanded and are more than double the size they were thirty years ago. There are now more than thirty "medical centers" or specialty offices where thirty years ago there were less than six in the entire area.

A Doctor's visit used to cost $6 (1973) and health insurance for my family or three was less than $100 a month. Today, my Doctor costs $174 and that doesn't count any testing (a blood test and analysis adds another $150).

Used to be if you broke a bone, it was simple matter of an X-ray, maybe a splint of a cast and you walked out with significantly less than $100 in expense. Today the doctor wants you to do an MRI ($1800 or more), multiple visits, and then they get pissed if you don't go for physical therapy ($300 or more an hour).

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with the ACA!

The problem with all of this is that not only can't the average working guy afford this, but neither can his or her employer. People without insurance simply go to the emergency ward, or they don't attend to the their misery at all.... which may lead to serious complications and then HAVE to go to the hospital for surgery or worse.

Companies cannot contend with the ever increasing cost of medical expenses and/or health insurance which is beyond control and certainly beyond serious planning. The alternative for many industries is to simply get out of the country!

The only question here, IS why can't any of you so-called conservatives see this??

Admittedly, Obama care is not perfect. It's roll-out is a mess. But it is better than doing nothing, which seems to be the hallmark of Republican action. We've gone much too long with our government doing absolutely nothing. People are going bankrupt, much of industry has left, and those who still try to provide heath insurance are going broke trying to do so.

So where are any of your suggestions to fixing this (actually where is even your recognition). NHM seems to be one of the very few here who has any knowledge whatsoever of the problem and the challenge of it. Most of you seem to be good at nothing more than 'throwing rocks' at the situation. It's ridiculous and a damn good reason to not participate in this going-no-where conversation.

CWS
                      Well, I consider myself an open minded conservative. I recognized the problem years ago and the position it would get too. Which it has. I don't have a solution that will be implemented.

I don't concur with you, however, that "doing something" is better than doing nothing or letting it continue down the path it has been on. While the path it was on is a mess in my opinion, the new path is an equal mess. Just a different mess.

P.S. The solutions I've proposed were three things that likely will never happen:

1) A national healthcare system such as Canada and/or Australia.

2) Make it illegal for any employer or government to provide health insurance. Everyone pays for their own if they want it. Everyone. No politician, law enforcement, sanitation, etc. etc. are provided any health insurance at all. Google, GM, IBM, Apple, or any other private entity cannot supply any health insurance either. Then let the rules of capitalism take it's course. It would be interesting to see the majority of people to begin seeking employment based on pay rather than benefits again.

3) Outlaw health insurance completely. No mysterious codes for them to put into the system annually. No lobbying. No crazy denials. No crazy approvals. None of the piles of inefficient B.S. that causes it all. Again, capitalism of supply & demand will force the healthcare system to adjust. They won't have a choice.

Then you'll see that $100,000.00 surgical procedure drop to $10,000.00. Payment plans like buying a car. Promotions of "Zero Percent financing for 12 months on all joint replacements!" MRI's for $150.00. Specials on X-Rays for $100.00.

I long for 2 & 3 and the Anarchy it could bring. I know it won't happen though. Majority of Conservatives, Liberals, Progressives, Regressives, Tea Partiers, & Libertarian's are puzzies when push comes to shove.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        So......NOTHING!

It's not enough to have an opposing view without understanding why. and you, and thousands of others that drink the kool aid daily refuse to educate yourselves past what your mentors tell you to believe.

Carefully read CW's post above. It's spot on.
                        When you carefully read things around here you can start advising.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          The only rational response is that we the taxpayers cannot afford healthcare for all, simple! The law gets repealed and things go back to the way they were. The bigger crisis is the economy, not lack of healthcare. People are going to die regardless of coverage, and we need to accept that fact. Encourage folks to eat healthy and exercise and you will save more lives that this law. Realistically we must stay with a broken healthcare system because we can't afford to fix it in this economy. I don't understand how folks can be so ignorant of that fact as to think just because a law is passed that it can be funded and work? If you were planning to remodel your kitchen with upgrades and you lost your job, would you rethink your plans or go into financial crisis? The money is not there for this law, or many other entitlements. We need more people working full time good paying jobs, and we need more people dying to reduce those burdening a failing system. Grow up and accept the reality of our doomed situation. Stop making a fool of yourself by ignoring the economics involved and repeating what soemone told you is correct. Grow up, life sometimes requires tough decisions in order to save lives. I refer back to the life boat about to sink, do you keep bringing more people aboard and sink it? Your choice.
                          The only response I have here is that the entire post is patently wrong. Your ignorance on this issue is astounding.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            I'll gladly respond to it. It is a list of complaints and problems put together to discredit the legislation and the administration. For what it is, it's useless information that does nothing to solve the problem. It's yet another attempt to discredit the administration and play the blame game.. Are you smart enough to know who the real losers are?
                            Yeah.....you would think it's useless. Facts and truth are pesky things.

Comment

I'll just go ahead and say it...I'm sick of liberals thinking they are the only one's that are compassionate.

My family has been involved in ministry helping the homeless for many years. That is the reason I used that topic for my analogy. We had just spent time as a family working downtown with others.

Quit thinking that stealing from others to give to the poor is the best you can do. Get off you fat behinds and get your hands dirty. Stop telling me that I don't care about others because I know a train wreck when I see one. I show I care by helping people for real, not by talking out my behind.

Quit thinking you've cornered the market on caring just because you'll make any change even if it's wrong.
                              What in hell does compassion have to do with this? Although giving folks affordable healthcare is in some ways compassionate the real benefit will be to our economy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah.....you would think it's useless. Facts and truth are pesky things.

You really don't have anything worthwhile to contribute do you? It's beginning to be comical. You might want to consider quitting while you're still behind LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X