Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Affordable Care Act

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    You really don't have anything worthwhile to contribute do you? It's beginning to be comical. You might want to consider quitting while you're still behind LOL
    You just don't even realize that I could say this exact quote to you and it would be spot on.

Please look on the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
      Well, I consider myself an open minded conservative. I recognized the problem years ago and the position it would get too. Which it has. I don't have a solution that will be implemented.

I don't concur with you, however, that "doing something" is better than doing nothing or letting it continue down the path it has been on. While the path it was on is a mess in my opinion, the new path is an equal mess. Just a different mess.

P.S. The solutions I've proposed were three things that likely will never happen:

1) A national healthcare system such as Canada and/or Australia.

2) Make it illegal for any employer or government to provide health insurance. Everyone pays for their own if they want it. Everyone. No politician, law enforcement, sanitation, etc. etc. are provided any health insurance at all. Google, GM, IBM, Apple, or any other private entity cannot supply any health insurance either. Then let the rules of capitalism take it's course. It would be interesting to see the majority of people to begin seeking employment based on pay rather than benefits again.

3) Outlaw health insurance completely. No mysterious codes for them to put into the system annually. No lobbying. No crazy denials. No crazy approvals. None of the piles of inefficient B.S. that causes it all. Again, capitalism of supply & demand will force the healthcare system to adjust. They won't have a choice.

Then you'll see that $100,000.00 surgical procedure drop to $10,000.00. Payment plans like buying a car. Promotions of "Zero Percent financing for 12 months on all joint replacements!" MRI's for $150.00. Specials on X-Rays for $100.00.

I long for 2 & 3 and the Anarchy it could bring. I know it won't happen though. Majority of Conservatives, Liberals, Progressives, Regressives, Tea Partiers, & Libertarian's are puzzies when push comes to shove.
      Interesting solutions bob but you know that none of those things will ever happen and it's one of the reasons why the conservatives have lost so much credibility on the issue. The American public, on the whole is neither conservative or liberal. Most are somewhere in the middle. Radical solutions and solutions that are unconstitutional, which most of yours are just ain't going to fly with the electorate.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
        You just don't even realize that I could say this exact quote to you and it would be spot on.

Please look on the mirror.
        No, I don't realize it. Again, post your solutions to the issue.......LOL. You remind me of my kids fighting in the back seat. I'm close to hitting the ignore button on you. Maybe you should hit it on me 1st. LOL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          Well, I consider myself an open minded conservative. I recognized the problem years ago and the position it would get too. Which it has. I don't have a solution that will be implemented.

I don't concur with you, however, that "doing something" is better than doing nothing or letting it continue down the path it has been on. While the path it was on is a mess in my opinion, the new path is an equal mess. Just a different mess.

P.S. The solutions I've proposed were three things that likely will never happen:

1) A national healthcare system such as Canada and/or Australia.

2) Make it illegal for any employer or government to provide health insurance. Everyone pays for their own if they want it. Everyone. No politician, law enforcement, sanitation, etc. etc. are provided any health insurance at all. Google, GM, IBM, Apple, or any other private entity cannot supply any health insurance either. Then let the rules of capitalism take it's course. It would be interesting to see the majority of people to begin seeking employment based on pay rather than benefits again.

3) Outlaw health insurance completely. No mysterious codes for them to put into the system annually. No lobbying. No crazy denials. No crazy approvals. None of the piles of inefficient B.S. that causes it all. Again, capitalism of supply & demand will force the healthcare system to adjust. They won't have a choice.

Then you'll see that $100,000.00 surgical procedure drop to $10,000.00. Payment plans like buying a car. Promotions of "Zero Percent financing for 12 months on all joint replacements!" MRI's for $150.00. Specials on X-Rays for $100.00.

I long for 2 & 3 and the Anarchy it could bring. I know it won't happen though. Majority of Conservatives, Liberals, Progressives, Regressives, Tea Partiers, & Libertarian's are puzzies when push comes to shove.
          I have lived in a country that has 1) - namely the UK - and it works fairly well. Sure it has problems like any other system but typically the money for the setup comes out of your taxes and then doctor's visits, surgical procedures etc are done at no cost to you. You do pay for prescriptions but it is a flat rate of about $10 regardless of the medication. Hospitals, doctor's offices etc are not even setup to take money. Interestingly there are a number of private hospitals and private insurance is also available for those who want it and can pay for it. But for those who don't the NHS system is available. I did hear recently that they have put a stop to expats living in places like the US going back there for treatment due to the affordability issue here which is fair enough since expats typically don't pay taxes there.

Comment

full of sound and fury.....signifying nothing
            NHM....William Shakespeare knew you before we did.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Interesting solutions bob but you know that none of those things will ever happen and it's one of the reasons why the conservatives have lost so much credibility on the issue. The American public, on the whole is neither conservative or liberal. Most are somewhere in the middle. Radical solutions and solutions that are unconstitutional, which most of yours are just ain't going to fly with the electorate.
              I think that ALL have lost credibility on the issues. Anyone can focus on any group with apparent like ideology and pick it apart. I see them as a complete group of failure.

Solutions that are not aligned with the interests of the electorate are what will not fly. Radicalness or unconstitutionality have nothing to do with it, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                I've been reading this thread almost from the beginning... you guys are going nowhere!

All I see from the anti-Obama crowd is the same old rhetoric, railing against the ACA! Absolutely no recognition of the problem and totally blind to the fact that the problem with healthcare and the extreme inflation of it all was long before any of you ever heard Obama's name!

Look at the facts... the inflation of health care costs have been far higher than anything else in this country and there are NO controls and every attempt at any discussion has been blocked by MOSTLY the Republican party.

The highest cost to doing business in this country, IS health care for employees! Serious discusssion of that cost and ways to deal with it are a constant and ever growing concern for doing business, especially manufacturing, in this country.... AND, it is one of the major reasons why so many industries are 'offshoring', especially to China!

On of the most profitable industries in the U.S. is health care! All you have to do is look around your local city or town to see the evidence of that. Here in my own city, the population has dropped to almost half of what it used to be. There are abandoned factories (or lots where factories used to be) in almost every square mile. Yet, the number of pharmacies have increased ten-fold. The hospitals have expanded and are more than double the size they were thirty years ago. There are now more than thirty "medical centers" or specialty offices where thirty years ago there were less than six in the entire area.

A Doctor's visit used to cost $6 (1973) and health insurance for my family or three was less than $100 a month. Today, my Doctor costs $174 and that doesn't count any testing (a blood test and analysis adds another $150).

Used to be if you broke a bone, it was simple matter of an X-ray, maybe a splint of a cast and you walked out with significantly less than $100 in expense. Today the doctor wants you to do an MRI ($1800 or more), multiple visits, and then they get pissed if you don't go for physical therapy ($300 or more an hour).

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with the ACA!

The problem with all of this is that not only can't the average working guy afford this, but neither can his or her employer. People without insurance simply go to the emergency ward, or they don't attend to the their misery at all.... which may lead to serious complications and then HAVE to go to the hospital for surgery or worse.

Companies cannot contend with the ever increasing cost of medical expenses and/or health insurance which is beyond control and certainly beyond serious planning. The alternative for many industries is to simply get out of the country!

The only question here, IS why can't any of you so-called conservatives see this??

Admittedly, Obama care is not perfect. It's roll-out is a mess. But it is better than doing nothing, which seems to be the hallmark of Republican action. We've gone much too long with our government doing absolutely nothing. People are going bankrupt, much of industry has left, and those who still try to provide heath insurance are going broke trying to do so.

So where are any of your suggestions to fixing this (actually where is even your recognition). NHM seems to be one of the very few here who has any knowledge whatsoever of the problem and the challenge of it. Most of you seem to be good at nothing more than 'throwing rocks' at the situation. It's ridiculous and a damn good reason to not participate in this going-no-where conversation.

CWS
                Well said. In my area the three major hospitals have quadrupled their space in the past 10 years. We have a 5 mile stretch of road that is 90% health care facilities! both sides of the road. We are care givers for a mentally challenged woman. She has type one diabetes. She contracted a foot infection last year. Twice weekly she had to go to special procedures for intravenous antibiotics. The cost of the medicine alone was 15 thousand dollars, each time and she went in for two months. That's 240 thousand for you mathematically challenged. But, the system is fine the way it is. LOL. Well not really. It's hard to laugh at something so tragically screwed up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue_can View Post
                  I have lived in a country that has 1) - namely the UK - and it works fairly well. Sure it has problems like any other system but typically the money for the setup comes out of your taxes and then doctor's visits, surgical procedures etc are done at no cost to you. You do pay for prescriptions but it is a flat rate of about $10 regardless of the medication. Hospitals, doctor's offices etc are not even setup to take money. Interestingly there are a number of private hospitals and private insurance is also available for those who want it and can pay for it. But for those who don't the NHS system is available. I did hear recently that they have put a stop to expats living in places like the US going back there for treatment due to the affordability issue here which is fair enough since expats typically don't pay taxes there.
                  I have quite a few friends that live in the UK and most say the same thing. Not perfect but certainly better than it used to be. Some say that the UK's healthcare system helped so shore up the lagging economy over there too.
                  sigpic

Comment

NHM....William Shakespeare knew you before we did.
                    You're not helping Texas's reputation LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

The day Texas cares what New Hampshire thinks will be a cold one in hell.

Comment

I have not read this whole thread, but I wanted to share my experience.

This new law has kept me from getting needed refills on my meds. I been taking the Lovenox for some time now with out any issues of my current pharmacy copayment plan by CareMark along with a few other meds. Just recently CareMark could not authorize the payment for my meds due to some red tape in the ACA that requires the doctor to fill out a pre-authorization form along with other paperwork. So for the last two months Instead of paying $80.00 for my total meds, I now I have to pay $1200.00 till the paperwork gets sorted out.

To me this law was misnamed. It does nothing to make health care affordable. It should of been named Healthcare Redtape and Tax Act
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

One more thing, I keep hearing the talking heads (news outlets) stating people that have lost their current health insurance due to the ACA had subpar or junk health insurance. This irks me to no end.

The reason lots of people are losing their healthcare, is their current care doesn't have the required coverage's, in many cases are not needed by the person. The ACA states that everyone no mater their age or ability to give birth must have maternity coverage to help pay for those that do need the coverage and there are other things added to coverage's that are not needed by many that is required in the ACA. So to meet the requirements set by the ACA, the insurance companies have to cancel all these policies which happen to fit perfect for the needs of the people that have them.

Also when they say the law makes all plans equal and to fit your needs, is basically saying we are to dumb to get what we need.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                            One more thing, I keep hearing the talking heads (news outlets) stating people that have lost their current health insurance due to the ACA had subpar or junk health insurance. This irks me to no end.

The reason lots of people are losing their healthcare, is their current care doesn't have the required coverage's, in many cases are not needed by the person. The ACA states that everyone no mater their age or ability to give birth must have maternity coverage to help pay for those that do need the coverage and there are other things added to coverage's that are not needed by many that is required in the ACA. So to meet the requirements set by the ACA, the insurance companies have to cancel all these policies which happen to fit perfect for the needs of the people that have them.

Also when they say the law makes all plans equal and to fit your needs, is basically saying we are to dumb to get what we need.
                            Ron, very sorry for what you are going through. According to NHM you are either a liar or somehow scamming the system, which I don't believe. The President lied about keeping our plans, lied about folks saving $2500 on average. The law is destined to fail, if not the economy will collapse much sooner. Good luck, Frank.

Comment

The day Texas cares what New Hampshire thinks will be a cold one in hell.
                              No offense, but the day "Texas" cares about what any state thinks would be a miracle, IMO. They seem to be at the forefront of a lot of this country's poorest examples. Everything from re-writing text books to denying proper healthcare for women, and minorities. I'm of the impression that too much of Texas is still back in an early 1800's mindset when power and belligerence were the two keys to making your place on the land.

CWS

Comment

And for all their blustering, Texas is one of the states that receives the most federal money.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X