Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Affordable Care Act

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    It varies a bunch but the average is said to be $6.64.

McDonalds Big Mac Meal prices

Mark
    Well last week it cost me $8.65 for what is called a big Mac meal for a big mac large fries and a large diet coke which is qiute reasonable which gives Maca`s billions in profit per year and pays the Australian worked a basic wage of $16.37/ hour now what is unreasonable about that as everyone cannot be the boss you have to have workers to do the jobs others don`t want and their has to be a fair wage and $7.00/ hour is not fair its slave labour and I thought the US abolished slavery in 1865 but evidently not.
    What has happened in the US and Australia over the last forty years is we don`t want to do the meanial work as we think it is below us so the illegal imigrants forefills our need to do these jobs
    What is the basic wage in the US and what is the average wage

Tony

Tony

Comment

Forty years ago the only ones who worked at places like McDonalds were kids as a part time job while attending school. Now all of a sudden some want a "living" wage and to join a union.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Forty years ago the only ones who worked at places like McDonalds were kids as a part time job while attending school. Now all of a sudden some want a "living" wage and to join a union.

Mark
        Mark, take a look at the folks doing those jobs these days. I see a lot of family people, a lot of folks who were retired but forced back into the workplace because ponzi schemes or other fradulent behavior took their life savings. Don't forget the inflation factor hitting those adult, not high school workers, forty years ago a gallon of milk or gasoline did not cost $4.00. Rent for a single bedroom apt in my town averages $1200.00 a month.The high school kids working those jobs won't qualify for food stamps and other entitments, but the adults supporting families will. Either the highly profitable corporations pay better or we tax payers make up the difference for their housing, food and other costs. I believe the inflation and our dysfunctional economy is at the root of the problem not the reactionary low income workers or the demon Unions, but I sure won't convince anyone here. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Mark, take a look at the folks doing those jobs these days. I see a lot of family people, a lot of folks who were retired but forced back into the workplace because ponzi schemes or other fradulent behavior took their life savings. Don't forget the inflation factor hitting those adult, not high school workers, forty years ago a gallon of milk or gasoline did not cost $4.00. Rent for a single bedroom apt in my town averages $1200.00 a month.The high school kids working those jobs won't qualify for food stamps and other entitments, but the adults supporting families will. Either the highly profitable corporations pay better or we tax payers make up the difference for their housing, food and other costs. I believe the inflation and our dysfunctional economy is at the root of the problem not the reactionary low income workers or the demon Unions, but I sure won't convince anyone here. Frank
          I hear you Frank but the business models of those restaurants was not meant to have union employees making $15 per hour. The fact that they are jobs which are easy to get and take zero skills, has made them attractive people other than kids. Where do you imagine those employees would end up if all of a sudden those were union jobs making $15 per hour?

Mark

Comment

couple of thoughts on the subject
            how is it legal, to compell me to go on a web site, under threat of a fine/tax to give out my social and id information to hackers. on a site that you your self, have declared unsafe for hacking and ID theft ..how is that legal or right..

for all yall that have signed up to the unaffordable care act, heed this.....if your state has opted out of the exchange.. then the substidies that you think you will get..you wont!
            you will pay the full price..there is a paragraph that was uncovered today 12/12/13.....if your states opts out..you dont get squat!!!

if you like your dr you can keep him..PERIOD..well no i really didnt not mean that....if you were born on a monday and then sunday you were born again then you still would not get to keep your dr........
            if you like your insurance you can keep it..PERIOD....you really believe that? you guys are dumber than i thought!!! we just said that to get elected
            na na na na..and you cant do anything about it!!!!11
            the lies go on and on......
            I like it like that !
            and, It's like that now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

2/3rds of McDonalds employees are women with an average age of 32. So mostly unskilled housewives with a kids in school. The kids working there can only work after school and weekends. Other than the managers, the three Micky d's in this area appear to have no men over the age of 25 or so.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what is surprising. The government likes to reward doing nothing. Why wouldn't they overly compensate those with a limited skillset?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  2/3rds of McDonalds employees are women with an average age of 32. So mostly unskilled housewives with a kids in school. The kids working there can only work after school and weekends. Other than the managers, the three Micky d's in this area appear to have no men over the age of 25 or so.
                  If we use your stats, I bet plenty of those avg age of 32 women are supportin children. We either get the wealthy corps to pay better or we the taxpayers make up the difference through entitlements. I don't beleive those jobs require "zero" skills, the cashiers are paid double at Costco and other places and those businesses are doing fine. I think it comes down to profit, and I don't want to support more folks than I need to so some of these corps can make more profits. I would also like to see big oil make less profit so folks can afford to commute and still spend their money supporting other businesses trying to survive. There are a lot of small businesses going under because working folks are getting hurt at the pump, at the food store, and through higher taxes to support others.

Comment

If we use your stats, I bet plenty of those avg age of 32 women are supportin children. We either get the wealthy corps to pay better or we the taxpayers make up the difference through entitlements. I don't beleive those jobs require "zero" skills, the cashiers are paid double at Costco and other places and those businesses are doing fine. I think it comes down to profit, and I don't want to support more folks than I need to so some of these corps can make more profits. I would also like to see big oil make less profit so folks can afford to commute and still spend their money supporting other businesses trying to survive. There are a lot of small businesses going under because working folks are getting hurt at the pump, at the food store, and through higher taxes to support others.
                    I have a friend who owns a couple of Micki D's so I am curious just what skill sets you think are required to get a job there? Sharon Stone and Jay Leno both worked there as kids but did not consider it as their career. There is a reason they have a 150% turnover rate in their employment. These are starter jobs to help you learn skills until you find a real job.

Mark

Comment

Back in 2000, the average age of a Mcdonald's worker was 22, 42% were under the age of 20. Mcdonald's oldest worker is 92 years old and says she took the job so she could visit with people.

Mark

Comment

1st sensible post I've read from you in a long time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mark, Cashiers at Costco earn more than twice the mickey d workers and they not only take orders, make change, but have to hustle to get the order filled. I don't consider it a highly skilled job, but I don't assume it is a mindless effort either. You never addressed my comments regarding who makes up the inadequate salaries? The adults working these jobs and supporting themselves and their families are not going to find the time, money, or opportunity to find other jobs. If you are fine with us taxpayers paying for the entitlements to close the gap getween salary and reality, then I assume you would not consider having employers pay more. I just think while business owners are entitled to earn a profit, workers, even those doing these jobs are entitled to a living wage. We don't live in a thriving society with good paying full time jobs. The jobs have been outsourced, more and more working folks are losing their jobs and seeing their expenses skyrocket at the pump, food store and now healthcare! We here can have different opinions on these subjects, and their impact but I feel they contribute to further dysfunction rather than problem solving.

Comment

1st sensible post I've read from you in a long time.
                            NHM, my opinions seem sensible to you but not my conclusions. Business owners, corporations, Big Oil, are not going to cut their profits. Taxpayers can't possibly keep making up for the entitlement spending. Your criticism of my doom and gloom predictions are baseless if you can't contradict the reality of all these issues. In my opinion good sense is taking an honest look at things and if there are no plans to make changes that improve them, have the backbone to call it as it is.

Comment

Mark, Cashiers at Costco earn more than twice the mickey d workers and they not only take orders, make change, but have to hustle to get the order filled. I don't consider it a highly skilled job, but I don't assume it is a mindless effort either. You never addressed my comments regarding who makes up the inadequate salaries? The adults working these jobs and supporting themselves and their families are not going to find the time, money, or opportunity to find other jobs. If you are fine with us taxpayers paying for the entitlements to close the gap getween salary and reality, then I assume you would not consider having employers pay more. I just think while business owners are entitled to earn a profit, workers, even those doing these jobs are entitled to a living wage. We don't live in a thriving society with good paying full time jobs. The jobs have been outsourced, more and more working folks are losing their jobs and seeing their expenses skyrocket at the pump, food store and now healthcare! We here can have different opinions on these subjects, and their impact but I feel they contribute to further dysfunction rather than problem solving.
                              Actually, Glassdoor reports cashiers at Costco make $11.80 per hours versus McDonald's at $7.76 so it is closer to 1.5 times the amount. That said, the cashier at Costco still make $3.20 less per hour than what the McDonald's cashiers were striking for. While I have not been to a McDonald's in years, I can't imagine their ability to deliver what you ordered has improved any. I have however been to a Costco and they are night and day above McDonald's employees.

As for addressing "inadequate salaries" that is your perception, not mine. I'm not sure when the last time you looked for a job was but the way it works is you apply for a job knowing what you compensation will be. If you feel they are offering "inadequate salaries", you tell them no thanks and you look for a different job which pays what you feel you are worth. These jobs are not now nor were the ever meant to pay a "living wage". The reason people take jobs that pay minimum wage is to get experience and build skill sets so they can get a better job. Why not raise the minimum wage to $30 per hour and full benefits?

MarK
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-12-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

The minimum salary always restabilizes/adjusts and provides the same as before. Basic economics.

Comment

Working...
                                X