Obamacare Success!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obamacare Success!?

NHM... I can't figure out why you have the "don't tread on me" flag in your signature....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      NHM... I can't figure out why you have the "don't tread on me" flag in your signature....
      Start with pre-colonial history and keep reading. Keep the word "progressive" in the back of your mind while you are at it LOL.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        ...of course the above definition does not apply to the Affordable Care Act unless it is someone elses money.

Mark
        680 billion for 2011
        Military budget of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now what can't we afford? LOL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          680 billion for 2011

Our non-defense discretionary spending of $615,000,000,000.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

680 billion for 2011

Mr. Banker, I went further into debt last year. Now what can't I afford? Sounds stupid doesn't it? NHM, it's no different for the federal government. Increasing debt that could not be paid does not justify more debt that can't be paid. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a darn good plumbing educator, but you don't demonstrate a good working knowledge of finances. Trying to justify past overspending as an argument for future overspending is embarassing. Sorry.

Comment

The United States isn't Joe Citizen. What part of that don't you understand? The entire economy is based on the faith in our government. The united states is its own creditor. Here, read for awhile and lower your blood pressure. You speak as though this issue is something new. It's not. America has seen far more desperate times than these. Relatively speaking, we are doing pretty good.

A History of the U.S. Economy
              sigpic

Comment

The United States isn't Joe Citizen. What part of that don't you understand? The entire economy is based on the faith in our government. The united states is its own creditor. Here, read for awhile and lower your blood pressure. You speak as though this issue is something new. It's not. America has seen far more desperate times than these. Relatively speaking, we are doing pretty good.

A History of the U.S. Economy
                Actually it has more to do with the ability to tax citizens. As long as some are successful and making money, they will carry the others. Some don't find that very fair.

Mark

Comment

Only 46% of income is derived from personal income tax revenues and of that 46% most is collected from those making a hundred grand or more. The majority of folks pay no income tax whatsoever.
                  sigpic

Comment

Only 46% of income is derived from personal income tax revenues and of that 46% most is collected from those making a hundred grand or more. The majority of folks pay no income tax whatsoever.
                    I'm not sure if you are saying that is a good thing or a bad thing? A tax is a tax irrespective of the source.

Mark

Comment

680 billion for 2011

Whats your point? I've been just as critical of military spending as I have been any other spending. Lets face reality here, federal spending and control needs to be reigned in, and yeah, it may hurt some for a few, but over all, we will be better off! Isn't that the whole mantra we hear from the left, that its for the greater good? Well, right back at ya!
                      Last edited by Alphacowboy; 10-13-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

First off, the federal government is not a person buying a car or electronics and comparing the two is pure nonsense.
                        Second, I find it humerous that since it appears that the democrats are not going to capitulate to Teddy and his merry band of idiots, the best they now have is to complain that thousands of folks are jamming up the web site trying to get coverage that the idiots claimed nobody wanted. At any rate though, all this ridiculous rhetoric is near word for word from Limbaugh, Hanity and Beck. In fact, its all they have talked about for a week now. Fortunately though, most folks see through the nonsense. I predict a republican spanking in the mid-term elections.

As for affording ACA, affordable health care will free up billions of dollars that folks will have to spend on stuff that gets the economy going.
                        But....you believe the lies, omissions and half truths the rabid right tells you instead of the facts. 99% of what I read printed here and elswhere about ACA is pure crap and speculation with no basis in truth.
                        Could you expand/explain this further?

Comment

If the debt doesn't matter then defaulting won't cause a problem. The debt does matter, defaulting will be a big problem. NHM, it all matters, stop trying to make baseless excuses for overspending. Faith? You better believe the bill will come due. I know the fed is not a private citizen, and you must know how ridiculous your arguments of massive debt justifying more debt seem to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                            Whats your point? I've been just as critical of military spending as I have been any other spending. Lets face reality here, federal spending and control needs to be reigned in, and yeah, it may hurt some for a few, but over all, we will be better off! Isn't that the whole mantra we hear from the left, that its for the greater good? Well, right back at ya!
                            As long as you are not under the misconception that the republicans are the party to reign in spending, then we are agreed. Republicans are responsible for just as much spending as the democrats are.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              If the debt doesn't matter then defaulting won't cause a problem. The debt does matter, defaulting will be a big problem. NHM, it all matters, stop trying to make baseless excuses for overspending. Faith? You better believe the bill will come due. I know the fed is not a private citizen, and you must know how ridiculous your arguments of massive debt justifying more debt seem to others.
                              Defaulting will never happen. Debt has been a part of this government for a couple hundred years with the exception of a single year in 1853 if I recall correctly. I'm not making excuses either, just telling you the reality which you seem to wish to ignore. As long as the Fed is its own creditor, the massiveness of the debt has little meaning. Besides which, and also ignored by you is that we are paying the debt down and have been for the past few years. You want the economy of the nation to be neatly tied up like some small business balance sheet or your home budget when the reality is that so called overspending also keeps factories open and people working. Your notion of cutting government spending also puts thousands of people out of work. Even the wars we are involved in keep a whole lot of dollars flowing to a whole lot of businesses, military personnel and private citizens. Your view, like the chicken littles is naive and sorry to say, ignorant. In this nation, every single dollar spent or saved will impact The economy. It's frustrating to read your comments and similar comments made by legislators that are not economists and do not even begin to understand the complexities of the economy. Your need to wrap things up in a neat little package that you can understand because it's all that you are familiar with stifles your ability to think ahead.

Now I'm done with this topic because it's frankly (no pun intended lol) wasting my time
                              Last edited by NHMaster3015; 10-14-2013, 08:54 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

NHM....you do realize we owe China?

That means they are our creditor.

You don't think we can default?

Comment

Working...
                                X