Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Obamacare Success!? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obamacare Success!?



    So if Obama's White House designed the servers to handle 50,000 visitors per day, how many days will it take to to enroll just the 30,000,000 who will receive obamacare for free?

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

  • #2
    Re: Obamacare Success!?

    Originally posted by Bob
    The biggest issue with the ACA IMO is that the proposed model wasn't tested on a smaller scale before it was pushed out Nation wide . . . I think if it was proven to be successful in a few of the states that needed it the most things might have been different.

    But the issue with the site is the simple fact that the Federal government uses vastly outdated software and is slow to allow newer versions in many cases.

    Heck, we can't even use Office 2013 on our network yet and still have custom HR applications that will only work on older versions of Java and Windows XP.
    From a friend at another site

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Obamacare Success!?

      She and the rest are living in denial. How about working together to fix the economy? I am still shocked, and disappointed by what NHM said regarding being able to afford healthcare and more because of all the war spending! If was was deep in debt buying cars, electonics, and vacations, could I use that as an argument to go further into debt? What disconnect in reasoning allows such thinking? We could not afford the wars, we cannot afford the entitlements and healthcare. We need jobs, cheap oil based fuels and a plan to turn our economy around. If we insist on thinking we can provide care for all at this time we end up losing a future for all. The debt matters, the economy matters, inflation matters. Overcrowd the lifeboat and everyone drowns.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Obamacare Success!?

        First off, the federal government is not a person buying a car or electronics and comparing the two is pure nonsense.
        Second, I find it humerous that since it appears that the democrats are not going to capitulate to Teddy and his merry band of idiots, the best they now have is to complain that thousands of folks are jamming up the web site trying to get coverage that the idiots claimed nobody wanted. At any rate though, all this ridiculous rhetoric is near word for word from Limbaugh, Hanity and Beck. In fact, its all they have talked about for a week now. Fortunately though, most folks see through the nonsense. I predict a republican spanking in the mid-term elections.

        As for affording ACA, affordable health care will free up billions of dollars that folks will have to spend on stuff that gets the economy going. But....you believe the lies, omissions and half truths the rabid right tells you instead of the facts. 99% of what I read printed here and elswhere about ACA is pure crap and speculation with no basis in truth.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Obamacare Success!?

          My point was if the server was really only designed to handle 50,000 visitor per day, it is a glaring example of how inefficient this White House is. At 50,000 visits per day it will take 1-year, 235-days to sigh up the 30,000,000 who will receive Obamacare for free. That is assuming looky loos like myself and people who actually want to buy Obamacare do not try to log on. It will be interesting once the States which have set up private exchanges start report the numbers of enrollees. My understanding is Kentucky is the current leader at 7,000 enrollees.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Obamacare Success!?

            I just found a website that has some numbers from a couple of days ago regarding State Exchanges.

            http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...fixes/2935769/

            Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-11-2013, 08:36 PM.
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Obamacare Success!?

              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              First off, the federal government is not a person buying a car or electronics and comparing the two is pure nonsense.
              Second, I find it humerous that since it appears that the democrats are not going to capitulate to Teddy and his merry band of idiots, the best they now have is to complain that thousands of folks are jamming up the web site trying to get coverage that the idiots claimed nobody wanted. At any rate though, all this ridiculous rhetoric is near word for word from Limbaugh, Hanity and Beck. In fact, its all they have talked about for a week now. Fortunately though, most folks see through the nonsense. I predict a republican spanking in the mid-term elections.

              As for affording ACA, affordable health care will free up billions of dollars that folks will have to spend on stuff that gets the economy going. But....you believe the lies, omissions and half truths the rabid right tells you instead of the facts. 99% of what I read printed here and elswhere about ACA is pure crap and speculation with no basis in truth.
              OH you are a funny guy NHM. Yes, the government is a person buying a car and electronics, I meant that literally. I'm sure no one else understood I was drawing a comparission of irresponsible spending and debt between different entities. Everyone misunderstood as you have, and everyone else is as confused. Funny guy. Doesn't change the fact that incurring more debt wheter it is an individual buying cars and electronics ,or the federal government waging wars or providing healthcare and other entitlements, is a bad thing and unsustainable.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Obamacare Success!?

                You guys have me confused. I don't know who's side your on! Please no tongue in cheek. I don't know any of you well enough to know if your kidding or not and since I had already formed an opinion of your politics, I don't want to be totally confused.
                Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Obamacare Success!?

                  We are all on the side of what is right LOL
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Obamacare Success!?

                    Originally posted by speedbump View Post
                    You guys have me confused. I don't know who's side your on! Please no tongue in cheek. I don't know any of you well enough to know if your kidding or not and since I had already formed an opinion of your politics, I don't want to be totally confused.
                    I couldn`t have said it better looking in from the outside on the other side of the world where we have had a government medicare in place for forty years where every citizen is covered even though we are a much smaller country than yours you begrudge the weakest in your society having basic medicale cover well all you younger ones will look differently about it when you in your sixties and life has not turned out the way you expected and that medicare you objected to as socialism is in place that you and your family can access

                    Tony

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Obamacare Success!?

                      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      OH you are a funny guy NHM. Yes, the government is a person buying a car and electronics, I meant that literally. I'm sure no one else understood I was drawing a comparission of irresponsible spending and debt between different entities. Everyone misunderstood as you have, and everyone else is as confused. Funny guy. Doesn't change the fact that incurring more debt wheter it is an individual buying cars and electronics ,or the federal government waging wars or providing healthcare and other entitlements, is a bad thing and unsustainable.
                      Oh come on Frankie, people have been complaining about government spending for 200 years. The government has been in debt for just about as long and it keeps on going anyway.

                      http://www.businessinsider.com/milit...s-2011-10?op=1

                      Don't tell me what we can't afford. We can afford anything we wish to prioritize.
                      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 10-12-2013, 10:29 AM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Obamacare Success!?

                        I think someone needs to look up the definition of "afford".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Obamacare Success!?

                          af·ford
                          əˈfôrd/Submit
                          verb
                          1.
                          have enough money to pay for.
                          "the best that I could afford was a first-floor room"
                          synonyms: pay for, bear the expense of, have the money for, spare the price of More
                          have (a certain amount of something, esp. money or time) available or to spare.
                          "it was taking up more time than he could afford"
                          be able to do something without risk of adverse consequences.
                          "kings could afford to be wrathful"
                          2.
                          provide or supply (an opportunity or facility).
                          "the rooftop terrace affords beautiful views"
                          synonyms: provide, supply, furnish, offer, give, make available, yield More
                          Origin

                          More
                          late Old English geforthian, from ge- + forthian ‘to further,’ from forth. The original sense was ‘promote, perform, accomplish,’ later ‘manage, be in a position to do.’
                          Translate afford to
                          Use over time for: afford
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Obamacare Success!?

                            ...of course the above definition does not apply to the Affordable Care Act unless it is someone elses money.

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Obamacare Success!?

                              The only Success obamacare will bring is more votes for Republicans
                              The young voters will come to their senses

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X