Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Firearm Eye Candy

[QUOTE=BadgerDave;406593]
    Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
    I'm a firm believer in one shot-one kill, especially when it comes to hunting. ........QUOTE]

+1 If you can't fire a kill shot with the first shot you shouldn't have taken that shot to begin with. When deer hunting I have a round in the chamber and one in the magazine. The one in the magazine is basically there for backup in case the one in the chamber doesn't go off and after safely expelling it I still have time to shoot again. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I took more than one shot at a deer but that's not to say that on occasion I haven't jerked the trigger and missed.
    You guys need to come downunder and meet our Samba. Big difference from your bambi.....!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      don't think I have ever seen a scoped shot gun before,

Question? how much drop is in a slug, that( size and type) in 50 yards,
      how far out is a slug good for generally?
      Makes two of us as far as the scope on a shotgun. Are you guys banging solids out of your 12#.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
        I don't own a gun with a 30 round clip but can understand why some do. I think the 30 round clip my brother owns inserts into AR15, maybe it's a Daniels Defense rifle? Empty a 30 round clip of .308's and you will be grinning for a while. A 30 round clip is no different than saving for a rainy day. If you ever need it it's there.

David
        Once the adrenalin wears off and you lose your woody and realize what that just cost................yeah I not smiling as much anymore.
        30 round clip on a shottie, like to see that.
        One shot, yeah that's fair but if you wing the target you need to disperse of it humanely asap. Ethical Hunters.

Comment

Every time you pull the trigger on a Barrett 50 it's gonna cost you at least 15 bucks. That's a lot of cash to spend on a missed shot.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Every time you pull the trigger on a Barrett 50 it's gonna cost you at least 15 bucks. That's a lot of cash to spend on a missed shot.
            My 338/378 rounds list for $8.00 per round. I hand load but but if I have a problem with a scope it still costs me 2-boxes of shells to get dead on. However, I've always felt when you are spending thousand to take the shot at game, ammo is not the place to skimp.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I picked up a couple boxes of 270 Winchester at cabellas. Talk about sticker shock.
              sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean. A friend of mine has an 8mm Mauser, and I've got a .303 Enfield. All the military surplus has dried up around here. Boxes of 20 were running about $35 the last time I checked. YIKES!

Comment

Here is my brand new build.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                    Here is my brand new build.
                    Thats sweet, is it a Rock River? Details please
                    26+6=1

Comment

http://www.demotivationalposters.org...1262289326.jpg
                      You'll thank me.

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                        Thats sweet, is it a Rock River? Details please
                        That is one I built myself. I started with an 80% finished lower receiver which the BATF does not consider a firearm until you complete the machine work. Lower receiver parts kit from Palmetto State Armory. Wilson Combat TR-TTU tactical trigger unit, WMD nickel boron bolt carrier group. Upper receiver was from Bravo Company Machining, heavy 16" barrel, mid length gas system, low profile gas block with a LaRue 12" quad rail. Trijicon TA31RCO ACOG optic with LaRue QD mount, and a Harris bipod with LaRue QD mount. I have been acquiring parts for it since January. When the lower receiver came back from the anodizer it took me about an hour to assemble the rifle. The Trijicon optic was just about dead on at 25 yards (maybe a click or two one way or the other and shoots groups at 100 yards that are under an inch, using the bipod and a sand bag. Pretty much a tack driver, not bad for a Frankengun!

Comment

That is one I built myself. I started with an 80% finished lower receiver which the BATF does not consider a firearm until you complete the machine work. Lower receiver parts kit from Palmetto State Armory. Wilson Combat TR-TTU tactical trigger unit, WMD nickel boron bolt carrier group. Upper receiver was from Bravo Company Machining, heavy 16" barrel, mid length gas system, low profile gas block with a LaRue 12" quad rail. Trijicon TA31RCO ACOG optic with LaRue QD mount, and a Harris bipod with LaRue QD mount. I have been acquiring parts for it since January. When the lower receiver came back from the anodizer it took me about an hour to assemble the rifle. The Trijicon optic was just about dead on at 25 yards (maybe a click or two one way or the other and shoots groups at 100 yards that are under an inch, using the bipod and a sand bag. Pretty much a tack driver, not bad for a Frankengun!
                          I think it needs some testing along the desert border. Fedex it out and when I get my limit I'll send it back, prepaid.

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                            I think it needs some testing along the desert border. Fedex it out and when I get my limit I'll send it back, prepaid.
                            Are you all set with ammo? I have about 6,000 rounds.

Comment

Are you all set with ammo? I have about 6,000 rounds.
                              As I have stated previously on this forum, I have no firearms or ammo or magazines, silencers, full-auto modifications, night vision scope, laser scope, bb guns, pellet guns, water pistols, etc., (Are you listening NSA?) I have nothing that could be construed as a fire arm. I am totally defenseless and have full faith and confidence in the Government to protect me. Honest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                                As I have stated previously on this forum, I have no firearms or ammo or magazines, silencers, full-auto modifications, night vision scope, laser scope, bb guns, pellet guns, water pistols, etc., (Are you listening NSA?) I have nothing that could be construed as a fire arm. I am totally defenseless and have full faith and confidence in the Government to protect me. Honest!!!
                                LOL, spoken like a true patriot!

Comment

Working...
                                X