• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowden

Edwards Snowden:

Patriot? Or traitor?

Re: Snowden

Definitely a whistle blower, and none of them is a traitor in my estimation. Look what he has revealed to the world. I don't like the fact that the government can spy on me and record everything I do or say. I am sure the world leaders that NSA has tapped feel the same way. He has done a service to the country. NSA has said they do this with full knowledge of Obama. Nuff said.

Comment

I feel this has been going on much longer than Obama's presidency.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Why do we let one group off the hook if another group is equally wrong?

Comment

I'm amazed that he's still alive. I would think that the CIA would have contracted his demise by now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            I'm amazed that he's still alive. I would think that the CIA would have contracted his demise by now.
            I'm amazed at how the world, or people in the U.S., seem to have changed.

The blase' attitude towards the intrusion into personal privacy under the guise of protection is unprecedented.

I don't think people would have been as ok with it in the 1950's, 60's, or other decades in history.

What I'm also astounded by is that we, the American people, have let those in power crucify this guy and put him on the run for trying to inform us that our protection of privacy is being violated. That's it. No spies named in other countries, locations of turned people, payoffs, black ops. Nothing. Just informing people of data collection and phone tapping programs.

And we have done nothing about it. I feel a little ashamed that there isn't at least one large group of people standing up for him. Republicans, Democrats, Libertarian, Tea Party, NAACP, Amnesty, etc.

Makes me think we've just accepted Big Brother. And he's smiling smugly about the control.
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-03-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
              I'm amazed at how the world, or people in the U.S., seem to have changed.

The blase' attitude towards the intrusion into personal privacy under the guise of protection is unprecedented.

I don't think people would have been as ok with it in the 1950's, 60's, or other decades in history.

What I'm also astounded by is that we, the American people, have let those in power crucify this guy and put him on the run for trying to inform us that our protection of privacy is being violated. That's it. No spies named in other countries, locations of turned people, payoffs, black ops. Nothing. Just informing people of data collection and phone tapping programs.

And we have done nothing about it. I feel a little ashamed that there isn't at least one large group of people standing up for him. Republicans, Democrats, Libertarian, Tea Party, NAACP, Amnesty, etc.

Makes me think we've just accepted Big Brother. And he's smiling smugly about the control.
              To today's youth..."no problem". They've grown up expecting nothing less, since it's what they'vee seen on TV and in movies since they were born. So they are OK with it.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

I can see him as a whistle blower and good guy for alerting Americans, but once he started divulging information regarding international spying he crossed the line! Where the heck is his allegience to foreign countries, especially when they all do the same thing to us? I suppose communist china has not spied on us, stolen industrial secrets, hack into our secured sites? He stopped being a good guy a while back in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I can see him as a whistle blower and good guy for alerting Americans, but once he started divulging information regarding international spying he crossed the line! Where the heck is his allegience to foreign countries, especially when they all do the same thing to us? I suppose communist china has not spied on us, stolen industrial secrets, hack into our secured sites? He stopped being a good guy a while back in my opinion.
                  Ok Franki. Educate me on what you really know or can find to be true. I mean, I've heard speculation but nothing real.

And who would be telling people of the U.S. he has done something detrimental to our protections and interests to take the eyes off of the things that they are doing?

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                    Ok Franki. Educate me on what you really know or can find to be true. I mean, I've heard speculation but nothing real.

And who would be telling people of the U.S. he has done something detrimental to our protections and interests to take the eyes off of the things that they are doing?
                    Bob, you mean to tell me you don't believe what you hear on the News? Even worse, you doubt what is coming out of the White House?
                    Not me buddy! I have absolute faith in the free press and our government, they would never lie to the American public. I suppose you don't believe in Professional Wrestling, the sports of Kings, mano e mano in the sqaured circle with no protective gear? Not me buddy!

Comment

You all keep rattling on about patriotism well Snowden is just that a true patriote he has to guts to stand up and be counted where the majority of you who criticise haven`t got the guts to criticise the paper delivery man for not delivering your newspaper on time your all just fence sitters.
                      I am always hearing the words the Land of the Free what a load a rubbish you would have to be the most watched people on this planet with all the bugs and cameras that your governments have watching your every move and listerning to all your conversations it would make the SS proud your patriote act have taken your so called freedoms one by one over the last ten years you haven`t won the war against terror Bin Laden has your all looking over your shoulders and Snowden and other real patriotes try to warn you and what do they get for their trouble your governments trying to shut then up if you the people don`t rise up and tell your governments in no uncertain voices that you will not take this crap then it will be to late

Tony

Comment

Tony, do you annoy your countrymen as much as you do us?
                        Last edited by rofl; 11-04-2013, 09:04 AM. Reason: darn autocorrect

Comment

They don't put up with His crap , so He posts Here !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I think GB is more heavily monitored than the US.
                            At least they used to be #1 in the spy on your citiznes business.
                            I am sure we are catching up if not taking the lead.

There was apiece on 60 Minutes a while back talking about it. The police
                            tracked a bank robber from the scene of the crime right to the door of his flat
                            and never lost sight of him in their cameras. The facial recognition software they
                            (and no doubt us) use is pretty amazing. The license plate scanning software the
                            police run in their cruisers can read plates as they drive through a parking lot at
                            15 mph(side view), and head on while traveling at over 50 mph.

And just because your credit card doesn't get dinged every time your e-z-pass is read
                            doesn't mean its not being read where you least expect it. Those readers could be anywhere
                            and you would never know it, but they would have a record of your vehicle passing through
                            with a date/time stamp and probably a photo of who was driving to boot.
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 11-04-2013, 04:00 PM.
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

The reality is that less than a dozen people have forever effected the lives of millions. We put up with the NSA and the TSA and the patriot act because we are frankly, scared of the alternative.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X