X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Care, doesn't care?

Spoken like a true bleeding heart liberal! Nobody knew anything the last three years but now people are finding out what this is all about. Just another tax to help those who don't want to help themselves. Turn on the news, the truth is coming out. Obama is a LIAR and should be impeached.

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    I have to believe that when the congress drafted the health care bill the only thing on their minds was screwing the American people and driving the nation over the economic cliff in hopes of a total breakdown of society, chaos and civil war. Yep, that's what they want to do. Look, som folks will have issues with the bill, that's not in question. What is in question is when are the republicans going to quit their constant whining and political posturing and come to the tabl and do something about it? Don't tell me they have tried before because every single one of their efforts to date has been complete crap and a thinly veiled attempt to undo everything that has been done.
    Last edited by ironranger; 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

NHmaster, who's paying for your health insurance? Just found out that another self employed plumbers health care is going up 225% because of this. This can't work and it's going to hurt everyone.

Comment

If Presidents could be impeached for lying we would have elections once a year. NHM will probably respond that all those folks who have either lost their plan, or have to pay more, are no different than the national debt. They are only numbers, and numbers don't matter, it's all based on faith.

Comment

Did any of the talking heads that you believe ever take a minute to explain just exactly why some folks are loosing their health insurance? The answer here is, of corse not. They didn't bother to tell you why because the why makes sense and the why doesn't accomplish their objective which has been to piss and moan about Obama for the past six years. Generally the why is because those folks had plans that only covered CATASTROPHIC illness. I.E. Heart attacks, cancer, you know, the really expensive stuff. For everything else those folks were not covered or their deductible is so high that they hobble on down to the local emergency room and get treated on the taxpayer dollar. Yes, the taxpayer dollar because you see, those little trips to the emergency room cost about three times what it would cost to go to their doctor but, because they don't have the coverage, they go to the emergency room and naturally.....never pay the bill, which they can do because they don't have good credit in the first place so hell, what's a few more thousand dollars tacked on to their deadbeat status. Meanwhile, the hospital can't afford to loose all that money so they have insurance of their own to mitigate these things, which raises their costs, which to quote Ron Regan, trickles down to you and me. Now I'll be sympathetic to those not abusing the system. The healthcare bill is not a great piece of legislation. Thee are too many holes in it and too many problems but it is workable and with bipartisan cooperation it could meet most peoples needs and expectations.

Impeaching Obama for lying. Well first off, when he was saying that you could keep your doctor he most likely was not expecting the past four years of obstructionism and just plain stupidity thanks to Teddy and his merry band of ignorant followers who by the way just got spanked again thanks to yesterday's elections LOL. All you conservatives need to understand that you are a very small (and very vocal) minority. Most people in this country don't want your brand of politics and see you for the narrow minded, short sighted people you truly are.
          sigpic

Comment

So I'm riding in the truck today thinking. All of this just doesn't make sense.

1) The larger the insured group, in general, the lower the premium costs across the board.
            So now everyone is being forced to buy insurance or be penalized. So more than ever will be contributing within the "system". However, the results seem to be that it's costing everyone more.

2) We all know that hospitals have shown charges of things like $80.00 for an aspirin. Their defense of charges such as these, and we've grudgingly accepted it, is that they have to charge that & we have to pay it for all of those people that are uninsured. But now, supposedly, all of these people will be insured. So that should mean that all those astronomical charges should come down to store prices. Right?

Aspirin will now be .80 cents. "Medical Devices" that were $500.00 will now be $50.00. If their reasoning all these years is to pay for the uninsured then they don't have a leg to stand on to continue this pricing structure. I know it ain't gonna' happen. But it seems to be a legitimate point.

The majority of people insured. Paying more than in the past. And the medical industry able to keep current pricing models.

When the exact opposite should be happening. I think we need a government investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
              NHmaster, who's paying for your health insurance? Just found out that another self employed plumbers health care is going up 225% because of this. This can't work and it's going to hurt everyone.
              I am covered by blue cross. I pay a bit under half the cost for my policy. It has gone up slightly but no more than it does on average. It currently costs me about 15 thousand a year for the family plan. Prescriptions cost me five bucks. They went up a little too. My insurance will not be cancelled nor will the policy change appreciably in the near future. I do feel for you guys footing your own policies though. I know that when I carried health through my own company, the cost was staggering but that was pre-Obama care too. I suggest that you try to find a group plan and get on that.
              sigpic

Comment

NH Master you couldn't be more wrong sir. You are actually talking about ME and I don't appreciate what you said and what you said isn't just about me but also it's about tens of thousands of other self employed out there. I am a very responsible mature business owner who does have a high deductible insurance plan because I CHOOSE to have this plan. And NO, I don't go to the emergency room for free health care, I pay ALL of my bills on time. I also have a medical savings which takes care of all the small stuff that falls short of my deductible. EVERY time we go to the doctor it gets run through our insurance and we do get a discount because we do have the insurance but end up paying most of the balance. It is not considered catastrophic coverage. We get free check ups and screenings every year with this high deductible insurance and we also get discounts. And by the way my credit score is over 800, what's yours?
                It's obvious to me that you have no idea what you're talking about and are so out of touch with the normal working plumber out there it's not even funny, its sad.
                So once again, who's paying for YOUR health plan?

Did any of the talking heads that you believe ever take a minute to explain just exactly why some folks are loosing their health insurance? The answer here is, of corse not. They didn't bother to tell you why because the why makes sense and the why doesn't accomplish their objective which has been to piss and moan about Obama for the past six years. Generally the why is because those folks had plans that only covered CATASTROPHIC illness. I.E. Heart attacks, cancer, you know, the really expensive stuff. For everything else those folks were not covered or their deductible is so high that they hobble on down to the local emergency room and get treated on the taxpayer dollar. Yes, the taxpayer dollar because you see, those little trips to the emergency room cost about three times what it would cost to go to their doctor but, because they don't have the coverage, they go to the emergency room and naturally.....never pay the bill, which they can do because they don't have good credit in the first place so hell, what's a few more thousand dollars tacked on to their deadbeat status. Meanwhile, the hospital can't afford to loose all that money so they have insurance of their own to mitigate these things, which raises their costs, which to quote Ron Regan, trickles down to you and me. Now I'll be sympathetic to those not abusing the system. The healthcare bill is not a great piece of legislation. Thee are too many holes in it and too many problems but it is workable and with bipartisan cooperation it could meet most peoples needs and expectations.

Impeaching Obama for lying. Well first off, when he was saying that you could keep your doctor he most likely was not expecting the past four years of obstructionism and just plain stupidity thanks to Teddy and his merry band of ignorant followers who by the way just got spanked again thanks to yesterday's elections LOL. All you conservatives need to understand that you are a very small (and very vocal) minority. Most people in this country don't want your brand of politics and see you for the narrow minded, short sighted people you truly are.

Comment

The policies may have been substandard in Obama's mind but it was what they wanted at a price they could afford to pay. Obamacare will always be a failure because it does not address price controls, tort reform or any of the other things driving up prices. Then Obama gets in bed with the insurance companies but is surprised when the rates go up and policies are canceled? When they talk about subsidies, who do you think is going to have to pay those subsidies? This has little to do with the middle class, it is all about massive taxes to add 30,000,000 people to the healthcare system

How in the world does Obama's lies have anything to do with those politicians who were elected in part to stop Obama? He either made those statements or he did not, period. It will be interesting to see what 2014 brings.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Okay so you only pay half of what the plan costs. That's nice. There is no other "group" plans available. Maybe you don't care but if you want to take part in this argument maybe you should educate yourself on this subject because you're way off here. I'm not trying to start anything with you, you know that I respect you and I think we've become friends over the years but this is some serious stuff and it's hurting a lot of us and it is very personal. I don't know if we'll even be able to afford this for sure, it's bad. You will see major changes in the near future with Blue Cross. I'm already hearing it from a lot of folks who have Blue Cross. Someone will have to pay the bill because they ARE going up. Maybe your employer will, but will they? You'll soon find out.

I am covered by blue cross. I pay a bit under half the cost for my policy. It has gone up slightly but no more than it does on average. It currently costs me about 15 thousand a year for the family plan. Prescriptions cost me five bucks. They went up a little too. My insurance will not be cancelled nor will the policy change appreciably in the near future. I do feel for you guys footing your own policies though. I know that when I carried health through my own company, the cost was staggering but that was pre-Obama care too. I suggest that you try to find a group plan and get on that.

Comment

Obama is a lying piece of TRASH and should be impeached, PERIOD.

Comment

NH Master you couldn't be more wrong sir. You are actually talking about ME and I don't appreciate what you said and what you said isn't just about me but also it's about tens of thousands of other self employed out there. I am a very responsible mature business owner who does have a high deductible insurance plan because I CHOOSE to have this plan. And NO, I don't go to the emergency room for free health care, I pay ALL of my bills on time. I also have a medical savings which takes care of all the small stuff that falls short of my deductible. EVERY time we go to the doctor it gets run through our insurance and we do get a discount because we do have the insurance but end up paying most of the balance. It is not considered catastrophic coverage. We get free check ups and screenings every year with this high deductible insurance and we also get discounts. And by the way my credit score is over 800, what's yours?
                        It's obvious to me that you have no idea what you're talking about and are so out of touch with the normal working plumber out there it's not even funny, its sad.
                        So once again, who's paying for YOUR health plan?
                        If everyone was as honest as you are then there wouldn't be a problem but unfortunately my friend, your kind are few and far between. A whole lot of folks are out to scam the system every chance they can. I applaud your ethics and I do have sympathy for you because you shouldn't get screwed because of the irresponsibility of others. I suspect there is light at the end of the tunnel for you as I suspect you may be able to get into a group plan which will serve your needs and cost you less. Like I said, there are a lot of holes in this bill that need to be filled and all the posturing and political infighting is doing nobody any good.

Mark; see above for the first response. As for those elected to stop Obama, they are a very few indeed and I question anyone who was elected on a platform of obstructionism. That said, yesterday's elections pretty much put the tea party where they belong.
                        sigpic

Comment

Look, a whole lot of you think I'm an Obama apologist and truthfully, I'm anything but. I have never been happy with him or his administration but then again, I haven't been happy with any administration since as far back as I can remember. What I am is sick and tired of politicians playing with our money and our futures. I'm sick of the infighting, posturing and political infighting. I'm tired of the limbaugh's Marr 's bull crap and divisive rhetoric. I'm tired of democrats against republicans. In short I'm just plain tired. We elect these morons to do the good work for US. Not for them and not for their cronies and corporate CEO's. I've never been a fan of term limits, believing that the system should work if folks would just vote and vote intelligently. Unfortunately, they don't.
                          sigpic

Comment

Obama is a lying piece of TRASH and should be impeached, PERIOD.

Yea, they said that about Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Nixon, Carter, Ford, Johnson, Kennedy, Truman, Roosevelt,.......................
                            sigpic

Comment

It's all very frustrating. Thanks.

If everyone was as honest as you are then there wouldn't be a problem but unfortunately my friend, your kind are few and far between. A whole lot of folks are out to scam the system every chance they can. I applaud your ethics and I do have sympathy for you because you shouldn't get screwed because of the irresponsibility of others. I suspect there is light at the end of the tunnel for you as I suspect you may be able to get into a group plan which will serve your needs and cost you less. Like I said, there are a lot of holes in this bill that need to be filled and all the posturing and political infighting is doing nobody any good.

Mark; see above for the first response. As for those elected to stop Obama, they are a very few indeed and I question anyone who was elected on a platform of obstructionism. That said, yesterday's elections pretty much put the tea party where they belong.

Comment

We will have to wait and see. Who would have ever thought a Constitutional Professor could get so much wrong? I've heard Nobel is even asking for their prize back.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X