Obama Care, doesn't care?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Care, doesn't care?

Frankie that's just plain horse crap and you know it. We have thousands of uninsured people out there jacking the price of health care and health insurance up because they go to emergency rooms for a common cold and DONT PAY THE BILL! You don't get it. We can't afford health care? What we can't afford is not having health care. You honestly believe the crap the conservatives have been feeding you. You refuse to see the big picture and the underlying causes of the crisis. They used to have a name for liberals. They called them knee jerk. Seems like the conservatives have decided to co-opt the behavior. The repubs don't like ACA because it takes money out of the pockets of rich guys that have money invested in the insurance companies and somehow they have managed to get a whole lot of not so rich folks to buy into their crap and lies. I get it. The bill ain't perfect. Some folks are having issues with it and it needs work.

We the people are who screwed the whole thing up in the first place. We the people are who has been abusing the system for decades.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Frankie that's just plain horse crap and you know it. We have thousands of uninsured people out there jacking the price of health care and health insurance up because they go to emergency rooms for a common cold and DONT PAY THE BILL! You don't get it. We can't afford health care? What we can't afford is not having health care. You honestly believe the crap the conservatives have been feeding you. You refuse to see the big picture and the underlying causes of the crisis. They used to have a name for liberals. They called them knee jerk. Seems like the conservatives have decided to co-opt the behavior. The repubs don't like ACA because it takes money out of the pockets of rich guys that have money invested in the insurance companies and somehow they have managed to get a whole lot of not so rich folks to buy into their crap and lies. I get it. The bill ain't perfect. Some folks are having issues with it and it needs work.
      NHM, you refuse to face reality and post an honest reponse based on your own thoughts and not things you have been fed. Our economy has been broken for a long time, and fixing our healthcare system will do nothing to save us. Elderly folks are living too long, there are too many able bodied folks abusing the sytem, too many hard working folks losing their jobs. There are too many things to list, too many to fix. You ignore the trillions of national debt, the millions of jobs lost, the fact that we are a dead society that depends on a communist super power for our consumer goods.
      I think for myself and what I think of our economy and society is not good, the numbers don't balance, we are circling the toilet. Do the math, millions out of work, millions collecting entitlements, inflation up, cost of energy up, millions losing their homes. What fantasy do you live in that allows you to ignore reality and imagine we can provide healthcare for all? We could not pay for all the wars, entitlements or healthcare.
      Wise up.
      I don't know how long we have before the economy collapses, but I think with every black friday shopping spree for flat screens and other electronic junk we grow closer. All those folks out of work or near financial failure continue to run up the credit cards, those magical pieces of plastic that don't have any real impact on our economy just like the trillions of national debt. A tipping point will come, a time when the money being printed finally is so worthless everything comes to a halt.
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-07-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        You gotta turn the radio on more often. We knew about that a month ago.
        You whine that people listen to the radio.....you admonish them when they don't. If he said something a month ago you would have accused him of mouthing "talking points"

What is your favorite syrup on them waffles?

Comment

The ACA is taking money from hard working families who are not rich just so lazy worthless pieces of garbage can have the same health care as everyone else! It's not just the rich folks. Why in the hell should I pay for pediatric eye and dental care, maternity etc.? WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE? Just wait until next year when big business has to take part. Just you wait. We'll see how much you like it when your cost of health care goes up 200% a month. When larger business starts dropping their health plans and making YOU go on the exchange you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us. Won't be much fun then will it.
          I know one thing, this idea just will not work. The only people signing up are older sicker folks. They do NOT have the younger people signing up and they won't. Why would they? It's a JOKE!

Comment

A lot of folks are all upset because this law is immediately affecting them in a negative way that they can see, unfortunately these same folks are unaware or unconcerned by other serious issues. Maybe this healthcare law will push the economy over the edge, if not there are plenty of other things that will. You can't assume that because you are earning a living, you are safe from a financial collapse. There are too many people collecting entitlements, too many people out of work, losing their jobs, homes. I don't think most people realize how bad things are, this healthcare thing is the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
              The ACA is taking money from hard working families who are not rich just so lazy worthless pieces of garbage can have the same health care as everyone else! It's not just the rich folks. Why in the hell should I pay for pediatric eye and dental care, maternity etc.? WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE? Just wait until next year when big business has to take part. Just you wait. We'll see how much you like it when your cost of health care goes up 200% a month. When larger business starts dropping their health plans and making YOU go on the exchange you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us. Won't be much fun then will it.
              I know one thing, this idea just will not work. The only people signing up are older sicker folks. They do NOT have the younger people signing up and they won't. Why would they? It's a JOKE!
              Don't worry it is only hurting the hard working middle-class. Oh wait, that's who Obama professes to be protecting.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

"President Barack Obama told his enthusiastic supporters Monday night that he never promised what video recordings show him promising at least 29 times.
                The videos show Obama promising 300 million Americans that “if you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan, period.”

OBAMA IS A LIAR, PERIOD. You don't believe it? Millions of cancellations, check it out!

Look at this:

MyCancellation.com

Then watch this:
                Last edited by ironranger; 11-07-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

If you work for a larger business or corporation, county, state, etc. etc. your turn is coming. You got delayed a year but it's coming for you. Expect 100 to 300% increases in monthly costs. Just take a quick look at the thousand of cancellations being posted on the page above. Mark please leave that link up, it shows the truth! Shows what real self employed people are going through. Most of us here are self employed.
                  A lot of those cancellation letters are from larger business that are already cancelling their group plans and making them go on the exchange. Oh yea you can't go on the exchange because it doesn't work. Yet their current plans are being cancelled as of Dec. 31 of this year.

Comment

Alright, well I'm done for now but I have never laughed so hard in my life watching this. Yes I laughed but damn it's true and it's not funny. WOW!

Last edited by ironranger; 11-07-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Guess what NHM... all I want is catastrophic insurance, the rest I'm more than ok paying out of pocket. But, I cant because some douche in a suit thinks they know my wants and needs better than I do... f that and f them. I'm done, I'm ready to "unplug" from the system and they can kiss my white ***!

Comment

Frankie, if most folks are paying into the system the costs should go down for everyone. This is NOT a welfare or entitlement program. If everyone is paying less then folks will have more of their money in their pockets which given our penchant for spending, they will spend on goods and services. You guys running businesses will see folks being able to pay you. You will see folks buying new homes. You will see folks remodeling their homes. In short, it will be very good for the economy. You are currently drinking the kool aid supplied by those that would much rather maintain the status quo for their own selfish and greedy reasons.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          The ones who think it is fine is the 30,000,000 who will be added for free, the Unions are who exempt while they work on the tax implications, employees of large corporation who have not been dropped yet and Government workers. As for sitting down and trashing it out, the Democrats want it their way or the highway. You may have forgotten the fact the Republicans were not allowed to participate on the discussions for this Bill. Harry Reid did everything behind closed doors and only brought it out for a vote. A vote where most were not allowed the time to even read the Bill.

Mark
                          That's not true. The republicans could have been a part of the process anytime they wanted. The problem is, they only wanted to cater to special interests and muddy the whole thing up. In short it was them that started with my way or the highway. Do some research there rather that spit back the Limbaugh twisted version of the truth.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post

Here is a Facebook post from a page by the local conservative host.

Gregory J Duke Been a long time listener. I am also a small business owner and have had private health insurance for my family of 5 for years. Although we live in Maine, we moved here from NH and all if our drs are nh based. The policy we currently have breaks down to this. 8k deductible, 10k out if pocket, 70/30% coinsurance. For a mere 1350 a month. Needless to say with that insurance and my wife having cancer we pay nearly 30k a year out if pocket for health insurance. Or 1/2 of our income. Looking at Obama care and what is offered from the govt page looks promising. My family was offered 14 different plans to choose from. There are two options that fit us from anthem bc bs that are multi state plans and will allow us to mostly likely stay with our currant doctors ( most importantly my wife's which have been confirmed as a yes) the anthem page however is not fully updated to look at other doctors more closely or even the plans themselves. For me personally living in Maine, I am waiting for anthem bc bs to update their info in irder to make an informed decision. My options I am looking at include 1500 deductible, 2k out if pocket and 95/5 coinsurance plus full boat dental for 700 a month less or 2k ded with 10k out of pocket no coinsurance. (Great hospital coverage) plus the full boat dental. 500 a month less than what I pay now. Just saying waiting in anthem for some actual info I make a decision.

For fun I checked out the same things. Yes, you can get on the web site. If I had to switch to ACA, it would cost me slightly less for the same coverage I have now. Imagine that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well put a checkmark down.

That's.....ONE......

Comment

My brother's Facebook post(since those carry authority). He is a pathologist in Arlington, Texas. Of course that means he's stupid by NHM's criteria.

I love you and Lisa very dearly, and am pulling for you both...but not at the cost of the ACA. We also see the local effects of the law coming into effect, and it's not pretty. In order to achieve the so called savings, service areas that have long been stressed by nearly two decades of decline in reimbursements now get to experience random massive cuts in payments for CPT codes. The CMS-assigned code 88305 accounts for the vast majority of biopsies we process and provide diagnoses. With no forethought, CMS cuts the technical component for this code IN HALF. In January, we get to experience similar cuts in the remainder of our anatomic pathology codes. The effects of these actions are shutting down facilities around the country. Right here at home, our company closed 10 of 12 positions in our outpatient service facility as a result. Another probably 30 jobs have been lost in our Dallas hub. The former head of IT is now the field man, doing the job of the 6 employees he used to supervise, while all phone calls are now outsourced to India. The only thing holding many I know to their current position is fear of losing their benefits. MY job is by no means secure, in spite of the fact that the surgeons and oncologists Iprovide service for uniformly declare me an asset to the community. Regarding medications, chemotherapy, immunomodulating therapy, and antiretroviral therapies are among the most expensive. Don't think for a minute that there will not be restrictions down the line for who has access to these without paying out of pocket. In 20 years, if this law is not repealed, the country will be lamenting the decline of American medicine.
                                He is responding to my aunt and referring to my cousin. The discussion started because NBC was reporting that the government will be utilizing the entertainment industry to portray the ACA in a positive light.

Comment

Working...
                                X