Obama Care, doesn't care?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Care, doesn't care?

I have a question about how Obamacare is going to work for the truly needy. Take a family that has been living in "the projects" their whole life. Government housing, food stamps and now health insurance through Obamacare. How are they going to pay for Obamacare? Tax credits don't help because they pay no taxes. But lets assume that somehow they get insurance and someone gets sick. They will still go to the ER because they more than likely have no family doctor. And how are they going to pay their deductible? The hospital still gets stuck with providing the services for no payment. How is this a good thing? Am I missing something obvious?
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

A doctor I know after being asked about excessive paperwork and commenting about his current frustration.

There's a lot of it lately. Between the EMR's excessive documentation and then Medicare requiring "Face to face" before they will allow home health and the requirement that everyone on CPAP needs a 90 day review to make sure they are using it, there's a lot of non-essential administrative stuff keeping us busy.

THAT said, I can't think of anther job that would pay as well as consistently as being a doctor (plus it's usually fun). So I guess it's something I'll have to get used to doing. If there were any complaints I had about being a doctor, it's the "on call" 24 hours a day BS. I put in plenty of time at the office as it is. If you can't get a hold of me during those times and it isn't an emergency, call tomorrow. If it is an emergency, go to the emergency room.

It's the after-hours calls. Some are just trying to get free care. Mostly I'm thinking "what do you want me to do about this from my home?" Call tomorrow and make an appointment.

Comment

I was told the video I posted last night isn't showing up? Anyway all you have to see is this, this says it all. MyCancellation.com

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          That's not true. The republicans could have been a part of the process anytime they wanted. The problem is, they only wanted to cater to special interests and muddy the whole thing up. In short it was them that started with my way or the highway. Do some research there rather that spit back the Limbaugh twisted version of the truth.
          I just don't know what to say. It's almost like you sleep through the whole thing. Harry went behind closed doors for 13 days (?) to add all of the buy outs and freebies to push the bill through. Nancy then said we would have to pass the bill to know what was in it. At the time, the Democrats HAD control of the Senate and the House and controlled all discussions. After promising to do all negotiations in public, Reid and party went behind closed doors.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
            I was told the video I posted last night isn't showing up? Anyway all you have to see is this, this says it all. MyCancellation.com
            It's still there.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
              I have a question about how Obamacare is going to work for the truly needy. Take a family that has been living in "the projects" their whole life. Government housing, food stamps and now health insurance through Obamacare. How are they going to pay for Obamacare? Tax credits don't help because they pay no taxes. But lets assume that somehow they get insurance and someone gets sick. They will still go to the ER because they more than likely have no family doctor. And how are they going to pay their deductible? The hospital still gets stuck with providing the services for no payment. How is this a good thing? Am I missing something obvious?
              Nothing changes for them. They are covered by medicare
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I just don't know what to say. It's almost like you sleep through the whole thing. Harry went behind closed doors for 13 days (?) to add all of the buy outs and freebies to push the bill through. Nancy then said we would have to pass the bill to know what was in it. At the time, the Democrats HAD control of the Senate and the House and controlled all discussions. After promising to do all negotiations in public, Reid and party went behind closed doors.

Mark
                That be the partial history as told by Rush. Left out the part well in advance of all that which led to the closed doors LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                  A doctor I know after being asked about excessive paperwork and commenting about his current frustration.
                  The biggest complaint from teachers is guess what........too much paperwork and in fact today was a teacher workshop day for me. Wann guess what I just spent the past 8 hours doing lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
                    What do you think they do now? Exactly the same as you surmise will happen with Obamacare. Their coverage will be provided by taxpayers who have their own insurance just as it is now.
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

That be the partial history as told by Rush. Left out the part well in advance of all that which led to the closed doors LOL
                      Accusing people of listen to Rush seems to be your go to defence. I do no listen to Rush but I do listen to the news and read the papers. I'd sure be interested in hearing your revisionist explanation as to why none of the Republican ideas made it into the Bill. Where is the tort control, the interstate competition, tax credits for buying private insurance and so on and so on.

Mark

Comment

The republicans didn't bring torte reform to the table. In fact, they were dead set against it. Ultimately the lobbyists got to the dem's also on the issue. The republicans however did bring several things, most of which didn't do anywhere enough and were heavily in favor of big business and the insurance companies but why would anyone be supervised by that. Lets not also forget that the regressives also wouldn't sign onto anything that didn't include a repeal of Row V Wade or at the very least de-funding of women's health care facilities, sex ed classes and birth control. In short they stymied themselves due to their refusal to understand that the vast majority of folks in this country doesn't buy into their idea of morality.
                        sigpic

Comment

The biggest complaint from teachers is guess what........too much paperwork and in fact today was a teacher workshop day for me. Wann guess what I just spent the past 8 hours doing lol
                          You conveniently skip the major points and go straight to the least, and even then you make zero worthwhile point.

And I call BS on the teachers biggest complaint. You only told part of the story. A teacher's biggest complaint is usually all of the time consumed with non teaching related activities. This includes paperwork, political red tape, dealing with stupid parents and teaching to tests instead of just teaching material. There are plenty more frustrations in teaching than paperwork.

The quote clearly pointed out that it was cumbersome but it was not the biggest frustration for that doctor either.

Comment

Nah, believe me it's the paperwork. Parents occasionally. Nobody is teaching to the tests, the results pretty much prove that LOL. Most of us don't deal with politics, at least not in this district. I'm a tellin you, it's the freeking, never ending paperwork. Just when you get done slogging through some administrators desire to collect yet more useless data you get slammed with some other administrators need to fill his three ring binders.

I have often wondered what would happen if they just left us the hell alone and let us teach. Have a third party assessment at the end of the year and then fire the bottom 20% of teachers who's kids fail the assessment and give the top 20% a raise. Of course there's no way in hell the unions would agree to that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dude...my degree is in math with teaching certification. A large portion of my friends are or have been teachers. You might think you can snow people but I know better concerning the teaching profession.

I wonder if you actually believe what you say.

Comment

Apparently, no you don't. LOL. Then again, you live in Texas so I'll give you a pass

BTW, how come you NEVER post anything of use one way or another? I mean, do you have anything to add to a conversation other than random stupid comments? Al least Frankie brings something to the table that can be debated even if he has a fatalistic attitude. Whoops, I forgot myself. See comment above
                                Last edited by NHMaster3015; 11-08-2013, 04:41 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X