X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading ?

Me - American Sniper, By Chris Kyle, Navy Seal . An amazing Man, Probably the best sniper in History ! His hero , and Mine , was Marine Sniper Carlos Hathcock . RIP Carlos
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: What are you reading ?

The ridgid forum.

Written by numerious contributors.

Digital editions only, not available in hardback or paperback.

Cost, priceless.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Don't be so Ridgid Brother !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        The ridgid forum.

Written by numerious contributors.

Digital editions only, not available in hardback or paperback.

Cost, priceless.

Rick.
        all, signed 1st editions
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Audel HVAC Fundamentals: Volume I: Heating Systems, Furnaces, and Boilers-James E. Brumbaugh

The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain-Betty Edwards

Comment

I just finished "Waging Modern War", by retired Gen. Wes Clark. It was about the Kosoval war and the political problems between NATO, European, and U.S. political conflicts and the challenges of waging war with such challenges.

I just started a new book last night, but damn if I can remember the name. I'll have to come back and edit in the title.

CWS

Comment

Lawrence in Arabia
              sigpic

Comment

The book that I just started the other night is "Outliers (the story of success)" by Malcolm Gladwell. My wife recommended it to me, and it's basically about the science or, more specifically, the statistics of why some are successful and some are not. At least that is what I'm taking away from it in the first two chapters.

I used to be an avid reader in my youth, but during my work career I found my reading significantly centered on work-related readings. Then after retirement my reading was focussed on those needs and frankly my days are so busy that I can't find the time to read. So a little over a year ago I started reading during the late evening, just before sleep. I have a neck injury that doesn't lend itself well to sleep, so my reading time now begins at about Midnight and my go to as late as 2:00 AM. (Some books will put me to sleep )

In the past year I've managed to absorb close to twenty books, including Winston Churchhill's six-volume set, "The Second World War". I also read a lot of technical books relating to woodworking, carpentry, electricity and other home-related endeavors; but I don't count those so much as "readings" because I don't usually read them cover-to-cover.

CWS

Comment

I spend way too much time reading textbooks and educational books. I haven't read anything fiction in years. Just don't have the time

Of course with Frankie on my back every day I have to keep up with all the political crap too LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

Just finished a book on the Plague. Now it's one about the biggest farmer in America.

Comment

School books:

1. Introducing Organizational & Behaviour Management (Psych Adult Learning Class)
                      2. Teaching and Learning with Technology (Ed Technology Class)
                      3. Integrating Education Technology into Teaching (Ed Technology Class)
                      4. Becoming a World Class Leader (something like that as the book is sitting on my night stand at home for my nightly reading before bed)

ALWAYS reading something!

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

Originally posted by henneca View Post
                        School books:

1. Introducing Organizational & Behaviour Management (Psych Adult Learning Class)
                        2. Teaching and Learning with Technology (Ed Technology Class)
                        3. Integrating Education Technology into Teaching (Ed Technology Class)
                        4. Becoming a World Class Leader (something like that as the book is sitting on my night stand at home for my nightly reading before bed)

ALWAYS reading something!
                        If you're having trouble sleeping, try putting one of the first three books listed by your night stand. Guaranteed to cure insomnia.

Comment

A little light reading.

An Introduction to the Design and Behavior of Bolted Joints by John Bickford
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

"It's Your Dream" Eight Elements To Guide Your Business Success.

Comment

Working...
                            X