A Safe Distance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Safe Distance

I think this is the demoncrats saying hillary is our best hope next election, and if we have to dis obama to get there, so be it.

No Problem.

There, I said it. Did I use it correctly?
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I think Hillary is certainly at the top of the list but I also don't think she is electable. She has a lot of skeletons in her closet and I'm not sure bill is an asset or a liability. Then again I don't see anyone else on the horizon either. This just might turn out to be the year for a libertarian. I think people are pretty unhappy with both sides of the aisle and their polling pretty much backs that up. Maybe Chris Christie. It seems like he's running the middle of the road now which is where he needs to be.
      sigpic

Comment

NHM keep having blind faith in what you choose to read, and which facts you choose to believe. I am a realist, I know our economy is tanking and doomed. I know this because inflation is up, salaries are down, part time jobs don't do squat. I have neither the time, nor patience to further educate you because you can't handle the truth. NHM, I do read. I read this Forum. NHM, what do you think of the posts by the real people here who have been hurt by this legislation? You calling them liars? I think you owe all of us an apology, immediately.

Comment

I think some have but most have not. I think you focus on the very few and not the vast majority and mostly I think that though you say you read you really either don't or your sources are suspect to say the least. You are not a realist, you are a reactionary. I "choose" to read and listen to many many sources from the ultra liberal to the ultra conservative and a bunch in the middle because if you don't vary your sources it's too easy to get trapped into linear thinking. I know you are fairly ignorant of what is going on economically and politically because your viewpoint is wholly centered on facts that are just plain wrong. Read some more, lots more and you will see for yourself. You don't like my posts because I refuse to climb upon your wagon of disparity and gloom. You attempt to color me as a left wing kook but you have no clear idea of what is left and what is right, nor do you truly know what is conservative and what is republican. Worst of all though is that you are unable to see the forest for the trees.
          Last edited by NHMaster3015; 11-12-2013, 05:57 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I will not vote for Hillary and I highly doubt she can get elected anyway. I doubt any Democrat will be elected this time around.

Comment

NHM, I may think you are rude, delusional, misinformed, and a lot more, but I would not insult or dismiss you by calling you ignorant. You and I disagree. Your opinions are result of what you read, and are told by others with a specific agenda. I suppose everyone else here who disagrees with you is equally ignorant as myself, or just a liar? I would not sink to call you a kook, you are an educator and you are entitled to your opinions. I am entitled to my opinions and I think they make much more sense than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                I will not vote for Hillary and I highly doubt she can get elected anyway. I doubt any Democrat will be elected this time around.
                If I had to bet, I'd bet on Christie. I don't believe Hillary is electable either and not only that, I think she would be divisive and in effective.
                sigpic

Comment

Satan himself couldn't be more divisive than the current leadership.

Comment

Does the name Jimmy Carter ring a bell? How about Lyndon Johnson. How quickly they forget LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Those guys don't come close the the religious/racial/political blend of division Obama has brought.

Lol, HeeHaw, yuck yuck

Comment

I'm guessing you ain't got much age on you.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was around for Carter. I've studied LBJ.

Hint: being old=/=being right

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            If I had to bet, I'd bet on Christie. I don't believe Hillary is electable either and not only that, I think she would be divisive and in effective.
                            Christie has been able to Garner support from both parties, and some unions have even backed him on some issues.
                            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

He seems to have a bit of common sense too. Something sadly lacking in the regressive wing of the party. Not saying I'm backing him just yet but he leaves a better taste in the mouth than Hillary does.
                              sigpic

Comment

He might be doing a good job here in NJ, but I'm still not sure if I want him in the White House.

Comment

Working...
                                X