More To Piss You Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More To Piss You Off

Can't decide if I'm informing or stirring the pot.

Andrew Huszar: Confessions of a Quantitative Easer - WSJ.com

Re: More To Piss You Off

No surprises there. Naturally obama takes the heat and as captain of the ship, he should but the Fed has always gone their own direction through countless presidents. I suspect they get away with it because the proposals they bring to the table are so convoluted and complicated that nobody understands them and they get the big pass. Note however the players involved in the whold scheme.
    sigpic

Comment

And More....

Special Report: The Pentagon's doctored ledgers conceal epic waste

Comment

I'll tell you what Bob and we have touched on the subject before but when we are arguing over the cost of welfare, illegal immigration, Obama care etc, you could put them all together and not come even close to what we spend on the military. There is no doubt that we need a strong military but the gross inefficiency and waste we don't. We could fund a crapload of projects if the military would just clean up its act.
        sigpic

Comment

As if our military is the only inefficiently spent funds.

Comment

Not the only, just the major player.
            sigpic

Comment

I know that you understand the concept of a flat tax so let me use this opportunity to make an analogy. This is where I use a concept that is previously understood to point out a similar facet in an obviously less familiar area.*

*all analogies used by ROFL are intended to emphasize the conclusion more than the introduction. ROFL reserves the right to roll his eyes when any person......regardless of religious affiliation, race, or thickness of skull......choose to misrepresent what was said to formulate an incorrect interpretation of what said and/or intended by rofl himself. (I'm looking right at you NHM)

Back to the flat tax thing.

I suggest that our government operates under a flat stupidity system. While there may be slight exceptions, the government generally applies the same amount of stupidity and inefficiency to every program it oversees without prejudice.

(This is the part where some knucklehead, still glancing same direction, goes off on some tangent choosing to focus on the minors while ignoring the majors)

Comment

We make exceptions for our esteemed members from the great state of Texas

If you are attempting to convey your opinion that the federal government is incapable of overseeing porgrams you might have achieved better clarity by using the words monkey, football and fornication. Not necessarily in that order.

Anyhoo...... take a close look at military spending and its going to be hard to do because the military does a fantastic job of hiding its true operating cost and then consider the inneficiency of a military that has five branches, all with flight capabilities. This subject has been talked about for over a hundred years and just as many books and articles have been written also. Unfortunately though, like everything else, there are billions if not trillions of dollars at stake here and of course, the military industrial complex which employs many thousands of people and stakes its entire existence on innefficiency. Its like your local town poliece department that always manages to justify buying new cruisers and hiring twice as many officers as they really need.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X