Do you feed the birds ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you feed the birds ?

I will start making suet for My friends. Anyone here do that ? Got recipes ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
      I feed mostly Cardinals. My feeder is adjustable, so I keep it small enough so the Doves (pigs) and Blue Jay's ( I agree, they are a nuisance) can't fit between the top and bottom. Soon we will have all the cute little birds with the different colored chests from up North. Blue, Green and Yellow mostly. They are about half the size of Cardinals.

Squirrels, we have several dozen I'm sure and they are fun to watch. Then there's the Red Tail Hawks.
      I'm jealous , nice mix ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It was the strangest thing I have ever seen a turkey do.
        Yeah, I always thought they were skiddish. At least the wild ones.

I'm jealous , nice mix ?
        I'm jealous of the guys that have Deer. I have seen a few Fox's, couple of Coyotes, Bobcat and lots of Coons. And as many Wild Boer as we have, I have never seen one on my property. I see them all the time other places. (Maybe I should be grateful, they can sure tear things up) In 30 years I have seen 4 deer and I think two of them were the same I saw the last time in the same place.
        Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Mark almost got me killed last year while in vegas with joey, phoebe and mark. He had a bag of bird feed and I took a little to the lake at the park to feed the ducks with phoebe watching on.

All of a sudden 2 big geese come from the water and are on a mission to attack me and my bag of seeds while joey and phoebe look on.

They were biting at me, my legs and my package didn't know if I should drop my bag anf let them have it, or grab their neck and strangle them. I figuered they were more interested in the bag so after a couple attempts of walking away, I let them have it.

Thanks mark, now joey thinks I can't protect her or phoebe from a couple of geese. I think you set me up for that.

Rick.
          I think that was glaringly obvious to Joey and Phoebe.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i feed the chickadees during the winter in memory of my mother as they were her favorite.
            but crows and starlings get feed with a shotgun( those damn things are a real pest )
            shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gnuuser View Post
              i feed the chickadees during the winter in memory of my mother as they were her favorite.
              but crows and starlings get feed with a shotgun( those damn things are a real pest )
              My Mom got Me started also ! Bless them all

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                My Mom got Me started also ! Bless them all
                Those of us who had Dads and Moms who taught us to be kind to animals, were truly blessed! I feel sorry for the monsters who can't be gentle and carry of God's little creatures. No offense NHM.

Comment

I'm jealous of the guys that have Deer. I have seen a few Fox's, couple of Coyotes, Bobcat and lots of Coons. And as many Wild Boer as we have, I have never seen one on my property. I see them all the time other places. (Maybe I should be grateful, they can sure tear things up) In 30 years I have seen 4 deer and I think two of them were the same I saw the last time in the same place.
                  Deer pose a big hazard to vehicles, they can destroy a car and kill occupants. We have a lot of wild turkeys and they are a pain in the butt. They stop right in the middle of the road and refuse to move.Fl sounds like a real wild life paradise with all those invasive species, like tegues, monitors and rock pythons.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Those of us who had Dads and Moms who taught us to be kind to animals, were truly blessed! I feel sorry for the monsters who can't be gentle and carry of God's little creatures. No offense NHM.
                    I feel sorry for those that have never tasted what real turkey, duck, bear, deer and moose taste like. I feel even worse for those animals that waste away and die of hunger because their numbers are overpopulated and they can't find enough food. I feel real bad for the blossoming herds of deer that get hit by cars and trucks because their natural habitat has been taken for houses, shopping malls and industrial parks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      I toss bread to the birds, but I'm going to look into getting a feeder for humming birds.
                      We put out a hummingbird feeder each summer. They don't show up here until late June. If you choose to put up more than one, I suggest you put them out of sight of each other, if you don't then one male will try to control both feeders. We as many as 3 or 4 some times, but usually only one at a time comes to feed. They'll usually take turns but sometimes there is a squabble and you get to see some great aerial acrobatics. The feeder is just outside the sunroom window and our cat goes crazy when they feed. He sits there only inches away but can't do anything, and it doesn't seem like he wantsto catch them, he just gets excited and makes a weird sound whilemhe watches them feed.
                      Last edited by Bob D.; 11-18-2013, 07:59 PM.
                      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        Mark almost got me killed last year while in vegas with joey, phoebe and mark. He had a bag of bird feed and I took a little to the lake at the park to feed the ducks with phoebe watching on.

All of a sudden 2 big geese come from the water and are on a mission to attack me and my bag of seeds while joey and phoebe look on.

They were biting at me, my legs and my package didn't know if I should drop my bag anf let them have it, or grab their neck and strangle them. I figuered they were more interested in the bag so after a couple attempts of walking away, I let them have it.

Thanks mark, now joey thinks I can't protect her or phoebe from a couple of geese. I think you set me up for that.

Rick.
                        So long story short you got rolled in Vegas by a couple of quacks.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

I see an average of 4 or 5 every morning on the way to work, some of them too close for comfort. Knock on wood I haven't had any damage to a vehicle in over 15 years.

I see all sorts of critters here every week Coyotes, red fox, skunks, possums, deer, bald eagles(3 different nests on my way to work), osprey, red tail hawks, turkeys, and still some pheasants, but the turkeys have taken over their territory in the past dozen years.
                          Last edited by Bob D.; 11-18-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            I feel sorry for those that have never tasted what real turkey, duck, bear, deer and moose taste like. I feel even worse for those animals that waste away and die of hunger because their numbers are overpopulated and they can't find enough food. I feel real bad for the blossoming herds of deer that get hit by cars and trucks because their natural habitat has been taken for houses, shopping malls and industrial parks.
                            Lighten up NHM, I was joking. You are talking to a guy who would eat human flesh, if cooked right

Comment

Working...
                            X