Sos need help with the turkey fryer !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sos need help with the turkey fryer !

He's been in the hot tub for 4 hrs ! Still white,still floating !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Sos need help with the turkey fryer !

what's wrong? You trying to defrost him?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thats ok, you're making soup for all.

No soup for you!

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

There's always Chinese take out.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          He's been in the hot tub for 4 hrs ! Still white,still floating !
          Turn up the heat

Comment

At 5-minutes per pound, you either have a giant turkey or there is not enough heat to your fryer.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              At 5-minutes per pound, you either have a giant turkey or there is not enough heat to your fryer.

Mark
              Marks now the butterball hotline.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I've never tried to deep fry a turkey (I've seen it done, and I've seen a couple of videos of those who have tried and flash fried their property). But, don't you get the oil up to temperature before you insert the turyky (like deep frying other things)?

NO experience whatsoever with this, but something doesn't quite seem right... hopefully you didn't put the turkey in the oil first before heating OR that your turkey wasn't frozen.

Hey, my adventuresome nature stops at cooking a holiday dinner, and leave that to the wife.

CWS

Comment

sorry cant help here
                  Im an old fashion cook
                  oven roasting only in my book! home made stuffing from a very very old recipe, home made deserts, fresh baked bread, and standing guard in the kitchen with a rolling pin after chasing everyone else out of the kitchen.

holiday meals are my domain and i dont tolerate any interference
                  shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

I think what you didn't consider is that Hot Tubes are generally constructed of plastic or fiberglass, not capable of obtaining the heat required, as would be with an Aluminum or Stainless Steel Hot Tub. You'll need to upgrade for next year.

Ron

Comment

Of course I was being stupid, as usual . We have an electric 2 gal oil fryer. Awesome results,and it's safe. Hope all had a wonderful day,
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                        I've never tried to deep fry a turkey (I've seen it done, and I've seen a couple of videos of those who have tried and flash fried their property). But, don't you get the oil up to temperature before you insert the turyky (like deep frying other things)?

NO experience whatsoever with this, but something doesn't quite seem right... hopefully you didn't put the turkey in the oil first before heating OR that your turkey wasn't frozen.

Hey, my adventuresome nature stops at cooking a holiday dinner, and leave that to the wife.

CWS
                        I fried 3 turkeys today. I heat the oil to 250 degrees, then put the turkey in. Pour the heat on and bring the temp. up to 350 degrees. 3 minutes per pound plus 5 minutes. Starting at the lower temp prevents boil over.

Some old timers say cook it till it floats.

Comment

If your using the gas fired cooker just turn off the flame when putting the turkey in the oil and after it is in the hot oil relight the burner, the oil will not flash if it splashes over, if there is not a flame to Ignite the oil,
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks RJ, that sounds reasonable to me. I keep reading about this deep-frying of turkey, but it always seemed a bit of a fuss and dangerous, if you aren't thinking the thing thru properly. Of course seeing a few of videos showing the mishaps certainly would dampen one's entertainment of such things too. But, how does it taste in comparison with the traditional long baking and basting in the oven?

But here in this family we are traditionalists and the turkey is always done in the oven, albeit without stuffing the bird. (The stuffing is cooked separately in a cassorole.)

BHD,

Thanks. That certainly seems like the common sense thing to do.

CWS

Comment

I'd bet the electrical guys and electrical engineers have the most awesome of deep fryers.
                              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                              X