Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Apple? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Apple?

    The video shows the Apple line in China making iphones & ipads.

    The majority of it is done by hand on a type of production line.

    The workers, if I remember correctly, work 12 hour shifts with 2 one hour breaks.

    They make between $400.00-$500.00 a month for this work. Not sure what kind of life that buys.

    They live at the factory. Dormitory type living. I think I heard about 6 to a room. Bunk beds. They pay for the dormitory living.

    There is a cafeteria there as well where they can purchase meals.

    They also put nets up around the building because they had a quick run of suicides once. (People jumping to their death.) It was noted though that the suicides per capita was low. But when this happened they put the nets up.

    I've been reading and watching a lot about China lately. I find it ironic how many b!tch about their country, economy, production facilities while looking at it on an iphone.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Apple?

      As posted above, this is the direct link.

      iPad - See The Horrors Inside The Secret Chinese Foxconn iPad Factory - YouTube

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Apple?

        I love my iPhone. It's my computer when I'm not at home. Can answer/reply/open emails in any format no matter what someone sends. Plays my youtube videos that lands me more work, every time.

        Allows me to block calls instantly, has a million apps at my disposal for whatever I need, notepad and calculator I use daily.




        It doesn't bother me that it's made in China. It's a good product. Just like Nissan, Honda, Toyota. See where I'm going this?


        You already know.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Apple?

          Let me guess. Communism produces better workers, better products, at cheaper prices than Union workers living in a democracy? Perhaps communist china will export some of their tradespeople here so consumers can save on those costs? I like forward thinkers, brilliant. I like my iphone, flat screens, and I could care less how many people suffer making them. I can't imagine a life without all these advancements.
          So much can be accomplished when you don't have all those labor and human rights issues getting in the way. Why can't America be more like communist china? What's the problem?

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Apple?

            Look at labor practices here at the beginning of the 20th century. I owe my soul to the company store. History folks. History and economics.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Apple?

              Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Look at labor practices here at the beginning of the 20th century. I owe my soul to the company store. History folks. History and economics.
              Exactly the way I was seeing it. They are behaving almost exactly as us at the beginning of our industrial revolution/capitalist run.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Apple?

                Union made vehicles - made to break, fail, cost money 'after' the sale.


                Foreign vehicles - almost impossible to destroy, last indefinitely, can't kill them because they were built to last.




                Back in the 80's I was having to switch out spark plugs, wires, cap and button for my motors twice a year, using the best ones each time and nothing was touching the manifolds.


                If you buy a new American made vehicle, no grease fittings now unless that first part fails, THEN you get your proper connection in your vehicle, with a grease fitting.

                The foreign vehicles? Sealed moving parts with sealed grease packs good for 100,000 miles.




                If America made the iphone it would be 4 times the cost and break in the first 6-10 months, intentionally. That's what you expect when you buy an American made vehicle, expect it in electronics.

                Buying foreign is the only way to protect consumerism. Unless you own a KIA then you're on your own with that stupidity.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Apple?

                  Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                  Union made vehicles - made to break, fail, cost money 'after' the sale.


                  Foreign vehicles - almost impossible to destroy, last indefinitely, can't kill them because they were built to last.




                  Back in the 80's I was having to switch out spark plugs, wires, cap and button for my motors twice a year, using the best ones each time and nothing was touching the manifolds.


                  If you buy a new American made vehicle, no grease fittings now unless that first part fails, THEN you get your proper connection in your vehicle, with a grease fitting.

                  The foreign vehicles? Sealed moving parts with sealed grease packs good for 100,000 miles.




                  If America made the iphone it would be 4 times the cost and break in the first 6-10 months, intentionally. That's what you expect when you buy an American made vehicle, expect it in electronics.

                  Buying foreign is the only way to protect consumerism. Unless you own a KIA then you're on your own with that stupidity.
                  Union workers built what engineers designed and American auto execs approved! Buying foreign has resulted in our disposable economy with appliances having to be replaced every three or four years instead of every 20. We are at the mercy of chinese junk, and that great apple phone, or ipad will have to be replaced in a few years because the units are sealed(no battery access) or the operating systems will be changed thus forcing the consumer to repurchase. Our purchase of foreign made goods simply strengthens other economies as ours dies a slow death. The entitlements won't stop as more and more jobs leave, we will be raising more human livestock. You are actually paying to support communism while weakening democracy. You really think what you said was wise? Sorry I disagree. We obviously can't keep meeting Union demands, anymore than we can keep supporting able bodied men and women through entitlements because there are so few full time good paying jobs. There is way too much wrong with our economy and society and no plan(s) to change that. No need to worry, manufacturing won't be coming back here Union or otherwise. Big business, the EPA, OSHA and others have made it impossible to make it in America. We are doomed so enjoy your communist toys as you insult working Americans who support small businesses, the government and all the criminals, illegals, bums and frauds who take but never give back.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Apple?

                    DOOMED I tell ya, absolutely DOOMED!

                    (no sense fighting it, we all just need to roll over and not get out of bed)

                    CWS

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Apple?

                      Frankie,


                      I can raise your blood pressure 900 miles away, every damn time!


                      I want you to go buy two vehicles today:


                      2014 Honda Accord


                      2014 Chevrolet - any model you like, the most expensive if you like.






                      Then I want you to report back to this thread in 2022,




                      Report the cost of ownership for both vehicles including any/all recalls, maintenance, unexpected repairs, wearable/consumable items like tires, brakes, belts...


                      Then we'll see if my words ring true what I wrote.


                      Nevermind the political jargon that accompanies, just hit me back with facts. When you see the difference between the vehicles, the cost of ownership, what you outspend to own one vehicle over another, you'll see why I have an iPhone, you'll see why I've owned foreign vehicles in my day.

                      There's a 2005 Toyota Corolla my dad owns that in nearly 8 years, all it has cost him is tires and brakes outside the loan to own. The resale value is high, knowing some parent wants that car for their son or daughter to go off to college. Remember the keywords 'reliability' when you're reading what I type.



                      Then tell me why you have issues with foreign vehicles when that Toyota was built right in my state, Georgetown Kentucky by American hands, non-union and no one is complaining who works there.

                      Does a Chevrolet production worker need $90/hour to turn wrenches on an assembly line in Detroit? Why can't I buy a $45,000.00 Ford truck with grease fittings on the entire undercarriage, all the pivot points? I'm American aren't I?

                      Why should there be a heavy handed relationship to screw the owner over and over when they are Americanized to purchase an American brand, only to be the SUCKER to end up paying for that emblem on the hood, over and over.

                      The difference between you and I is I'm a realist. I'm throwing it out there like the facts are, which is cost of ownership perspectives. Why? Because I've danced on both tables in owning both.

                      Of course, the foreign vehicles cost more, but your cost of ownership in totality will be significantly less, especially from the hardship point of view when things go broke.

                      I'd admire your stance quite heavily if you didn't always resort back to the time and time again stance that the unions do no wrong. They have their place. But for the 3 I encountered that I worked in, you're a name and a number, no individuality and excess, TONS of excess where money floats around showing the inefficiency that capitalism in non-union organizations don't involve with.

                      But hey; you're pension bound right? How many times has your pension been cut since retirement? Honest answer because my father has taken 3 cuts since 2005 when my mother passed away, now the insurance he has through the union kicked out his blood pressure meds that now cost him $324 a month, out of pocket.

                      Who do you trust, the man or the machine.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Apple?

                        Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                        Frankie,


                        I can raise your blood pressure 900 miles away, every damn time!


                        I want you to go buy two vehicles today:


                        2014 Honda Accord


                        2014 Chevrolet - any model you like, the most expensive if you like.






                        Then I want you to report back to this thread in 2022,




                        Report the cost of ownership for both vehicles including any/all recalls, maintenance, unexpected repairs, wearable/consumable items like tires, brakes, belts...


                        Then we'll see if my words ring true what I wrote.


                        Nevermind the political jargon that accompanies, just hit me back with facts. When you see the difference between the vehicles, the cost of ownership, what you outspend to own one vehicle over another, you'll see why I have an iPhone, you'll see why I've owned foreign vehicles in my day.

                        There's a 2005 Toyota Corolla my dad owns that in nearly 8 years, all it has cost him is tires and brakes outside the loan to own. The resale value is high, knowing some parent wants that car for their son or daughter to go off to college. Remember the keywords 'reliability' when you're reading what I type.



                        Then tell me why you have issues with foreign vehicles when that Toyota was built right in my state, Georgetown Kentucky by American hands, non-union and no one is complaining who works there.

                        Does a Chevrolet production worker need $90/hour to turn wrenches on an assembly line in Detroit? Why can't I buy a $45,000.00 Ford truck with grease fittings on the entire undercarriage, all the pivot points? I'm American aren't I?

                        Why should there be a heavy handed relationship to screw the owner over and over when they are Americanized to purchase an American brand, only to be the SUCKER to end up paying for that emblem on the hood, over and over.

                        The difference between you and I is I'm a realist. I'm throwing it out there like the facts are, which is cost of ownership perspectives. Why? Because I've danced on both tables in owning both.

                        Of course, the foreign vehicles cost more, but your cost of ownership in totality will be significantly less, especially from the hardship point of view when things go broke.

                        I'd admire your stance quite heavily if you didn't always resort back to the time and time again stance that the unions do no wrong. They have their place. But for the 3 I encountered that I worked in, you're a name and a number, no individuality and excess, TONS of excess where money floats around showing the inefficiency that capitalism in non-union organizations don't involve with.

                        But hey; you're pension bound right? How many times has your pension been cut since retirement? Honest answer because my father has taken 3 cuts since 2005 when my mother passed away, now the insurance he has through the union kicked out his blood pressure meds that now cost him $324 a month, out of pocket.

                        Who do you trust, the man or the machine.
                        Zero cuts to my pension since I retired at age 48, twelve years ago! I made room for another family man, a Union man to earn a living wage so he could afford to pay small business trademen to work in his home. My phone co. paid for prescription plan has doubled the cost of my blood pressure med from $25 for 90 day supply to $50. I'm more of a realist than you or CWS because I know these many problems are not going to be fixed and are unsustainable. I would not buy an American car because the engineering is still not comparable to honda, nissan, toyota. I have no complaints about foreign brands being manufactured here, it proves that the design and not the worker is at fault. You didn't come to that conclusion yourself? You guys are living is some sort of stupor and think it's liberal against conservative, Union worker against business owner. The real war is all of us against the rest of the world. Our economy can't keep printing worthless money, raising entitlement spending, losing full time good paying jobs, and importing what the rest of the world makes. You are not raising my blood pressure a single point. I just chalk up your responses to to tunnel vision. See the big picture, the loss of jobs, affordable healthcare plans, communist china flexing it's muscle and honestly say you are not concerned. The revenue paying American based businesses and jobs should not have been allowed to leave our country without some sort of government intervention. You and I and our children will pay the price for unemployment, and loss of revenue that supported entire communities. Small thinkers look to place blame on a single entity such as Unions, or big business.
                        Try thinking for yourself and realized there is plenty of blame to go around, and no solutions offered. If you actually read my posts, I did say Union demands were unsustainable in this economy. Inflation will always trump the contract settlements. Now you keep paying the difference between minimum wage and what those folks get from our taxes through entitlements and include that in your Union bashing. Smile while you pay for all those welfare moms, the bum men who fathered their children, and include that when you bash Unions. Don't forget all the other fraud and criminal behavior you and I pay for through our taxes. Your inabilty to respond to the points I make in my posts demonstrates a weakness. Now once again, who is responsible for the poor design of American cars, the people who assemble them, or the engineers?
                        See, that's why toyotas made here are just as good as the ones made in japan. The folks assembling those ford trucks without grease fitting are not to blame, it's the bean counters who know the parts will fail prematurely. I own a 99 explorer, replacement parts are made to last two or three years, the quality is that bad! They are not made here, care to blame the communist chinese worker, or worker in mexico? I didn't think so.
                        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 12-17-2013, 03:39 PM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X