Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask me what I believe just so you can outrage about it.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about Barilla Pasta

Originally posted by rofl View Post
    Excellent use of personal opinion and free speech. I respect your right to be wrong.......again ;-)
    I thought it was a poor choice of words for an educated man. Next he'll be saying something like man evolved from apes, or some other such nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
      Excellent use of personal opinion and free speech. I respect your right to be wrong.......again ;-)
      Shameful, definitely in poor taste and meant to incite and demean those who believe in a higher power.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Shameful, definitely in poor taste and meant to incite and demean those who believe in a higher power.

Mark
        Mark, if you have not noticed NHM does not disagree in a respectful manner. If his goal is to insult, and agitate like some troll he is on point.

Comment

Re: Ask me what I believe just so you can outrage about it.

You guys are so...... Predictable
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Ya got us again! I knew you believed in God and would not seriously insult other Forum members. Good night All.

Comment

I won't address anyone's beliefs here, just this recent issue that's arose.

I don't really even know the show well honestly. Don't think I've ever watched a whole episode. Scripted "reality" makes no sense to me.

I personally think the decision makers at A&E have shown themselves to be cowards more than anything. This person is the same as when they decided to put him on. Now that one part of his makeup gets some attention that may not be to a certain groups liking, they decide to "suspend" him. Whatever that BS means.

Comment

if i was that guy i'd pull out my best redneck voice and tell them to get the he!! outta my life. the cameras all get to leave. buh bye! how can they suspend him from his livelyhood? i mean really... not include him in that arsenine show of theirs maybe, but to make it sound like he's being punished? puhlease... A&E retards...
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

As if you weren't.

Comment

An official statement by the Robertson family was just released:

"We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family."

Comment

Boycott A&E Until Phil Robertson Is Put Back On Duck Dynasty

www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport

The above facebook page has 1,226,977 likes and counting in less than 24-hours. I'm guessing this will not end well for A&E. At the same time people are un-liking the A&E page.

You have to wonder why A&E would sensor his speech rather than just saying they disagree with him.

Mark

Comment

This is my comment I shared on facebook. Sums it up for me.

Just to clarify my position regarding Phil Robertson and A&E. I don't buy into the "freedom of speech" argument that gets lobbed around. I think there is some truth there in the "spirit of the law." Ultimately though that part isn't an issue for me. Phil expressed his opinion and A&E exercised one of their options. Both were within their rights.

I have other issues with this situation.

First off...I'm a little tired of people asking questions they already know the answer to just so they can create controversy. Everyone knew Phil's position on the topic, just like they knew the position of Truett Cathy of Chikfila. But if you ask the question enough times and enough ways you will eventually get an answer that you can get outraged about.

Secondly...While Phil's views may not be your cup of tea, he is consistent in what he stands for. This can not be said of A&E. If they are going to take the role of "offensive police" they should probably examine their show line up. They openly exploit addicts and the mentally ill for ratings. Just seeing the ads for Rodeo Girls is enough to tell me they aren't really concerned about the morals they portray.

Thirdly...I'm tired of the people that think it's impossible to love a person and yet disagree with their lifestyle or choices they've made. I can tell you from personal experience it is possible. I don't hate anybody. The same knuckleheads that sell this hate business also like to play the race card if I don't happen to agree with President Obama. It's nonsense. Don't take me wrong...there are people that hate, but there is no distinguishing.

A&E's motto is "Be Original." I haven't seen any group cave into herd mentality so quickly in all my life. Nothing original about it. Personally I hope that they jump networks. A&E has proven they only pretend to have standards.

Comment

love how they're sticking it to A&E
                          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

It looks like they are getting around 1,000 per minute right now.

Mark

Comment

Rofl, I'm actually with you on this one. I read the transcript of the interview and I read his later explanation of his life, circumstances and what lead him to believe as he does. Most of you know that I don't believe in gods and such nonsense but in this case his beliefs and his desire to try and follow the word of his god does not make him a homophobe. I believe he was just trying to follow his course in life. Some of this righteous indignation coming from these groups has reached the point of stupid beyond belief. I never watched the show but I think A&E did a huge disservice to the dynasty boys and their viewing audience.
                              So what you are saying is that you are an Atheist when you should be saying your an Agnostic as I have never seen or heard of anyone die and come back and say absolutly there is no God or as you put no Gods

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                Boycott A&E Until Phil Robertson Is Put Back On Duck Dynasty

www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport

The above facebook page has 1,226,977 likes and counting in less than 24-hours. I'm guessing this will not end well for A&E. At the same time people are un-liking the A&E page.

You have to wonder why A&E would sensor his speech rather than just saying they disagree with him.

Mark
                                is this how the world is run now? popularity polls on facebook?

you could call it a 'vote' of sorts I guess but since there are no controls it has to be viewed with some serious doubt.
                                ---------------
                                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                                ---------------
                                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                                ---------
                                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                                ---------
                                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X