Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask me what I believe just so you can outrage about it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about Barilla Pasta

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    So what you are saying is that you are an Atheist when you should be saying your an Agnostic as I have never seen or heard of anyone die and come back and say absolutly there is no God or as you put no Gods

Tony
    Nah, I'm an athiest. I don't believe in any superior being, power entities or whatever anyone wants to call it but that has nothing to do with this topic. I really do think that a&e made a bad decision here but I also think that considering all the real messes and problems in the world all this hoorah over a TV show seems a bit specious.
    sigpic

Comment

Now 1,433,321 likes and counting. That's 206,344 overnight.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in A&E corporate offices this morning.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Re: Ask me what I believe just so you can outrage about it.

I think it might be interesting to know the proclivities of the people running A&E

It is Hollywood after all Lol
          sigpic

Comment

1,584,711 likes +

Mark

Comment

They may be slowing down now. They are now at 1,611,312+ likes or 177,991+ in 12-hours.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Nah, I'm an athiest. I don't believe in any superior being, power entities or whatever anyone wants to call it but that has nothing to do with this topic. I really do think that a&e made a bad decision here but I also think that considering all the real messes and problems in the world all this hoorah over a TV show seems a bit specious.
                sad

Comment

It sure is. Close to two million people that care more about a TV show than they do about the people they elect.
                  sigpic

Comment

It sure is. Close to two million people that care more about a TV show than they do about the people they elect.

LOL - Kudos, that's quite the stretch.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      LOL - Kudos, that's quite the stretch.

Mark
                      I don't think so. Folks these days won't get off the couch to go down and vote but they will gladly log on to Facebook and voice their opinion in a venue that is meaningless. BTW this is not a freedom of speech issue as apparently millions of folks think it is. A&E is a privately owned corporation with shareholders. They get their money from selling advertising time. They are not the federal government and as such they are in no way obligated to the constitution. Ere is no freedom of speech on the TV. If there was we'd be hearing the "F" word constantly. They have probably made a bad decision but if so, they will pay the financial price for it. Nobody gives a crap about Benghazi but let Miley Cyrus dance around half naked or A&E pull duck dynasty and all hell breaks loose. It just shows where people's priorities are these days. I'll let you all get back to texting, face booking and fiddling with your phones. Lol
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think so. Folks these days won't get off the couch to go down and vote but they will gladly log on to Facebook and voice their opinion in a venue that is meaningless. BTW this is not a freedom of speech issue as apparently millions of folks think it is. A&E is a privately owned corporation with shareholders. They get their money from selling advertising time. They are not the federal government and as such they are in no way obligated to the constitution. Ere is no freedom of speech on the TV. If there was we'd be hearing the "F" word constantly. They have probably made a bad decision but if so, they will pay the financial price for it. Nobody gives a crap about Benghazi but let Miley Cyrus dance around half naked or A&E pull duck dynasty and all hell breaks loose. It just shows where people's priorities are these days. I'll let you all get back to texting, face booking and fiddling with your phones. Lol
                        It's estimated 126,000,000 of the 197,828,022 registered voters voted in the 2012 elections. How do you know who those people were.

As for A&E's right to fire Phil, I agree they had every right but only because it was likely contractual. Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of l964, you cannot be terminated for your religious views. As for freedom of speech, they attempted to impede his ability to have free speech. He has more money then he needs and they will not silence him.

Mark

Comment

For those who think Social Media does not work:

Cracker Barrel 12/21/13

"Cracker Barrel’s mission is Pleasing People. We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture.
                          We continue to offer Duck Commander products in our stores. We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation. We continually evaluate the products we offer and will continue to do so."

Cracker Barrel 12/22/13

"Dear Cracker Barrel Customer: When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that’s just what we've done. You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings.

You flat out told us we were wrong. We listened. Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores. And, we apologize for offending you. We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different. We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family."

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            For those who think Social Media does not work:

Cracker Barrel 12/21/13

Cracker Barrel 12/22/13

"Dear Cracker Barrel Customer: When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that’s just what we've done. You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings.

You flat out told us we were wrong. We listened. Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores. And, we apologize for offending you. We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different. We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family."

Mark
                            Mark,
                            Cracker Barrel has always been one of my go-to gift cards for certain customers whose corporate policies limit the amount that can given at one time ($25). I'd like to think that my email helped.

Comment

'Duck Dynasty' -- Other Networks Circling Like Sharks ... If A&E Passes, We're In! | TMZ.com

What A&E didn't realize was this group is extremely well liked, and if anything this just gave them major movements to wherever they want to go.

If I was them, live to your first action like Phil did and move on, they'll do just fine.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Well I guess all that's left to say is quack quack
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X