Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

steaming catchbasins and stuck cars after water main breaks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steaming catchbasins and stuck cars after water main breaks?

Do any of you in the cold areas do sewer/catch basin steaming?

I was looking at this mornings paper and they had a picture of a apartment parking lot and all the cars frozen in from a winter water main break.

I was just thinking there could be money in steaming out vehicles to free them up and steaming open the catch basin as when it gets warm the water is going to have no place to run. Our city will not do anything to help these people as its private property but the water came from a city main. They are also not helpful for getting cars out on the street if the are frozen in after a break.

Re: steaming catchbasins and stuck cars after water main breaks?

Here are some Pics

http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/i...ec_31_2013.jpg

http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/i...N_3__17211.jpg

Property manager is thinking a bobcat might be able to break them out. He probably does not realize that there is ice holding them underneath the car frame to the pavement.

Comment

Any kind of mechanical stress on those vehicles will cause major damage. I hope the property manager has a large personal and professional set of insurance policies. He's preparing himself for a boatload of lawsuits.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

He's in for a boat load of costs from a break on the city side his property.

The Govt Auto insurance agency (no private auto insurance sold in Manitoba) as already said that they will pay any claims on this subject to the owners level of deductible. But they are leaving the vehicle owner / property manager to figure out how to free the vehicles.

That's why I was thinking if somebody was smart they would call a few of the local steam cleaner / sewer steamer companies in and give all the cars a few minutes each of live steam to melt the ice beside and under the cars and free them up.

Comment

Working...
        X