so what do I do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what do I do

Over here in Chicago land and northwest indiana , we have been hit with a ton of snow,took literally 6 hours to shovel out my driveway , sidewalk to my garage/shop and my parking spot in front of my house.but the plow trucks have not touched any of the streets.My question is what do u do if a call comes in ? Well guess what two calls came in and I tried to explain to them what's happening and there all saying so your telling me u can't come? My response was so you're saying you haven't looked outside? Lmao.
    Attached Files

Re: so what do I do

you are considered an emergency vehicle. question is does their call count as an emergency or inconvenience?

do you really want to be on the road and driving or working?

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      you are considered an emergency vehicle. question is does their call count as an emergency or inconvenience?

do you really want to be on the road and driving or working

Rick.
      I have my coffee , plenty of food and all necessities at hand, I'll gladly stay home and watch the snow from my living room window

Comment

I see you looking at this just like a triage nurse where true emergencies are the only jobs for you to even consider leaving the mother ship.
        Last edited by Plumbus; 01-06-2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Please do me a favor.....
          get a case of mason jars and lids, fill them with your surplus snow,
          Then ship it to me in Arizona..so I can have water in august..

We are experiencing climate change here...today it's 71 and last August 5th it
          was 110

Cactus Man

Comment

the problem is what the police determine an emergency vehicle is
            police, fire, ambulance, and road crews are considered emergency vehicles
            utilities are considered secondary emergency vehicles. and in some cases the driver can be fined if caught out driving in those conditions
            if you cannot get out of your driveway when you get a call because the roads are not clear you are not at fault
            shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
              Over here in Chicago land and northwest indiana , we have been hit with a ton of snow,took literally 6 hours to shovel out my driveway , sidewalk to my garage/shop and my parking spot in front of my house.but the plow trucks have not touched any of the streets.My question is what do u do if a call comes in ? Well guess what two calls came in and I tried to explain to them what's happening and there all saying so your telling me u can't come? My response was so you're saying you haven't looked outside? Lmao.

How many inches of snow did you get ?

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                Please do me a favor.....
                get a case of mason jars and lids, fill them with your surplus snow,
                Then ship it to me in Arizona..so I can have water in august..

We are experiencing climate change here...today it's 71 and last August 5th it
                was 110
                Cactus Man
                that's mean o how I miss summer.lol

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  How many inches of snow did you get ?
                  Today 10" add that to yesterday s 8" and the 12" from a week ago it's high plus the freaking snow plow trucks in Indiana Suck the don't really go out.

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
                    Today 10" add that to yesterday s 8" and the 12" from a week ago it's high plus the freaking snow plow trucks in Indiana Suck the don't really go out.
                    30 inches
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                      30 inches
                      Ok ok ok maybe I exaggerated just a tad.We got about 6-8" on last Tuesday , then between yesterday morning up to about an hour ago was 13" but I can get out of my driveway just to get stuck in the street, I'm in northwest indiana and these city guys always forget to plow tour street and about a 2 mile radius surrounding area. , I think it must be the same guy because it's the same result every time it snows.I think he sleeps in the truck and hides out for a while

Comment

we are expected to get 36 inches minimum on tuesday alone. it's currently raining, 37 degrees, 40+ mph winds. in addition to tuesday's snow we are expecting 0 degrees actual with -40 windchill. a foot of snow in the street is not unusual here. not seeing a plow for days is also not unusual with the county cutbacks we have.
                        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Remember this is all part of global warming

Tony

Comment

Today's forecast -18┬░ actually it's -40┬░with the win d chill and that's no b.s you can Google it.

Comment

We got about ten inches during all of this mess, and yesterday it was in the high 30's and rained.... except where the snow was piled from my shovelling, it's ALL gone now. Right now the temp is about 26 degrees and dropping fast... supposed to be down to ten-below tonight. The snow that came down at the end of last week, though quite a bit, was very light due to the 10-15 degree temperatures. Like it was nothing to shovel out.

For your case out there in Indiana, you might want to check with your Public Works Dept, if you really do think you are being neglected... IF NOT, then I'd just leave it alone. I don't envy any of these guys during the heavy snow season, it's a thankless job for many of them.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X