X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironic Cold Weather Help

Today when I was traveling down a 'closed' major highway en route to a no heat call i came across 2 snowmobiles on the side of this highway. I skidded to a stop and backed up. 2 guys, regular looking snowmobilers, stood there. a yellow skidoo and a red yamaha. the hood on the red yamaha machine was up, the belt shredded. they had another one but getting it on without disassembling the clutch? a nightmare. to say the least it was not fun but i got it on...

i came across this article while looking to see if that highway has officially been opened yet:

State Park Police patrolling Route 219 by snowmobile - City & Region - The Buffalo News

they never even let on that they were law enforcement...
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Re: Ironic Cold Weather Help

Good for you Punky, always nice to hear a white hat story.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The police owe you a free pass on your next speeding ticket,,,,,,how is your splinter handling on the snowy roads?
      Last edited by cheesehead plumber; 01-08-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

the police are really good here and you only get what you deserve. i'd have to be doing something truly excessive and stupid to earn a citation. but perhaps someday they may remember the big black sprinter that helped them out that cold day...

the OEM Continental tires are poo. They're nearly bald with only 9100 miles on them. Today I had installed some special order rugged Mastercraft snows with studs. Honest to god steel studs! man i tell you, it's the best thing i ever did. now im going to try to get 2 free/warranty tires out of the dealership. even if they are poo poo tires i can run them for summer usage.
        ~~

Comment

my fronts lasted about 10,000 and my dual rears were about 21,000. bought 4 new mounted rears with wheels on ebay delivered cheaper than 4 tires alone.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
            the police are really good here and you only get what you deserve. i'd have to be doing something truly excessive and stupid to earn a citation. but perhaps someday they may remember the big black sprinter that helped them out that cold day...

the OEM Continental tires are poo. They're nearly bald with only 9100 miles on them. Today I had installed some special order rugged Mastercraft snows with studs. Honest to god steel studs! man i tell you, it's the best thing i ever did. now im going to try to get 2 free/warranty tires out of the dealership. even if they are poo poo tires i can run them for summer usage.

STEEL STUDS?

We haven't ben able to run studs in many years here in Minnesota.
            Way to hard on the streets.

Bet they really go in the snow well.

Comment

we're supposed to take them off by april. but i'll take them off only when the snow stops because the county doesnt plow as they should. they run better than any other tire i've had.
              ~~

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6d105007479f4aa1b6c5927f770178ab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	499.5 KB
ID:	18128
                ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                  we're supposed to take them off by april. but i'll take them off only when the snow stops because the county doesnt plow as they should. they run better than any other tire i've had.

I totally agree with you that studded tires are the best and most convenient as far as snow is concerned. Before they were outlawed here, I think about 35-40 years ago, I ran them every winter and never ever got stuck.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                  X