Campaign Money Map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign Money Map

The amazing morphing campaign money map. [VIDEO] No real smoking gun here but interesting nonetheless.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Re: Campaign Money Map

Cool! I'd like to see a map of what states the contributions come from.

Comment

interesting to see it graphically. really puts into perspective the why of campaign spending.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Both parties triage, demanding bang for the buck.

Comment

You (or they, in this case, ) only spend money where it is absolutely needed. There's little need to blow the bucks where there is little contest. For example, here in my area you could find an abundance of Republican signs and bumper stickers during the last Presidential election and even Republican "get-togethers" seemed to be prominently reported in the local papers; and, the local Republican office had bundles of yard signs and stickers left over after the election too. My wife wanted to get an Obama sign for the yard, but the local office never received any.... they simply weren't needed here.

One of the great problems, IMO, is this Citizens United deal in which Corporations and others can contribute, somewhat secretly, to any campaign. Nobody has to tell the truth and nobody gets called out for it, or even widely challenged. While that may be viewed as perfectly fine if your own party is doing it, there should still be the question in your mind (and also publicly) as to the source of all that financial support and what benefit those unkown supporters are seeking. The way it is now, some candidate could be the favorite son of Communist China or a drug cartel, and those secret finances could be spinning all kinds of un-truths for purposes that are counter to our future.

CWS

Comment

PACs that support an ISSUE and not a candidate don't have to report squat.

So I could take out ads in every media and plaster the airwaves with whatever position
            I want and spend untold millions and never have to disclose who underwrote it and where
            the money came from. As long as it does not endorse a candidate or a party.

If I stick to my message about 2nd Amendment rights (or no guns) or any other topic
            that's OK.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
            X